Long term injections effect on implant surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Frenchie

Long term injections effect on implant surgery

Postby Frenchie » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:25 pm

Can the scarring from injections leave you without an implant because it can't be fitted during surgery? How bad must the scarring be so it can complicate the surgery? What are the red flags that I should notice in my dick so I can stop immediately and schedule for an implant? The thought of causing serious damage to my penis and being unable to get an implant later terrifies me.
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

Gt1956

Re: Long term injections effect on implant surgery

Postby Gt1956 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:51 pm

Not sure that would prevent an implant. I've read of the better surgeons cutting through scar tissue to make room for the implant. I'm fairly certain that its very likely to be a longer surgery & perhaps a longer recovery.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

JiminFL

Postby JiminFL » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:37 pm

I used injections frequently for 3 years before they became ineffective and I went bionic. It became increasingly difficult to find suitable injection sites due to all the scaring. That said, the surgeon didn’t have a problem implanting me...at least he never mentioned it.
57yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 4yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

Username1

Postby Username1 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:47 pm

It depends on a number of things:

If you have PD, injections will in my docs words “f*&k up your dick”. You will loose of length, chances of fibrous build up especially if TriMix is used.

Fibrous build up make the surgery more difficult and may affect the type and size of implant.

That said, lots of people successfully use injections without any damage.

Best to talk with your doc.
Implanted 5.25.21 Coldplast, 24cm. Dr Tajkarimi.

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:01 pm

From only 8 months of injecting, when I was implanted by Dr. Eid, he reported that I had been obliterated with scarring. He said he had to use a very small drill to get through it and that my surgery took 2 1/2 hours. BUT with Eid's vast experience and skill, my recovery was nearly instantaneous and my implant has been wonderful. So I am among the brothers who strongly advocate going with a high volume experienced surgeon who has seen it all and knows how to manage very difficult cases.
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

ShouldIwait

Postby ShouldIwait » Mon May 01, 2023 12:52 am

Some scarring w ICI is normal. They make a tool to help prepare the cavernosm

https://uramix.com/the-mooreville-dilator/

Very common. I had scaring that I could easily feel. My IPP went great (didn't need the cavertome) and now cannot feel any scare tissue when using my IPP
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

Return to “Implants”