JOURNAL with Pictures - 50 yr old getting revision and vasectomy on 2/20/23. First implant 26 yrs ago.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
indeed

Re: 50 yr old getting revision and vasectomy on 2/20/23. First implant 26 yrs ago.

Postby indeed » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:09 am

From what i read you should be able to keep your natural bloowflow. If the surgeon does a good job, it should stay the same.
I think you can be hopeful

Good luck!

PowerliftingDad wrote:
1380anthony wrote:Did I read that you get eretions even with the implant? How?

I was getting some engorgement and weak erections before I was implanted.
After I was implanted in 1997...I began to regularly have sex and masturbate....much higher quality erections just developed over time.
Still no where near what I had before my injury...but reasonably usable even with a malfunctioning implant.
I would assume blood flow either developed, was restored or rerouted.

I am praying that I retain as much of my natural erection as possible after my revision surgery tomorrow.
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

1380anthony

Re: 50 yr old getting revision and vasectomy on 2/20/23. First implant 26 yrs ago.

Postby 1380anthony » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:52 pm

indeed wrote:From what i read you should be able to keep your natural bloowflow. If the surgeon does a good job, it should stay the same.

Good luck!

PowerliftingDad wrote:
1380anthony wrote:Did I read that you get eretions even with the implant? How?

I was getting some engorgement and weak erections before I was implanted.
After I was implanted in 1997...I began to regularly have sex and masturbate....much higher quality erections just developed over time.
Still no where near what I had before my injury...but reasonably usable even with a malfunctioning implant.

I am praying that I retain as much of my natural erection as possible after my revision surgery tomorrow.

I know that the the spongiosum gets blood even with implants, but the corpus cavernosum are displayed. I also read some clinical trials preserving the corpus cavernosum when implanting. Interesting story though

indeed

Postby indeed » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:57 pm

Keep in mind, he is already implanted. So they just need to replace thy cylinders in his CC, not dilate it.

Cheers
1380anthony wrote:
indeed wrote:From what i read you should be able to keep your natural bloowflow. If the surgeon does a good job, it should stay the same.

Good luck!

PowerliftingDad wrote:I was getting some engorgement and weak erections before I was implanted.

I know that the the spongiosum gets blood even with implants, but the corpus cavernosum are displayed. I also read some clinical trials preserving the corpus cavernosum when implanting. Interesting story though
30 years old. Suspensory ligament repair with Dr. Ralph March 23.
20cm Titan OTR, no RTEs. Dr. Clavell - May 10, 23.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:40 pm

Inspiring story. I will def be keeping my eyes on this thread.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

PowerliftingDad

Postby PowerliftingDad » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:27 pm

indeed wrote:Keep in mind, he is already implanted. So they just need to replace thy cylinders in his CC, not dilate it.

Cheers
1380anthony wrote:

Good luck!

That is basically what Dr. Levine said. The groudwork is already done and aside from some mild dilation just at the end to better fit me(my first implant was definitely undersized)...the healthy tissue won't be disturbed.
So I am very optimistic (and praying hard) that I will keep the natural engorgement I currently have....and then with a functional implant...I will have to best of both worlds.
50 yrs old - 1st implant at 24 years old in 97 Ams 700. Failed 03
6.5" / 5.5 girth natural erection w/ failed implant
Revision done 2/20/23 done by Dr. Levine Rush University Chicago - AMS 700 CX 21cm + 2cm/1.5 RTE - Currently 6.7" / 5.75 girth

Franklin_F

Postby Franklin_F » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:48 pm

newbie443 wrote:
I read that most infection cases the man brought it into the ER with him. There are germs in skin. I showered and used Hibiclens soap from my chest to my knees. Do not use it one your face. I did a regular shower with dial antibacterial soap and then used the Hibiclens for another cleaning chest to knees. After showering I use alcohol wipes to wipe down my inner thigh's, penis, and testicles. It works great for me to prevent jock rash and dry things out. One doctor uses alcohol prep also. And if you do baths one doctor used to have men add a cup of bleach to the bath water and soak for 30 minutes 3 days before surgery. I don't know how much of this you will have time for. But be as clean as you can going into the hospital. I washed white cotton under ware in bleach and dried on high heat and put them in plastic baggies from the drier to protect them from picking up germs. And I used them the day of surgery and then afterwards until my incision was dry.

Best of luck to you.

