First appointment for consultation (Eid)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Nestor

First appointment for consultation (Eid)

Postby Nestor » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:49 pm

So for those of you who have seen Dr. Eid - what does he typically do on the first appointment? (For a consultation to determine what to do)

Does he do a doppler? Or inject you to induce an erection... ?
47; Considering an implant. ED for over a decade. Tested a decade ago for VL, negative. Not hormonal; may be dopamine reward dysfunction.

atul21

Re: First appointment for consultation (Eid)

Postby atul21 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:32 pm

I had my first appointment with Dr. Eid on 26-Sep-2022.

I reached a little early which helped me because he has multiple patients coming in at similar times. The staff at Dr. Eid’s office is very friendly and you can expect a smooth dealing with them.

You must have been supplied with a questionnaire already from his office. It is advisable that you fill it up to the best of your knowledge. I did that and handed over the same to his team. Dr. Eid did mention to me that he appreciated that I filled it up.

I also carried my old reports and lab reports. Even though they were from India, Dr. Eid was considerate and looked at them. He understood the problem patiently and does not rush at all. He will show you a presentation and give a feedback of what he thinks about your issue.

In my case, he said that he would like to do a penile doppler study and asked me if I have time to get it done the same day. I agreed and had to wait for about 20 odd minutes before I was taken in. The good part is that he does the Doppler study himself and I was surprised that it was totally pain free (unlike my 2 previous studies which were done in India)

He also concluded that I am a candidate for implant and measure my erection and took a note. Basis your erection he would suggest you the implant type (coloplast titan in my case). But I believe he is an advocate for coloplast so he would do that to majority of his patients. But I had decided to go submissive to him and take his recommendations.

Post this test he will make you wait for about 45 mins to ensure that the erection is gone before he lets you go. This is to rule out priapism. He sees you one last time to ensure you don’t have priapism.

He made me meet a patient of his who had come for his one month follow up and was kind enough to let me in and see the implant in action. I believe he does this to almost all new patients as I have read others also talk about this. This is kind of interesting and important as you actually get to see the implant in action and not just a model of it.

Overall, I would advise to keep time at hand and not rush. Wish you good luck. i have my surgery on 03-Feb and shall post my updates on my journal.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any further queries.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Nestor

Postby Nestor » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:34 pm

Thank you for your extremely detailed response.

I have not yet setup a appointment but may be in the area on a specific date a couple months from now and might try to see if I could get in to see him.

Thanks again!
47; Considering an implant. ED for over a decade. Tested a decade ago for VL, negative. Not hormonal; may be dopamine reward dysfunction.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:23 pm

Nestor wrote:Thank you for your extremely detailed response.

I have not yet setup a appointment but may be in the area on a specific date a couple months from now and might try to see if I could get in to see him.

Thanks again!

Ask any questions you have when you meet with Dr. He does this all day, every day and there is nothing he hasn't been asked, I'm sure. Good Luck
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Franklin_F

Postby Franklin_F » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:57 pm

Had my first virtual appointment with Dr. Eid today, but he was feeling unwell and had to cancel. Hope he gets better soon, can't wait to get this whole ED thing taken care of, and based on what I read from the forum, Dr. Eid seems to be the guy...
31 yrs old. ED from since puberty due to venous leak. Pills worked for 7-8 years and then stopped. Skipped injections, got implanted on 3.11.2023 with Titan Genesis pump 20cm+1.5cm RTEs by Dr. Levine.

Nestor

Postby Nestor » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:22 pm

Actually I just realized... If I'm going to be on a long flight later that night, I don't want to risk something going amiss at 35,000 feet.

I realize that if he clears me to leave his office the risks are exceedingly low, but it's probably not worth that risk... When I can instead just take an Amtrak into the city at a later time should I decide to do so.

atul21

Postby atul21 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:37 pm

I was at Dr. Eid’s clinic today for my pre-op. I did see him for a few mins and he seemed unwell.

I don’t think you need to worry about flying vs Amtrak after your initial consult. The doctor will give you an injection to check for venous leak and also measure you. In majority cases the erection starts to go down after 30-40 mins. Only after confirmation of this they will let you go. I don’t see any issue in flying out after this.
41 yr old from India, Ed since many years
Coloplast Titan 22 cms one touch pump no rte; implanted by Dr. Billy Cordon in Miami on 02-March-2023. Found Dr. Cordon on reco from Dr. Eid after he fell sick.
Happy to help!
My Journal- click here

Return to “Implants”