Implant failure? Revision required in less than a year.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Shadow9494

Implant failure? Revision required in less than a year.

Postby Shadow9494 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:58 pm

Hey guys,

Hope all are well. Been a while since I've been on here, so my apologies to those I might've helped.

Anyway, wondering if anyone else has had these issues:

1. Pump never stops pumping, but nothing is happening after cylinders are hard - just keeps pumping.
2. I can fully deflate, but then unit will re-inflate slightly over time, becoming firm, but not fully erect.
3. Large (about a 1/4-1/2") bulge (images) on right base of penis (implant or penile failure).

Dr. says he's not sure what's happening and has scheduled a revision for July 18th. I can't say I'm thrilled to be going in so soon (almost 7 months to the day since I was first implanted), but maybe I'll luck out and get a bigger implant (fingers crossed).

When I cycle, I don't really feel a stretch, but I'm almost "back to normal" in length and maybe slightly increased girth (well, especially with the obtrusive bulge - lol). I was so worried after first being implanted as it appeared so small. Things are better now like everyone says.

If nothing else, I'm hoping this will provide some insight/help to others that might experience this as I will be sure to post updates post-op.

I have been cycling my device regularly, using a VED on occasion and also attempting the Perito method. I am hoping this did not cause the issue. The Dr. said it could be a tube that popped through, but he can't be sure until he's in there. Definitely feels like tubing and gets hard upon inflation.

Thanks again to all - this board has been amazing.

54, AMS 700 LGX 12/14/22 15CM + 1RTE. Type 2 Diabetic. ED over 10 yrs. Had Peyronies (45 degree bend down mid-shaft) from using an extender and having vigorous intercourse - Xiaflex fixed. Possible venous leak.

wolfpacker

Re: Implant failure? Revision required in less than a year.

Postby wolfpacker » Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:19 pm

Looks like it could be a cylinder aneurysm as shown in the attached pic
Attachments
Screenshot_20230707_221817_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20230707_221817_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg (684.91 KiB) Viewed 854 times
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

aussiePeyronies

Postby aussiePeyronies » Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:48 am

Thanks for posting, keep us updated.

I have had to have revision as well, it's quite daunting.

Best of luck to you.

J
34 Years Old...Peyronies for 4 years. 20 Degree left and upwards curvature, major dents and narrowing, ED.

Implant + Tunica Expansion Procedure, 7th Feb 2023, Titan 22cm + 1cm RTE

Shadow9494

Postby Shadow9494 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:06 pm

wolfpacker wrote:Looks like it could be a cylinder aneurysm as shown in the attached pic

Yikes! Definitely seems like that could be the case! I took a pic of your pic and will send to my Dr., although with the revision a week away, I guess he'll know soon enough.

Thanks for the info! I will be sure to let everyone know the outcome.
54, AMS 700 LGX 12/14/22 15CM + 1RTE. Type 2 Diabetic. ED over 10 yrs. Had Peyronies (45 degree bend down mid-shaft) from using an extender and having vigorous intercourse - Xiaflex fixed. Possible venous leak.

Shadow9494

Postby Shadow9494 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:09 pm

aussiePeyronies wrote:Thanks for posting, keep us updated.

I have had to have revision as well, it's quite daunting.

Best of luck to you.

J

Thanks so much, aussie! I will definitely let everyone know how it goes.

How long between your initial implant and the revision? How are things for you now?

Thanks again!

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:08 am

I can tell you my revision is pretty much the horror story you don't want to hear. I was implanted 4-12-23 and then less than 2 weeks later ( actually just before a week, I noticed it leaking down at about 5 days post op ) I started losing the post op erection that they leave you with, was told to try to deflate and pump back up, deflated ok but upon trying to pump I got one pump then pump goes flat and all you hear when doing it is a squishing sound. Go-to Dr get CT scan and find reservoir is completely empty. Had Revision done 6-22-23 where they find out left cylinder has a hole in it. Replaced everything with new and so far no issues. I've been cycling twice a day as full as I can get it now for 5 days and have my followup with Dr this Friday 7-14-23. So yeah the horror of getting an implant that fails before the followup and before you can even try it is not good at all. But it's all good now.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:40 am

This makes me want to get a Coloplast, but then with the Coloplast yo have to deal with the dogears and the tubing and pump malfunctions.

There's no clear answer
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

Shadow9494

Postby Shadow9494 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:03 pm

JohnHC wrote:I can tell you my revision is pretty much the horror story you don't want to hear. I was implanted 4-12-23 and then less than 2 weeks later ( actually just before a week, I noticed it leaking down at about 5 days post op ) I started losing the post op erection that they leave you with, was told to try to deflate and pump back up, deflated ok but upon trying to pump I got one pump then pump goes flat and all you hear when doing it is a squishing sound. Go-to Dr get CT scan and find reservoir is completely empty. Had Revision done 6-22-23 where they find out left cylinder has a hole in it. Replaced everything with new and so far no issues. I've been cycling twice a day as full as I can get it now for 5 days and have my followup with Dr this Friday 7-14-23. So yeah the horror of getting an implant that fails before the followup and before you can even try it is not good at all. But it's all good now.

Sorry to hear about your horror story, JohnHC. Glad all is going better! Just curious - on your post-op cycling, how long do you leave it inflated? I recall my first go-around I was trying to leave it inflated for an hour each time and it was very uncomfortable.

Shadow9494

Postby Shadow9494 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:05 pm

Mark1974 wrote:This makes me want to get a Coloplast, but then with the Coloplast yo have to deal with the dogears and the tubing and pump malfunctions.

There's no clear answer

Very true, Mark. It's a great technology - they just need to perfect it.

JohnHC

Postby JohnHC » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:34 am

Shadow9494 wrote:Sorry to hear about your horror story, JohnHC. Glad all is going better! Just curious - on your post-op cycling, how long do you leave it inflated? I recall my first go-around I was trying to leave it inflated for an hour each time and it was very uncomfortable.

I inflate between 15 to 30 minutes. I only get the burning sensation in my glans but nothing to terrible. I've also had 4 back surgeries which damaged nerves in the area so that could very well be why the pain has never been any kind of issue for me, plus I've always had a high tolerance to pain. From what I've read on here and other sites, most Drs prefer you to inflate for 15 to 30 minutes 2 to 3 times a day, since I'm still a few days out from my follow up visit I'm going easy before ramping it up longer.

I'll let my Dr know what I've been doing and then find out what his recommendation is going forward as to how many times and for how long. Now mine also doesn't deflate fully, I can squeeze it while deflating it but it still has a sorta chub to it, almost like I'm starting to get aroused and having the beginning of an erection. It is in no way bothersome so I don't try to deflate it any further.

I think because of my back surgeries even pumping up to 100% I only get that burning pain in the glans but it's not horrible enough to deflate a bit. I don't know if I'm getting to 100% either - I'll pump it till I really can't squeeze the bulb and the cylinders are pretty much rock hard and for the most part can't bend my penis - so I'm assuming I've gotten it as full as I can, at least for now until the multiple inflations soften the implant up.
AMS 700 CX 21cm x 12mm with 1.5cm RTE, MS pump, and Conceal Reservoir. Implanted on 4-12-2023 removed and replaced 6-22-23 with the same, 1st implant surgery had pinhole leak in left cylinder. Now awaiting third surgery unknown failure.

Return to “Implants”