Inflate button covered with tissue

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Entourage

Inflate button covered with tissue

Postby Entourage » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:31 am

Hello
Is there anyone here who had their inflate button totally in the back of both testicles not about to reach at all. No matter how hard I try it’s in the back impossible to reach covered with tissue. My pump is still stuck to the scrotum. I was only able to deflate twice just a little bit. I just read a paper that it might be a risk for something else. I really don’t want then to make me go again in the surgery. It’s nearly impossible to get a hold of it. If anyone experienced the same please advise me. Im taking hot shower twice a day and applying head pad to the area. No improvement. This really makes me depressed and worried. The whole inflate button and around it is covered.
26 years old
PFS- HF/LF for 3 years
Implanted titan May 2nd
DR.Clavell

ThailandBound

Re: Inflate button covered with tissue

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:52 am

I believe you’ve posted about this issue before.

Dr. C has a very good reputation for responding to his patients. Surely you’ve reached out to him.

What did he tell you?
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Entourage

Postby Entourage » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:00 am

He asked me to apply heat packs and take hot baths. But it’s so covered it’s nearly impossible to even feel the deflate button. Im trying to get I. Touch with someone with similar issues. I tried scrolling and reading but no one had something quiet like mine.
26 years old
PFS- HF/LF for 3 years
Implanted titan May 2nd
DR.Clavell

atul21

Postby atul21 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:14 am

We all heal differently and some ppl take more time than others. You are still very new from surgery. I can tell you that in my case the progress was not linear. The situation improves drastically even in one day.
What you are experiencing is also what I faced with deflate button. I had to move around the pump and find a spot where it would pain less. Mind you it may keep paining a hell lot for few more weeks.
The knots which form over the button get healed with applying heat and hot showers. I strongly advise to try manoeuver the pump while you are in a hot shower. I used to eat a pain killer (ibuprofen) about an hour before going to shower. I found that was the best way to avoid pain. I somehow get the feeling that you are avoiding exploring the pump due to pain/fear of pain.
So do things which will mitigate the pain and bear with the pain which will definitely come as you inflate/deflate.

Good luck. You have done the real hard bit. Like we say in Hindi ‘the whole elephant has passed, just the tail is remaining :)
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:44 am

Your surgery was May 2. Today is June 3.

Doctor C told me to leave it alone until week 6. At the one month point the ONLY thing i did was gently touch the pump with my index finger to take note of where it was. Not even close to deflating.

Did he tell you to commence deflation at this stage?
Active, athletic 63 years old. Sexually, still 33 in my mind and spirit. Pills and injections all worked, until they didn’t. Diagnosed with veinous leakage in 2022. Coloplast Titan. 22 CM. No RTE. Peno-scrotal. Implanted 1/4/23. Dr. Clavell.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:36 pm

Entourage wrote:Hello
Is there anyone here who had their inflate button totally in the back of both testicles not about to reach at all. No matter how hard I try it’s in the back impossible to reach covered with tissue. My pump is still stuck to the scrotum. I was only able to deflate twice just a little bit. I just read a paper that it might be a risk for something else. I really don’t want then to make me go again in the surgery. It’s nearly impossible to get a hold of it. If anyone experienced the same please advise me. Im taking hot shower twice a day and applying head pad to the area. No improvement. This really makes me depressed and worried. The whole inflate button and around it is covered.

I speculate that what you have is scar tissue covering your pump body and obscuring the deflate button there is no actual “inflate” button, but the pump bulb takes care of that function).

When the body receives a trauma or finds a foreign body, it forms a scar tissue capsule around that area/object partly as padding and partly as a capsule to isolate and contain any toxins, etc. The body begins this scar tissue formation even before the surgery is over.

Since the valve body is not toxic, and will require only minimal padding, the scar tissue is not helpful and indeed needs to be minimized so that you can operate the valve properly.