This is great information! May I ask how many days did you do the washing procedure pre-op? And also, did you also wash in the morning, prior to going to the hospital? Thanks.
31 yrs old. ED from since puberty due to venous leak. Pills worked for 7-8 years and then stopped. Skipped injections, got implanted on 3.11.2023 with Titan Genesis pump 20cm+1.5cm RTEs by Dr. Levine.

PowerliftingDad

Re: JOURNAL - 50 yr old getting revision and vasectomy on 2/20/23. First implant 26 yrs ago.

Postby PowerliftingDad » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:58 pm

2/20/23

Surgery day is here!
Sitting in holding room at surgery center with Vancomycin and Gentamicin (antibiotics) running.
Just saw the doc and anesthesiologist. Will be going back in 15 mins!
Last edited by PowerliftingDad on Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revision done 2/20/23 done by Dr. Levine Rush University Chicago - AMS 700 CX 21cm + 2cm/1.5 RTE - Currently 6.7" / 5.75 girth

Franklin_F

Re: JOURNAL - 50 yr old getting revision and vasectomy on 2/20/23. First implant 26 yrs ago.

Postby Franklin_F » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:44 pm

PowerliftingDad wrote:2/20/23

Surgery day is here!
Sitting in holding room at surgery centet with Vancomycin and Gentamicin (antibiotics) running.
Just saw the doc and anesthesiologist. Will be going back in 15 mins!

Best of luck to you!
31 yrs old. ED from since puberty due to venous leak. Pills worked for 7-8 years and then stopped. Skipped injections, got implanted on 3.11.2023 with Titan Genesis pump 20cm+1.5cm RTEs by Dr. Levine.

PowerliftingDad

Postby PowerliftingDad » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:20 pm

Out of surgery!
Actually feel pretty great.
The staff was amazing and Dr. Levine is incredible.
I woke up with some nausea for which I was promptly given some Zofran
My initial pain was at a 6. I was given Fentanyl 25mcg which quickly brought it down to a 2. Totally tolerable.
Dr. Levine came into see me and said everything went great.
As expected...my first implant was a poor fit and there was some internal adhesion that has to get dealt wirh.
He said that the blood supply and tissue that are responsible for my remaining natural engorgement was untouched so praying I will still have that once healed.
Because of the extra work that was done I was sent home with a drain which will get removed by him in his office tomorrow.
He also went out and spoke to my wife at length while I was in recovery.
His bedside manor is absolutely fantastic!
Once I was able to urinate a little I was discharged with script for Norco (which I am 99% sure I will not need) and Keflex (antibiotic) Urination has been quite unpleasant. The pain is like 6 out of 10 when urinating.
I honestly feel great. I am well wrapped up with the drain and my legs up laying in bed.
While at rest I have literally no pain. When walking to and from the bathroom my pain is like maybe a 1.5 or 2. Not even enough for a motrin honestly.
This has been a fantastic smooth experience so far!
Last edited by PowerliftingDad on Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franklin_F

Postby Franklin_F » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:31 pm

PowerliftingDad wrote:Out of surgery!
Actually feel pretty great.
The staff was amazing and Dr. Levine is incredible.
I woke up with some nausea for which I was promptly given some Zofran
My initial pain was at a 6. I was given Fentanyl 25mcg which quickly brought it down to a 2. Totally tolerable.
Dr. Levine came into see me and said everything went great.
As expected...my first implant was a poor fit and there was some internal adhesion that has to get dealt wirh.
He said that the blood supply and tissue that are responsible for my remaining natural engorgement we untouched so praying I will still have that once healed.
Because of the extra work that was done I was sent home with a drain which will get removed by him in his office tomorrow.
He also went out and spoke to my wife at length while I was in recovery.
His bedside manor is absolutely fantastic!
Once I was able to urinate a little I was discharged with script for Norco (which I am 99% sure I will not need) and Keflex (antibiotic) Urination has been quite unpleasant. The pain is like 6 out of 10 when urinating.
I honestly feel great. I am well wrapped up with the drain and my legs up laying in bed.
While at rest I have literally no pain. When walking to and from the bathroom my pain is like maybe a 1.5 or 2. Not even enough for a motrin honestly.
This has been a fantastic smooth experience so far!

Very happy to hear that! Hope you have a great recovery! Will be following your journey closely since I have my surgery scheduled with Dr. Levine next month.

Return to “Implants”