Implant Infection or UTI?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
mschicago

Implant Infection or UTI?

Postby mschicago » Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:55 pm

I was implanted in October, 2022 and everything has gone well so far. Then this past Thursday I started to have the frequent urge to urinate and yet not much would come out often and had the same burning pain as I did from the catheter from implant surgery but not as intense. I had a UTI about 15 years ago and had similar symptoms. I did not cycle Thursday but cycled Friday and had no additional pain when inflating or deflating. Seemed normal on that front. Just returned from urgent care where they did a urinalysis and not enough came back to confirm a UTI. They are sending to the lab for further analysis but I am starting antibiotics as soon as my prescription can be filled from the pharmacy. I am still thinking this is a UTI due to the classic symptoms but the negative urinalysis concerns me. Anyone experienced anything like this and then found out it was an implant infection?
49, Implanted AMS CX on 10/24/22 by Dr. Laurence Levine.

Daytripper

Re: Implant Infection or UTI?

Postby Daytripper » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:16 am

I had this symptom before and it was Prostatitis which has similar symptoms as a UTI. Also the urinalysis are not 100% accurate which is why sometimes it beneficial to have more than one over the course of serveral days. Mine cleared up with antibiotics. Good luck.
62 yrs old first implanted 9/4/2012 Titan OTR, lasted 10 years failed on 9/7/2022. Revision by Dr. Clavell 4/5/2023. 24cm + 1cm RTE's, Titan OTR. 110CC cloverleaf reservoir. Penoscrotal both times.

Return to “Implants”