One does that with heat and massage to break up that scar tissue as early in the healing process as possible (balancing between the post-op tenderness, which is decreasing with time and the increasing toughness of the scar tissue being formed in the weeks after surgery). Do as much as you can tolerate as soon and as firmly as you can, alternating between firm and gentle massage. The heat is for comfort and blood flow. The massage does the work.

Minimizing the scar tissue at the button and on the diametrically opposite side of the valve body will make it easy to operate the device.

Be careful to only do this with the scar tissue forming up. When you encounter other structures inside your scrotum, gently move them out of the way (vas deferens, blood vessels, the testes themselves). You should be able to detect them by feel very easily.

Check with your surgeon or the manufacturer's Patient Liaison for more detail about this process. I am not a medical professional. This essay is based on the speculation in my initial sentence and on my experience with my own implant.

Having my pump bulb prominent in the front of my scrotum (making a visible bulge) I envy your location. As I understand it, low and posterior is the ideal positioning. Count your blessings, my friend.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:39 pm

slow your roll Entourage, you're still early.

I know that it occupies your mind every waking moment and sometimes through the night because you have a 24/7 erection, but you have to let time pass and healing complete.

Do what Dr. Clavell says and try your best to be patient. Having been there, it's human nature to think YOURS is the one surgery that went awry, YOU have the situation that nobody has ever talked about before, YOU will have to deal with consequences nobody has ever seen. It's just not true. Dr. Clavell has seen thousands of implant surgeries, you've seen ONE.

Stay the course, keep the faith, things will work out. Stressing just slows the healing process, calm yourself and heal.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

rreese60

Postby rreese60 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:01 pm

Yes buddy, listen to these other guys. Stay the course. Patience is the key. I'm on day 40, just cleared for sex but I'm giving it 2-3 more weeks because of the sensitivity. I thought I was on my way to healing up when 3 weeks in Doc pumped it up all the way. So intense I wanted to kill Santa Clause. After 2 weeks of that an hour a day, I improved a lot.
Another key, as doc explains, is to get in a warm shower to ease the pain and pull down on the inflate/deflate knob. This will help with the scarring, feels like a pad. He said that will heal. No pain no gain my friend. Keep the faith

ThailandBound

Postby ThailandBound » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:29 pm

Jage64 wrote:slow your roll Entourage, you're still early.

I know that it occupies your mind every waking moment and sometimes through the night because you have a 24/7 erection, but you have to let time pass and healing complete.

Do what Dr. Clavell says and try your best to be patient. Having been there, it's human nature to think YOURS is the one surgery that went awry, YOU have the situation that nobody has ever talked about before, YOU will have to deal with consequences nobody has ever seen. It's just not true. Dr. Clavell has seen thousands of implant surgeries, you've seen ONE.

Stay the course, keep the faith, things will work out. Stressing just slows the healing process, calm yourself and heal.

Every word Jage says is true.

Look. No doubt about it. Even with Doc C’s excellent pain management this six weeks of your life just kind of sucks. We are here writing you because we’ve done it. And not that long ago.

YOU are the only person you know that’s been through this. Of that i’m sure, so you feel very alone and in unknown territory.

We’re here to help you feel less alone, and we speak from experience. I’ll take the liberty of speaking on behalf of Jage and numerous other Clavellians here when i say:

It’s all going to be ok.

Hang in there.

Entourage

Postby Entourage » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:14 am

Thank you so much fellow Ft members. Yes it’s been very frustrating. Doc did actually tell me to start inflating and deflating. Im still doing the hot baths and icing on the penile shaft for swelling. Boy I can tell you after deflating it’s a different kind of pain. I could never deflate fully but I’m at 10 percent inflated and there’s a stinging pain. I am following his instructions but it is a difficult journey and that you all for the information. I wanted to also know is there any problem if I leave my device 10-20 percent inflated all the time. Or is it mandatory to deflate fully.
26 years old
PFS- HF/LF for 3 years
Implanted titan May 2nd
DR.Clavell

Return to “Implants”