New implant technology?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: New implant technology?

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:54 am

returntocenter wrote:
master1c8 wrote:
returntocenter wrote:IMO implant lifespan is a huge area for improvement. If we could get 20 years out of the average implant instead of 10, that would be massive. This might involve materials science R&D for example. This is a clear area of improvement to me.

Coloplast now offer lifetime guarantee in some cases.

I doubt they would ever offer it to people our age though. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

You don't say where you live. Hint, fill out your signature line.
I'm pretty sure that at least in the USA a warranty can't be limited to certain age groups. Honestly, if a warranty is offered in your country, I'm fairly certain it is available to all patients.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

master1c8

Postby master1c8 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:03 am

Gt1956 wrote:
returntocenter wrote:
master1c8 wrote:Coloplast now offer lifetime guarantee in some cases.

I doubt they would ever offer it to people our age though. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

You don't say where you live. Hint, fill out your signature line.
I'm pretty sure that at least in the USA a warranty can't be limited to certain age groups. Honestly, if a warranty is offered in your country, I'm fairly certain it is available to all patients.

I live in San Francisco, but a year ago I lived in Russia, I had to escape due to persecution for political reasons. I know about signature, but I try not to write the word "Russia," unless absolutely necessary, as this often causes a negative reaction

I have a lifetime guarantee from Coloplast, but my case is not indicative, since Coloplast, after the outbreak of war, cooperates in Russia with only one clinic and therefore they have special conditions due to large volumes and predictable statistics on complications. As I know in countries where they have many surgeons partners, the practice of a lifetime guarantee has not yet developed
Age 33.
Have about 8 month ED, started use pills and injection but stop it
now with Coloplast Titan Touch by Dr. Menshchikov.
If you want to look at implant you can call me.

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:38 am

I think if you can provide a Coloplast representative with your implants serial number then they can tell you about a warranty. Basically you need proof of ownership.
Even car warranties follow a car to a new owner within the time limits of the original owner. I had a friend that got a new engine in his car even though he was the second owner.
Implantable medical devices have a serial number on them. Trouble is they need to be removed to read it.
As for your Russian fears. I think that you don't need to worry about it. At least one member from Russia posts here. I haven't seen any hate towards him.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

master1c8

Postby master1c8 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:56 am

Gt1956 wrote:I think if you can provide a Coloplast representative with your implants serial number then they can tell you about a warranty. Basically you need proof of ownership.
Even car warranties follow a car to a new owner within the time limits of the original owner. I had a friend that got a new engine in his car even though he was the second owner.
Implantable medical devices have a serial number on them. Trouble is they need to be removed to read it.
As for your Russian fears. I think that you don't need to worry about it. At least one member from Russia posts here. I haven't seen any hate towards him.

Ok, I will mail them, just to be sure
Age 33.
Have about 8 month ED, started use pills and injection but stop it
now with Coloplast Titan Touch by Dr. Menshchikov.
If you want to look at implant you can call me.

indeed

Postby indeed » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:21 pm

A surgeon told me, coloplast should come out with a new implant in like 5 years.

- Better cylinders, same strength but flaccid more soft like the AMS / no more dog ears
- improved/ stronger tubing
- new pump i'm not sure, don't remember fully. But i guess new improved pump too

Could mean an improved implant lifespan. Would be amazing

Lets hope it's true
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

bencavill974

Postby bencavill974 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:32 pm

I have a lifetime guarantee from coloplast.

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:47 pm

Lifetime Coloplast??? What am I missing? When did this come out?
Always thought is was 15 years MAX. And you are lucky if you any more.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Username1

Postby Username1 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:04 pm

My gf suggested auto inflation with a motorized pump would be awesome

I can see it now, out somewhere in public, she pulls up the app and inflates me!
Implanted 5.25.21 Coldplast, 24cm. Dr Tajkarimi.

returntocenter

Postby returntocenter » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:18 pm

indeed wrote:A surgeon told me, coloplast should come out with a new implant in like 5 years.

- Better cylinders, same strength but flaccid more soft like the AMS / no more dog ears
- new pump i'm not sure, don't remember fully. But i guess new improved pump too

Lets hope it's true

Interesting. Was it Clavell or someone else? Do you know if he was just speculating or if there was more behind that?
26 y/o. Physiogenic ED.
Tried pills, injections, shockwave therapy, rings, healthy lifestyle, alternative meds.

Implant T-Shirts: https://www.bionicbrothers.store
ED Discord: https://discord.gg/tdtu7WTa4a
Pump: https://tinyurl.com/57buc55e

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:09 pm

returntocenter wrote:
indeed wrote:A surgeon told me, coloplast should come out with a new implant in like 5 years.
Lets hope it's true

Interesting. Was it Clavell or someone else? Do you know if he was just speculating or if there was more behind that?

I don't think he's saying anything earth shattering. Sounds like Coloplast is coming out with a model to compete with the LGX. That makes sense to me.
Currently, they don't have an implant that serves that part of the market. Logical market expansion.

Return to “Implants”