THERAPUTIC POST-IMPLANT PUMPING : MORE PAIN MORE GAIN?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bxguy1

THERAPUTIC POST-IMPLANT PUMPING : MORE PAIN MORE GAIN?

Postby Bxguy1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:41 pm

I THOUGHT THIS THREAD COULD BE A COLLECTION OF THERAPUTIC PUMPING METHODS / TECHNIQUES

I've been pumping daily for 3 weeks (30 - 45 mins 1x) and I have found that when pumped to the max max it hurts like hell..I usually save the extra pumps (two handed) for the last 5 minutes of the session and grit my teeth!! I usually take ibuprophin 1 hour before and get into a hot bath to loosen things up and I guess to give the corpora more flexibility to strertch..

Maybe I should hold off on the extra hard pressure and keep it pumped longer to maybe 60 mins?

ALSO- WILL THERE BE A DAY WHEN IT STOPS HURTING??
54 y/o and suffered from organic ED (peyronies) for 10+ yrs. Pills stopped working, injections too painful and VED not for us.
Implanted on May 7, 2013 with 24 cm C/P Titan zero angle by Dr. Eid, NYC.

Dave48003

Re: THERAPUTIC POST-IMPLANT PUMPING : MORE PAIN MORE GAIN?

Postby Dave48003 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:51 am

Bxguy - welcome to FT and to the BBB, the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners! I'm not sure what the pumping recommendations for a Titan are. I know that AMS promotes pumping of the LGX in order to achieve the growth potential that is designed into the LGX. As a guy walking around with an LGX for over 2 years now, I can offer some insight into when it will quit hurting! lol You have a ways to go my friend. There has been some trauma inside your penis, you need to get it to heal and toughen it up a bit. The pumping will achieve that. You will find the pain should gradually diminish with time, but I will still get a bit sensitive after being inflated really hard for an hour or so. Since the Titan doesn't expand for 18 months like the LGX, you may proceed a bit faster. Sny Titan guys around that can add some insight?
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Bishop

Postby Bishop » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:24 am

I am 2 months post op today and I'm inflating daily to gain size: 1 h at least x day.
Yes, it hurts like hell, but I think it's normal and it will decrease slowly, I hope!

Is 1 hour per day enough?
It's better less time with more pumps or more time with less pumps?

venousleak1990born

Postby venousleak1990born » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:11 am

Bishop , Is your erection good enough to having sex after 2 months ? Have you had sexual experience with the implant?
Implanted with Coloplast Genesis MALLEABLE on Jan 2024.
I have had venous leakage.
I didnt like the side effects of PDE5 inhibitors.
So far, I am very happy with the Coloplast Genesis.
I am from Türkiye.

Steven1111

Postby Steven1111 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm 7 weeks out from surgery now and started pumping about 2 weeks ago. I seem to gain about 1/2 an inch both in girth and length, despite the fact that my doc said I wouldn't get any bigger than when he first pumped me up. So I wrote AMS and their rep called me and said that the CX, which is what I have, will expand 18 mm in girth over time. I asked if I had to pump into pain to expand and she said it was a question for my doc, but since he's already said I won't gain anything it seems moot to ask him. So here I am... I'm just assuming that regular pumping for several months will allow it to do that expansion.

My concern and my question is whether or not it's really necessary to pump up till it hurts so much you have to take drugs to deal with the pain. Something about this seems wrong to me and I don't want to have to do it. Is it really required to go beyond normal erection size to gain what expansion the cylinders can attain? I already hurt enough still without purposefully adding to it myself and I wonder if I really need to or if my daily pumping and eventual regular use will get me there in time. Any comments on this?

Thanks for any help.
Cheers,
Steve
64 year old gay man. Brachytherapy Radiation for Prostate Cancer Oct. 2010. Permanent ED Nov. 2012. Failed pills, pumps and injections. Happily implanted with AMS CX May 9th, 2013. Sex Rocks again! Thanks to everyone for such caring support.

angelbob

Postby angelbob » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:09 pm

I am 3 weeks post titan implant today. Saw my surgeon a few days ago. he pumped it up fully but the pain was terrible in the penis as it felt like it was going to explode. He gave me the ok to pump it up & down daily. I tried at home. Pumping up was easy but very painful. I am having a lot of trouble deflating as I try to grab onto the deflating plungers they keep slipping, seem to be at a very bad angle, when I finally get onto them it seems that vessels are in the way that gives me a lot of pain squeezing on. Finally I can get deflated with a lot of trouble after about 15 minutes. Tried this several times with same result. Anyone can give me some advice, it would be well appreciated. The pain is so great when inflated that it totally overcomes any sexual feelings. That's bad but hopefully will get better in time.

