Coloplast Titan - Airport security check??

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
newbie443

Re: Coloplast Titan - Airport security check??

Postby newbie443 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:15 pm

There were old posts on this. The really old posts seemed to have a size element to weather or not you would set off an alarm, Back then the number was 21CM and above for likely to set off a machine, 20cm and below less likely. The old machines were setting off like crazy but the new ones are a bit better. Been a while since this was posted on. Maybe the new new machines are going off again or they are putting the old ones back in service for some reason.

Larger sizes more likely and smaller sizes not so much.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Hillywilly

Postby Hillywilly » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:20 pm

wolfpacker wrote:
Hillywilly wrote:Yep. I called DC and TSA headquarters to complain about being strip searched by the TSA. Just minding my business I went through and the body scanner went off I told the guy I had an implant and yet they insisted on a strip search (even though DC denies strip searches are allowed). Afterwards tsa thoroughly apologized to me. Enraged by my treatment and the fact I would have to explain my federally protected health information as the reason for my screening to my curios travel companions from work I let these two TSA agents know what losers I thought they were and how they had disrupted my well being.

Airports security needs better training on these matters just because some muslim fuck wears an underwear bomb on a plane doesn’t mean the rest of us should have to suffer.

I don't think you really need to explain anything about the implant. If their equipment beeps or whatever, they can search if they must, they'll find there's nothing in your pants but your dick.

True to be honest I don’t remember if I explained before or after the pat down but the pat down was the first step then he determined it felt “something hard” in my pants and I had to go to the private screening room and they asked me to drop my pants which IS against tsa official policy.

Anyways old dudes or guys traveling alone may not find it embarrassing but young guys traveling with their kids, families, or business associates might.

I’ve read of lawsuits against the TSA in such scenarios it is unacceptable.
33 HG deformity now Titan OTR 24cm XL + 1 cm RTE's Length 7.25in/ Girth 6in (midshaft) Dr. Hakky 4/4/23

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:35 pm

Tokyo_123 wrote:Yes. At the Bush Airport, Houston just after surgery. I said loudly that I have a PENIS IMPLANT and TSA the person scanning me (a black female) said "I'm done with this f***k'n sh*t." :D :D :D :D :D

This is great.
I have family near Houston, so I've been through the Houston Hobby airport a number of times with my CX, including immediately post op. I've never had an issue. I've been through probably 6 other airports since being implanted and never an issue.

But now I sort of hope I do so I can do exactly what Tokyo_123 did. :D Made even more fun because most people will look at my wife and not me.. 8-)
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:04 pm

I rarely "completely deflate". I deflate enough to be comfortable, which I might estimate to be 80% or so. I do have a pretty small dick, whether that makes a difference.

As an aside, years before my implant I was changing planes in Tokyo and got thoroughly patted down by a Japanese girl "TSA Equivalent". I enjoyed it!

Hillywilly wrote:
LMCatman wrote:I've been through TSA many many times in the ten or so years I've been implanted. Never an issue at all. Good luck man!

interesting. There has been 1 time when I didn't set it off as well. Are you max deflated every time you go through the airport?
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Campfire

Postby Campfire » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:13 pm

navy6587 wrote:I always have my Coloplast Information wallet foldout

Is this something your surgeon gave you? I think I might need this as a backup, travelling next month and don't want this embarrassment.
48. ED since decades. Pills hardly worked, never tried injections etc. Scheduled for surgery 4/7/2023.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:47 pm

I have a Patient Identification Card given to me by Dr Perito. I carry it in my wallet but have never needed to produce it. I also have one for my new Clareon Pan Optix Lens Implants. I'll probably never need it either but I carry it too.
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

New_Member

Postby New_Member » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:57 pm

Tokyo_123 wrote:Yes. At the Bush Airport, Houston just after surgery. I said loudly that I have a PENIS IMPLANT and TSA the person scanning me (a black female) said "I'm done with this f***k'n sh*t." :D :D :D :D :D

This has me dying :lol: I frequently go through that airport. I'm worried now that I'm going to be getting "caught" every time I go through their scanners. I have TSA pre-check but I am not sure if that's enough to avoid getting my implant picked up on scanners. I also have the Titan implant card for my wallet (got from Dr. Clavell). But I would prefer not to have to show that, especially if I'm going through the scanners with people I know that aren't aware of my implant...
31 years old, sick of taking pills and suffering side effects without guarantee of getting hard
Implanted Titan Touch 22cm with Dr. Clavell 7/5/23.
Pre-Op Stats
BPEL: 6.5"
Girth: 6.1”

Post-Op Stats
BPEL: 7”
Girth: 6.2”

navy6587

Postby navy6587 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:17 pm

All...agree with LMCatman re: the tri-fold PIC (Patient Information Card) from Coloplast. My surgeon or his PA gave it to me post-op instead of the very desirable key ring the company gave to their patients. Perhaps I didn't get a key ring because the Richmond area Coloplast rep was a POC and ratted me out to my surgeon because I asked too many questions! Anyway...all it says to the reader is: "I Have a Coloplast Prosthetic Implant" and that in case of emergency, the implant is MRI conditional. It also has space to list your name and address, the surgeon's name and telephone number, hospital and date of implant, health care provider/ insurer, policy number and 'in case of emergency' the name and phone number of a person you want notified. On the back it includes instructions of how to operate your implant and specs regarding the MRI Conditional status...stuff for the MRI folks. Full disclosure: I've only drawn it out once and showed the TSA rep. All the other times I just hold out my hands and get wanded.
77; ED at 50. Fired by 1st doc (Szobota - VA Uro) too many q's & contact w/ Coloplast rep. New doc: Ellen (VA Uro) implanted 11/8/18. 22cm Titan + 2cm RTEs; moron docs, product rep, intake/ dischg nurses! NEVER again! L- 6.75"; G- 5.5" oval.

Backingame

Postby Backingame » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:09 pm

I get pulled to the side and patted down about 75% of the time. Not a big deal...let them do it, the feel my dick, usually say, what is that, I say my penis, they just move me along. My wife just smiles. You don't have to explain why to anyone, if they ask, just say you are well endowed...live your best life, -peace out
57yo, prostate cx @ 54, RP, nerve sparing, ED persist, bimix great, but caused scaring, 7/21 Titan 22cm,2 RTE. 7"x6.5" natural, now 6.5"x5.25"

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:20 am

New_Member wrote:

I also have the Titan implant card for my wallet (got from Dr. Clavell).

OK. I've got to contact him to get this.
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

Return to “Implants”