Ams 700 lgx malfunction

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Hereshoping

Ams 700 lgx malfunction

Postby Hereshoping » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:29 pm

It appears that they will need to change some parts. As a side note … the cylinder is supposed to be super full and mine can be almost halfway depressed with my fingers. I also can do 4 or so full pumps to bring it to that level and then I can do 25% endlessly. When I “cycle” it actually leaks somehow and becomes smaller.

Has anyone had similar issues? I’m afraid I will have to go back into surgery. The doctor is seeing me this Wednesday but I can’t imagine he can fix this in his office.
40 y/o Ams 700 lgx 21+1. ED as far as I can remember, not very responsive to pills and the trimex injection barely did a thing.
Surgery: 1/10/23
Bone pressed flaccid: 5.5”
Erect Length: unknown yet

Feel free anyone to pm me.

Shadow9494

Re: Ams 700 lgx malfunction

Postby Shadow9494 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:11 pm

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've also got "something" going on, but I'm not sure what - I posted this as a reply under the "cycling issues" post. Maybe it's a matter of time?

"I seem to be having this same issue and would love to know what's going on. Initially I can squeeze about 5 or 6 times before it stops, but then it's like something frees up and I can pump and pump and pump. Sometimes it hardens up again, but then within seconds I can easily give it at least 30 more pumps (I don't usually do more than that out of boredom), but I can continually do it over and over.

The Dr. said everything's fine, but he's also with Kaiser Permanente, so...? I mean, it's only a 65 reservoir, so I don't get it. Have considered calling AMS about it.

Also, didn't notice this was happening until I was cycling one day and I heard 2 pops in succession while inflating. I also hear "gushy" sounds sometimes (like air and liquid mixed). I also have a bit of what looks like edema at the left base of my shaft.

Additionally, I can press my deflate button, then release, and I'm still able to deflate - is that normal?

Just curious if anyone reading has experienced any of these things?"

Anyway, hopefully we'll both have answers soon. If I call or see my Dr. again, I'll reply.

Take care.
54, AMS 700 LGX 12/14/22 15CM + 1RTE. Type 2 Diabetic. ED over 10 yrs. Had Peyronies (45 degree bend down mid-shaft) from using an extender and having vigorous intercourse - Xiaflex fixed. Possible venous leak.

Jage64

Postby Jage64 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:05 pm

I wish you guys the best, having trouble right after the initial surgery is just behind 'infection' on my list of worst cases.

Shadow- I met with my local Kaiser doc about an implant, and although a very nice guy, I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling from him that he was super confident. When he used his gloved hand to pull me out to what he thought the end product would look like, I decided right then and there that I'd go out of pocket for a high volume implanter. Luckily I have the means available to do that.

I truly hope you guys get your issues squared away without further surgeries.
2/22/23 AMS 700 CX 21cm + 1.5cm RTEs. 58 yrs old, wife of 37 yrs. Penoscrotal. 100ml Conceal reservoir. Dr. Clavell. Pills failing and went right to implant, skipped the injections. 12 mos. later: 7 1/2" x 5 3/4"

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:40 am

Shadow9494 wrote:Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've also got "something" going on, but I'm not sure what - I posted this as a reply under the "cycling issues" post. Maybe it's a matter of time?

"I seem to be having this same issue and would love to know what's going on. Initially I can squeeze about 5 or 6 times before it stops, but then it's like something frees up and I can pump and pump and pump. Sometimes it hardens up again, but then within seconds I can easily give it at least 30 more pumps (I don't usually do more than that out of boredom), but I can continually do it over and over.

The Dr. said everything's fine, but he's also with Kaiser Permanente, so...? I mean, it's only a 65 reservoir, so I don't get it. Have considered calling AMS about it.

Also, didn't notice this was happening until I was cycling one day and I heard 2 pops in succession while inflating. I also hear "gushy" sounds sometimes (like air and liquid mixed). I also have a bit of what looks like edema at the left base of my shaft.

Additionally, I can press my deflate button, then release, and I'm still able to deflate - is that normal?

Anyway, hopefully we'll both have answers soon. If I call or see my Dr. again, I'll reply.

Take care.
Hereshoping wrote:It appears that they will need to change some parts. As a side note … the cylinder is supposed to be super full and mine can be almost halfway depressed with my fingers. I also can do 4 or so full pumps to bring it to that level and then I can do 25% endlessly. When I “cycle” it actually leaks somehow and becomes smaller.

