Implanted on 21st June 23. AMS LGX Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
LeRoastBeef

Re: 21st June is my surgery

Postby LeRoastBeef » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:33 pm

How did you get on?
Implanted with AMS 700 lgx, 2021.
30's
UK

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:48 pm

Today is day 6

Morning pain was high(last night tried to change the angle of the implant by lifting it up). Took pain meds early and the antibiotic. Packed and left the hotel around noon. Walking with luggage and cab ride felt manageable.

Atul you were right ..home feels better.
Got some food and supplies delivered. Overall swelling is mostly gone. I can feel the implants sideways under the glans and the pump( low and towards the back). The scrotum skin is back to its wrinkled original texture from the swollen taut version post-surgery.

I can squat without discomfort but standing brings the pain back.

Hopefully, day 7 will ease out standing pain.
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

SWorks17

Postby SWorks17 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:39 pm

Captain1117 wrote:Today is day 6

Morning pain was high(last night tried to change the angle of the implant by lifting it up). Took pain meds early and the antibiotic. Packed and left the hotel around noon. Walking with luggage and cab ride felt manageable.

Atul you were right ..home feels better.
Got some food and supplies delivered. Overall swelling is mostly gone. I can feel the implants sideways under the glans and the pump( low and towards the back). The scrotum skin is back to its wrinkled original texture from the swollen taut version post-surgery.

I can squat without discomfort but standing brings the pain back.

Hopefully, day 7 will ease out standing pain.

Hoping that the pain will start easing off soon Captain :!:

Some guys use frozen peas in a zip lock bag, I used frozen gel packs that you can use on your knees, I would just place it over my whole package.

Once I got in my motorized reclining chair with a foot rest I was ok. I don't remember that I had problems standing with pain, on the other hand when I walked, it was like a cowboy trying to make as much room for the boys down there not to rub against each other and the pump too.

It will definitely get better soon.

Hang in there Captain :!:
Age 66, Garden Ridge Texas, Progressive ED after Boston Scientific Rezum procedure for benign enlarged prostate 19 May 21, AMS LGX 18 w 3cm rear tips installed 5 Nov 2021 by Dr Shane Barney, Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas, Married 35 years

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:31 pm

Yes

Icing as much as possible.

Thank you for the warm words and wishes.
Appreciated :)
" The greatest benefit of an implant is that a man stops thinking about ED."-Dr.Eid

48, healthy, straight, single.ED after turning 40. AMS LGX implanted by Dr.Yonah Krakowski in June 2023.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:18 pm

Captain1117 wrote:Yes

Icing as much as possible.

Thank you for the warm words and wishes.
Appreciated :)

Most doctors I have read about ask you to ice only for 3 days. Post which you have to use heat. Are you sure you were asked to ice for this long? My doctor told me this and in videos of Dr. Eid he says the same.

I always found that lying in bed with no underwear and a very comfortable pyjama/shorts with the shaft pointed up was the most comfortable.

I think you will start feeling better now day on day.

Regards,
Atul
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:01 am

Day 10:

Finished my last dosage of antibiotics this morning.

Yesterday I had to walk 3000 steps for a family situation that kept me busy the entire day.I realized by evening the pain had gone significantly lower even after the long hours of sitting and walking.

Reduced dosage of pain killers too.

Its looking and feeling better already with the semi-erect that the surgeon left me with.

Thanks to each of you who have encouraged me during the early days. The first week definitely is the hardest.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:40 am

I can't believe it's been 10 days already.

I think you'll feel a big improvement over the next week.

What's the score with cycling for yo?
30's
UK

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:29 pm

Hi LeRoastBeef

You are right..time is passing quickly.
Hopefully, another two weeks passes well.

My surgeon's protocol is to inflate deflate after 6 weeks.

Currently, I am partially inflated.

Captain1117

Postby Captain1117 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:15 am

Its Day 14!

Started driving around and working(desk job) in last few days. The pain is steadily coming down. Still using Tylenol. The swelling in scrotum is almost gone. Can feel the pump and tubings.

The stitches sometimes itch. Yesterday after a shower noticed the stitches and scar were red. Send an email to my surgeon with photo.He replied its looking normal. Will continue with the polysporin and no baths for a few more weeks( an extra precaution)

Can't believe 2 weeks is over. Been pulling gently the pump down but its already pretty low(lower than my testicles) so not going to pull more.

Started my supplement regimen of Vir D3,C, Omega 3s etc.

LeRoastBeef

Postby LeRoastBeef » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:07 pm

I had a fair bit of redness around the scar. Some seepage of a colourless liquid too, was concerned, surgeon made clear it wasn't an issue.

It never was. You may have itching as the wound heals too.

You're tough to go back to work at 14 days.

Good man.
30's
UK

Return to “Implants”