Implant in the UK

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tomtomtom28

Re: Implant in the UK

Postby Tomtomtom28 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:48 pm

Pau1pau1 wrote:Before you have it done on nhs you have to have explored all pills, muse and injections. Then they will put you on the list.
Trouble is the wait between seeing the urologist each time is about 2 months.
Go private and try the others then get your urologist to refer you to Ralph on nhs.

Sorry mate. Do you go see dr Ralph privately then if he finds something then he can inform the nhs ?

Thank you

Pau1pau1

Postby Pau1pau1 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:33 am

No I saw another urologist and went through the process of pills injs , then paid privately £300 to see Ralf , he recommended an implant. He said he could do it privately £13000 or get my oringinal urologist to refer me. That's what I did, hook 6 months of being on nhs list and had it done for nothing.
Works great and a little extra girth .

Tomtomtom28

Postby Tomtomtom28 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:55 am

That’s awesome that is

I’ve not even got a nhs urologist booked

I was hoping I could go private with Ralph and if there is any problem I can go to my dr and say these are my results from a private urologist and he suggest A B C

then the dr can say right we’ll get you on the waiting list

My dr does know I wanted to see a urologist but they messed up appointments last year and I didn’t end up seeing one

Did ralph do any other tests, testosterone, full blood work or any others or does he just do the Doppler.

Thanks for your message

Rebz89

Postby Rebz89 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:52 pm

I'm 4 weeks post op as of yesterday i had roughly a 6 month wait but actually I would have been seen sooner if it not foe the consultants issues with nhs contracts. I was seen at guys in London hope that gives some other options. Works great just shitty care post cop and bad position but hope all sorts itself out in next few week I'm very new after surgery but fucntions well
33 UK NHS patient
AMS 700 23cm implanted 13th Dec 2022.
Type1 diabetic.
Tried pills and injections before finally getting the implant.
Happy to share pictures and story.

Return to “Implants”