Bxguy1

Postby Bxguy1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:01 pm

angelbob wrote:I am 3 weeks post titan implant today. Saw my surgeon a few days ago. he pumped it up fully but the pain was terrible in the penis as it felt like it was going to explode. He gave me the ok to pump it up & down daily. I tried at home. Pumping up was easy but very painful. I am having a lot of trouble deflating as I try to grab onto the deflating plungers they keep slipping, seem to be at a very bad angle, when I finally get onto them it seems that vessels are in the way that gives me a lot of pain squeezing on. Finally I can get deflated with a lot of trouble after about 15 minutes. Tried this several times with same result. Anyone can give me some advice, it would be well appreciated. The pain is so great when inflated that it totally overcomes any sexual feelings. That's bad but hopefully will get better in time.

I started pumping at day 16 and I remember it hurting too but if you stop before that point and keep it inflated a little more day after day you will make more progress. Also, do it in a hot tub or bath to relax everything down there to make things easier. In the hot water your scrotum will be very slack and you can move your nuts out of the way to access the pump. As far as deflation is concerned I found that the pump can turn about 90 degrees each way so use that to give you the best angle. I also have a Titan and when I press both pads at opposite ends of the base there is no click or movement to let you know it's been activated (however if I'm pumped to the max-max it does make a squishy sound when you press the pads as the fluid rushes out!) to deflate so its just steady pressure between your fingers (I use my thumb and middle finger) and squeeze the penis slowly like you are emptying a tube of toothpaste. Practice when you can and it will get easier! Good luck and feel free to pm me if you like!
54 y/o and suffered from organic ED (peyronies) for 10+ yrs. Pills stopped working, injections too painful and VED not for us.
Implanted on May 7, 2013 with 24 cm C/P Titan zero angle by Dr. Eid, NYC.

Dave48003

Postby Dave48003 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:07 pm

I have several comments.

1. The only device that will gain length is the AMS 700LGX. The CX will gain girth (as will the LGX) but not length. I'm not sure about the Titan.

2. It is going to hurt at first. If you think pumping hurts, try shoving it in a tight space!

3. Just like your catching hand would hurt in the spring until you got "toughened up", your penis is the same way after the implant. I'm a tough guy with a high pain tolerance, I went for broke every time. I tried for 30 minutes erect, so I pumped as hard as I thought I could stand it. The last 5 minutes, I pumped until either I couldn't tolerate the pain or I couldn't squeeze any more. I had very little discomfort when I started using it for the real thing. Guys who took it easy, well they get the pain with intercourse.

4. Even if you don't care if it gets bigger, you need to stretch things out and "toughen up" your penis. My glans were the most tender.

Hint: Get some lube and massage your penis and try to get sexually aroused while pumped. The endorphins will help the pain. If you ejaculate, it will feel even better. Quit feeling guilty and go ahead and stroke it for crying out loud!

Dave
Charter member of the Brotherhood of Bionic Boners.
69 YO with a venous leak since puberty, made worse by meds & diabetes. Tried pills, a VED, and injections before my AMS 700LGX was implanted 3-17-2011. A life changing event!

Steven1111

Postby Steven1111 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:21 pm

I'd like to offer a different approach to pumping the implant. It stems from a philosophy that suggests that we treat our most precious body part - our penises - with loving tenderness, rather than macho fortitude. I think the "No Pain/ No Gain" philosophy causes significant damage to the fragile male psyche and ego and I worry about its consequences when applied to our cocks. We need to treat them with love and kindness, not force them to obey...

My approach is to follow something I learned in Yoga for people with damaged backs, like me. The idea is to push yourself to the edge of pain when stretching a body part. You go as far as you can without going into pain and then you back off. The next time you do it you go a little further, the next time further still. Eventually you're stretched out and feeling good, all without pain.

I've been doing this with my cock for the last 2 1/2 weeks, and I've gained 1/4 inch in girth since then and 1/2 an inch in length. I pump till it starts to hurt then I sit and wait a bit. Then I put in a bit more and so on till it's almost too much and I stop pumping for that session and just rest into it. The next time I can do more. I've increased the number of pumps I can do by quite a bit, all without hurting myself. I think this method would work for many men on here who don't want to be in more pain than they already are. And it seems to be working well for me, at least so far. Time will tell I suppose.

As is often said on here, things vary for different people and for some "more pain, more gain" may be the answer. But for others like me with chronic pain conditions who try to never do anything that brings us more pain, there might be better ways. I'm just offering that perspective. I hope it's useful and I mean no offense to anyone who feels differently than I do.

Wishing the best of luck to you in your inflations and expansions. Treat yourself gently...
Cheers,
Steve
64 year old gay man. Brachytherapy Radiation for Prostate Cancer Oct. 2010. Permanent ED Nov. 2012. Failed pills, pumps and injections. Happily implanted with AMS CX May 9th, 2013. Sex Rocks again! Thanks to everyone for such caring support.

rlm1818

Postby rlm1818 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:00 am

Duplicate. Deleted.
Last edited by rlm1818 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22cm Coloplast Titan OTR implanted Feb 2012 by Dr Francois Eid in NYC.
Initial implant experience here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1308

Return to “Implants”