Has anyone had similar issues? I’m afraid I will have to go back into surgery. The doctor is seeing me this Wednesday but I can’t imagine he can fix this in his office.

I had a rep assigned to me from BS. The information was in my paperwork. Most likely in my packet that had my keychain pump and DVD and device card(s). Contact your AMS rep. Trust me on this. If you don't have contact info in your packet go to the AMS web site and make a call. It will take a while to get your call through and most likely you will have to leave a message and it will take up to a week to get a call back. These folks have fixes you would not believe. They can get the thing up and running well over the phone. A little time on the phone and a few days wait beats going to a doctor who wants another surgery fee for sure. And if they can't help you no big waste either.

Both of you if you have not called your AMS rep do so tomorrow.

Good luck.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Shadow9494

Postby Shadow9494 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:42 am

Jage64 wrote:I wish you guys the best, having trouble right after the initial surgery is just behind 'infection' on my list of worst cases.

Shadow- I met with my local Kaiser doc about an implant, and although a very nice guy, I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling from him that he was super confident. When he used his gloved hand to pull me out to what he thought the end product would look like, I decided right then and there that I'd go out of pocket for a high volume implanter. Luckily I have the means available to do that.

I truly hope you guys get your issues squared away without further surgeries.

Thanks Jage, much appreciated. Even though the first 3 weeks were rough after surgery, I'd do it again if it meant it was done right. I'm one step closer to speaking to an AMS rep. I'm not sure what they can do, if anything (advice-wise), but it's always worth checking out.
54, AMS 700 LGX 12/14/22 15CM + 1RTE. Type 2 Diabetic. ED over 10 yrs. Had Peyronies (45 degree bend down mid-shaft) from using an extender and having vigorous intercourse - Xiaflex fixed. Possible venous leak.

Shadow9494

Postby Shadow9494 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:44 am

newbie443 wrote:
Shadow9494 wrote:Sorry to hear you're having issues. I've also got "something" going on, but I'm not sure what - I posted this as a reply under the "cycling issues" post. Maybe it's a matter of time?

Take care.
Hereshoping wrote:It appears that they will need to change some parts. As a side note … the cylinder is supposed to be super full and mine can be almost halfway depressed with my fingers. I also can do 4 or so full pumps to bring it to that level and then I can do 25% endlessly. When I “cycle” it actually leaks somehow and becomes smaller.

I had a rep assigned to me from BS. The information was in my paperwork. Most likely in my packet that had my keychain pump and DVD and device card(s). Contact your AMS rep. Trust me on this. If you don't have contact info in your packet go to the AMS web site and make a call. It will take a while to get your call through and most likely you will have to leave a message and it will take up to a week to get a call back. These folks have fixes you would not believe. They can get the thing up and running well over the phone. A little time on the phone and a few days wait beats going to a doctor who wants another surgery fee for sure. And if they can't help you no big waste either.

Both of you if you have not called your AMS rep do so tomorrow.

Good luck.

Thanks so much, newbie. On my list of to-dos. I'll report back here once I have something of substance to report.

Hereshoping

Postby Hereshoping » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:33 am

Thanks for all of the replies guys.

I actually called a week after surgery bc I had a few questions and they got back to me almost immediately after leaving a voicemail. They also hooked me up with someone with a similar implant/age/situation as me. I’m going to call them and I’ll report what they say as well.

Tomorrow is my appointment with the surgeon. Obviously he wants to take a look at it. He thinks I’m pumping wrong or pressing the release at the same time but I’m one handing the bulb so that’s obviously not it.
40 y/o Ams 700 lgx 21+1. ED as far as I can remember, not very responsive to pills and the trimex injection barely did a thing.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:03 pm

Best of luck. Hope doc is able to figure it out and fix it without another surgery.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Hereshoping

Postby Hereshoping » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:49 pm

Update 2/15. I went to my doctors appointment and he said that I wasn’t pumping it enough. He pumped it as much as he could but he said he doesn’t have the dexterity to keep going (he’s a but older.) Before going home I bought a box of latex gloves to get the best grip on the bulb. It did get a little bigger and more girth but I was still always able to depress the bulb for at least 50 pumps.

I made sure to ask him how it is supposed to work. The bulb is supposed to fill the cylinder completely full and you won’t be able to press it even in the slightest.

Is this amount if pumping normal for anyone when first cycling?

Return to “Implants”