Consultation scheduled

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Marktheman05

Consultation scheduled

Postby Marktheman05 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:29 am

I called yesterday and scheduled my consultation with Dr. Hakky. I will be going for the tactra malleable implant because there seems to be more problems associated with the IPP. I look forward to being able to achieve an erection again and am proud of myself for making this crucial first step.

implantguy1

Re: Consultation scheduled

Postby implantguy1 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:11 am

Bro can you ask him about the chances of erosion in malleable? How erosion happens? How we can prevent it? If somehow erosion happens then what?? It is the end of all things or doctors can repair it? Please ask him and update the community.
Regards

Marktheman05

Postby Marktheman05 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:15 am

implantguy1 wrote:Bro can you ask him about the chances of erosion in malleable? How erosion happens? How we can prevent it? If somehow erosion happens then what?? It is the end of all things or doctors can repair it? Please ask him and update the community.
Regards

This is in my list of questions to ask. I will ask him and update everyone here.

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:42 am

Are you sure he is going to do a malleable for an initial implant?

I brought it up to one of the doctors working with Levine and got shot down with a hard no
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:45 am

implantguy1 wrote:Bro can you ask him about the chances of erosion in malleable? How erosion happens? How we can prevent it? If somehow erosion happens then what?? It is the end of all things or doctors can repair it? Please ask him and update the community.
Regards
I've read cases where doctors repair it, but what that does to sensation i can only imagine.

The only cases I've seen that ended in total disaster were infections that turned gangrenous. Those resulted in penectomies. But I've read of cases of that for both malleable and IPP
I was born in 1974. I've had venous leak ED since early 30's, but managed with pde5 inhibitors until mid 40's. I have fairly severe hour-glassing, but no hard plaques. My urologist is worldwide acknowledged expert Dr. Laurence Levine

Marktheman05

Postby Marktheman05 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:50 am

Mark1974 wrote:Are you sure he is going to do a malleable for an initial implant?

I brought it up to one of the doctors working with Levine and got shot down with a hard no

I haven’t talked with Dr. Hakky yet. The woman in the phone asked what implant I was interested in and I told her Tactra and she didn’t act like it would be a problem. Why did they tell you no?

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:14 am

Marktheman05 wrote:
Mark1974 wrote:Are you sure he is going to do a malleable for an initial implant?

I haven’t talked with Dr. Hakky yet. The woman in the phone asked what implant I was interested in and I told her Tactra and she didn’t act like it would be a problem. Why did they tell you no?

Every time I see Dr Levine ( I think I've had 4 visits) there is always a physician studying under him that sees me first and talks to me.

I brought up the malleable to one of these physicians and he said that it's only for guys with dexterity issues or salvage procedures, but wasn't appropriate for me. I don't remember the exact words, but something to that effect. But the tone was declarative..like bascially that wasn't even an option

Marktheman05

Postby Marktheman05 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:22 am

Mark1974 wrote:
Marktheman05 wrote:

Every time I see Dr Levine ( I think I've had 4 visits) there is always a physician studying under him that sees me first and talks to me.

I brought up the malleable to one of these physicians and he said that it's only for guys with dexterity issues or salvage procedures, but wasn't appropriate for me. I don't remember the exact words, but something to that effect. But the tone was declarative..like bascially that wasn't even an option

That's weird to me cause I've seen people here get the malleable and they didn't have dexterity issues. I think that's crazy for them to say because there are other good reasons for going for the malleable besides that. I am poor with not very good insurance so I can't afford the revisions of an IPP.

Mark1974

Postby Mark1974 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:27 am

Well Dr. Levine's office already had my insurance and it's a good insurance because it's Blue Cross Blue Shield and I have the best plan I can afford through the Illinois teacher's union.

I'm not saying that to rub it in anyone's face, but to make the point that maybe if they are aware that you have good insurance they expect you to get an IPP, because it's the better option in most ways and in their professional opinion it's most appropriate.

I think if you don't have insurance and are paying out of pocket some doctors will give you other options they don't consider optimal...I don't know...

Marktheman05

Postby Marktheman05 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:17 am

Mark1974 wrote:Well Dr. Levine's office already had my insurance and it's a good insurance because it's Blue Cross Blue Shield and I have the best plan I can afford through the Illinois teacher's union.

I'm not saying that to rub it in anyone's face, but to make the point that maybe if they are aware that you have good insurance they expect you to get an IPP, because it's the better option in most ways and in their professional opinion it's most appropriate.

I think if you don't have insurance and are paying out of pocket some doctors will give you other options they don't consider optimal...I don't know...

Oh okay well I will see what my options are but if I can somehow get approved for 3 piece implant by my insurance I will try that and then if it fails prematurely I will be getting a malleable implant somehow

Return to “Implants”