42 considering implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Gt1956

Re: 42 considering implant

Postby Gt1956 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:01 pm

Stepping back to look at the total picture. I had my gall bladder removed a little over 30 years ago. Laprascoptic surgery was just getting started. The surgery failed due to what I believe was not all the minature tools having been developed. So I was opened up for the conventional surgery. Even now I can get minor twinges of discomfort in the general area. Do I regret the surgery? No, this doesn't compare to the pain that I went through with a huge stone in there.
Now to the old guy advice. I was in my early 30's then. I believe that all surgeries have the potential for lingering side effects. Most surgeons will discuss the common known ones with you. In my case, having a gall bladder so hard that the tool couldn't grasp it to lift it wasn't a known risk.
If/when your surgeon talks to you about potential side effects. Listen carefully, ask questions.
To all of you. Have realistic expectations & good luck.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

sombrero

Postby sombrero » Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:08 pm

I finally decided to go with the implant at age 43 after many years of frustration and varying success with pills and injections. Was definitely the right decision for me as intercourse was not really possible at the point I made the decision. It is not perfect but so much better than what my wife and I were going through before. Would echo the comments about working with a highly experienced surgeon.

Dent4ever

Postby Dent4ever » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:48 pm

Thanks for all your replies, setting realistic expectations and not sugarcoating it. Questions and research is key and deciding if this is the right course for YOU. Hopefully tech and reliability evolves down the line too, but I am scared to death over getting my junk cut into and the recovery def inst a walk in the park from what Ive been reading here mostly.
42 M. Mild peyronies like symptoms for well over a decade. Mostly related to PFS syndrome I believe. Seriously considering an Implant. Trying to mentally accept the situation, Pills barely work and trimix gel doesn't work, tried injections -hated it.

Return to “Implants”