Eid is on sick leave

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Nestor

Re: Eid is on sick leave

Postby Nestor » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:25 pm

atul21 wrote:He also advised me to seek appointment from Dr. Billy Cordone in case I can’t wait. He said he fully trust Dr. Billy whom he has trained and taught. He says Dr. Billy does the no touch surgery exactly the way he was taught by Dr. Eid.

Yes I've been following this thread and know your situation.

My thoughts are that I would take Dr. Eid at his word. He knows and trained Dr. Cordone, and said he trusts him.

He could have recommended any of the other top tier surgeons but instead specified someone else... And that someone else also seems to have very good reviews online.

So if you absolutely MUST do this before leaving the country, the risk of Dr. Eid's situation not being resolved in time... Or you having complications later after you scheduled a "just in time" surgery (before you are forced to leave the country)...

For me it's a no-brainer; tough to accept of course, but still a no-brainer... It only comes down to if you wish to not take Dr. Eid's advice and see one of the other competent doctor's who are frequently discussed here. Because there is zero certainty in when Dr. Eid will definitely be able to operate on you.
47; Considering an implant. ED for over a decade. Tested a decade ago for VL, negative. Not hormonal; may be dopamine reward dysfunction.

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:55 pm

I totally agree with Nestor -- based upon Dr. Eid's advice, it could be interpreted that he has trained Dr. Cordone to become his successor. Why not at least contact his office to determine how soon he could do your implant. Just my opinion fwiw.
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:55 pm

Dr Eid has also recommended Dr. Cordone to me on several occasions. I will be continuing my care with him once Dr Eid retires.

Nestor

Postby Nestor » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:59 pm

Thought I posted this but maybe not:

Do any other doctors or PA's work in Dr. Eid's office? (Trying to figure out the likelihood of my consult still happening in mid March, just without Dr. Eid being present)
47; Considering an implant. ED for over a decade. Tested a decade ago for VL, negative. Not hormonal; may be dopamine reward dysfunction.

FMLFML85

Postby FMLFML85 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:02 pm

Nestor wrote:Thought I posted this but maybe not:

Do any other doctors or PA's work in Dr. Eid's office? (Trying to figure out the likelihood of my consult still happening in mid March, just without Dr. Eid being present)

I’ve been to his office 5 times and never seen one. I’m pretty sure it’s just him.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:36 pm

Eid had also recommended that I reach out to Billy Cardone when I had asked Eid who he recommends in case he retires when I need revision. As others have stated he had trained Cardone.

I'm hoping we can add Cardone to the list of top tier surgeons. I've seen maybe 1 or 2 guys on here who had surgery with him, and iirc their results were great. There could be a ton more, but thats just from what I've seen.

The question is - does an almost-Eid patient go with Cardone or go with one of the other top surgeons?

Of important consideration if out of pocket cost with Cardone, distance relative to other top surgeons, insurance coverage.

I hope to see more success stories with Billy. The more top tier options, the better it is more the community.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

crazyjoe

Postby crazyjoe » Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:51 pm

My impression at Eid's office was that he was definitely a one-man show.
He did have another doc in the OR he was actively chatting with but he appeared to be just observing the Master at work...
As to who to go with -- Cordone or one of the better known big docs, well they all strive to achieve the same basic outcome but their methods are nuanced... If you prefer Eid's method, Cordone would seem to be your guy -- doesn't appear to be Eid's clone as yet but may heading toward it.
As always, just my opinion fwiw.
75, used pills, injections -- all lost effectiveness. Titan implanted by Eid in Feb '22.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:36 pm

I could also get an appointment to see Dr. Andrew Kramer at Cape Cod after 2 days. I asked Dr. Eid about his feedback on Dr. Valenzuela to which he responded in positive. He did say that Dr. Robert is a very good surgeon but does not do ‘No-Touch’.

So now I have 2 appointments scheduled with Dr. Kramer and Dr. Valenzuela respectively. I could not get an early appointment with Dr. Billy and Dr. Eid’s office refused to help getting me an early appointment with him. Guess I was expecting a little too much?

Any thoughts about Dr. Andrew Kramer?

Regards,
Atul
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Franklin_F

Postby Franklin_F » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:01 pm

Heard from Dr. Eid's office today that he expects to schedule visits and surgeries in April or May. I'll also need to consider other surgeons I guess...
31 yrs old. ED from since puberty due to venous leak. Pills worked for 7-8 years and then stopped. Skipped injections, got implanted on 3.11.2023 with Titan Genesis pump 20cm+1.5cm RTEs by Dr. Levine.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:14 pm

Several years back Kramer was often mentioned right up there with Eid.

I did talk to Kramer’s office but decided to stay local. The folks I talked to were pleasant enough but I got the impression that they had so many patients that some guy calling from Texas about flying in for surgery was just one more thing they’d have to do. I was looking for specific info—-what tests do you need, where do I send them, how long to get scheduled, could I send my info, get pre-op done here, fly up, consult one day do surgery the next etc etc. I just couldn’t get answers from the staff and talking to the Dr. appeared to be more difficult than an audience with the Pope.

If you look at some of the medical provider review websites it appears that Kramer is well thought of in general, but there are always people who disagree. It seems like a large majority really like him a lot…..but those who do not like him really, truly, actively dislike him.

Appears to be mainly a Titan guy if I remember correctly.

It’s a tough call. If I were in your situation, and could get an appointment, I don’t think I’d have any qualms about Kramer. However, just based on my knowledge from the website and word-of-mouth, if I needed a revision and couldn’t make things work with my original surgeon, I would choose Clavell or Hakky.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”