AMS / Titan and orgasm

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: AMS / Titan and orgasm

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:26 am

Fourtytwo00 wrote:Hi mates,

I recently read a survey where 40% is patients didn't recovered orgasm after implanting. While I tend to consider satisfaction rates reported by doctors biased upward, in this case it seems to me a little bit high percentage, perhaps too negative. So I'd like to know how is going in your case and which brand do you have.

Did you recover no/yes/after how much time?

Five years after implant, my orgasmic response time is close to what it was before E.D. It takes me a little longer now, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. On the (now rare) occasions I do not orgasm/ejaculate my girlfriend is more dissappointed than I am.

For the firsst year after implant, my orgasm rate was around 75% during coitus before I was willing to give up stroking. Orgasm during fellatio is still less than 50% unless it has been longer than a week since my last ejaculation.

But I really don't care. During my younger years, my girlfriend would constantly tell me that it did not matter that they did not orgasm. That they enjoyed the pleasuring regardless. Now that I do not orgasm EVERY time, I understand what they meant.

Sex is a process and a jourey, not a destination. Enjoy.

I think the 40% figure from your survey deserves scrutiny. It seems extremely high to me. Is it a total loss of orgasmic ability or a reduction in ability that puts a man in the "not recovering orgasm" category is the first question I would ask.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

vajim1

Postby vajim1 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:23 am

I am sure that figure is way to high. I expect the main reason for males not being able to orgasm would be they could not before being implanted. I have some problem reaching orgasm but after prostate removal and 37 radiation treatments, I feel lucky to be able to most times even if I have to finish by hand or using a vibrator.
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:36 am

Glad to hear that.

Many of the answer come from Titan buddies.
Maybe there's a difference or just chance?

I'm not a big fan of many medical surveys about IPP duration and satisfaction, which I tend to consider biased upward but in this specific case - 40% of patients reporting no orgasm- it seemed to me a preatty negative data. I mean unrealistic.
Broadly speaking I think there's a lack of specific questionnaire addressed to implanted guys. So thank you for keep answering.

on the road of life

Postby on the road of life » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:03 am

Perhaps it would be necessary to see the previous state and not only the result after the implant.

In addition, depending on the surgical procedure that is selected, there is a greater chance of damaging the nerves that produce sensitivity in the penis. In the infrapubic procedure there is more probability of damage, because the nerve aces are closer to the area of the surgical cut, but as some FT colleagues have reported, they have not had problems with this. The penoscrotal is safer in this sense, but it could have a slightly tougher postoperative period (which in my case was not).

I haven't had a chance to try it, I'm in the third week after the operation, but currently the sensitivity of my glans when washing it is very high, (in a good way) I hope it's a good sign
56. Bionic 10/21/2022. Titan 22+2. OTR pump. Penoscrotal.
ED due to Venous Leak, for years compensated, good incoming arterial blood flow to the penis, healthy heart and arteries.
Vacuum pumps
Sildenafil
Interventional Radiology Embolization.
Injections

Fourtytwo00

Postby Fourtytwo00 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:48 am

on the road of life wrote:Perhaps it would be necessary to see the previous state and not only the result after the implant.

In addition, depending on the surgical procedure that is selected, there is a greater chance of damaging the nerves that produce sensitivity in the penis. In the infrapubic procedure there is more probability of damage, because the nerve aces are closer to the area of the surgical cut, but as some FT colleagues have reported, they have not had problems with this. The penoscrotal is safer in this sense, but it could have a slightly tougher postoperative period (which in my case was not).

I haven't had a chance to try it, I'm in the third week after the operation, but currently the sensitivity of my glans when washing it is very high, (in a good way) I hope it's a good sign

I broadly agree. Btw I'd like to get more answers from AMS guys. Up to now only Lost Sheep.

markwal6

Postby markwal6 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:37 pm

Things aren't the same but when it gets close you can ride it for a while which is insane! I've read that 20% are stronger than before and I'm in that %. :D
Implanted June 2022..Ams cx 24cm 2 rt EX

tolergl

Postby tolergl » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:47 am

Little over a year after implant and have problem orgasm during sex. For example last four times I did not orgasm and the sex lasted at least an hour in each case. I can orgasm while masturbating most of the time. Did not have a problem before surgery.

69 years old Surgery April of 21 ed pills and injections did not work Coloplast Titan 2

brianroa7

Postby brianroa7 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:10 pm

8 months here with my Titan. I never had any problem ejaculating before my ED caused by cancer treatment. I’d say 95% of the time I orgasm. When I can’t I think it’s mostly because of the cancer and having High dose radiation as a cure (hopefully) that has caused the issue and not the implant. I love the feeling of my nice hard penis.

I think that now that I make very little semen that there is not as much of a build up that comes with having all the fluid my prostate used to make. I am just thankful I was able to get this implant since my. ED was almost immediate and nothing else helped. Could hardly be more pleased with what the Titan has given me back.

So a lot of the time I think you have to look at what got you to the point of needing the implant that might figure in to your ability to actually get to orgasm/ejaculation.
58, implanted with 22 cm Titan (no RTE's) on April 1, 2022. Complete ED started after High Dose Rate Brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Tried everything else first but nothing worked. Wonderfully supportive wife!

principles

Postby principles » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:52 pm

I'll give my own testimony as well. Sensation and/or orgasm have not changed one bit.
I have fucked/masturbated 3-5x / day for the 2 years my titan lasted me. I plan on continuing my fucking saga as soon as I'm healed from the revision.
Healthy 31y
08/2020 Titan 22+3. Post op was rough. Best sex of my life. Tubing failed after 26 months.
11/2022 Titan 24+2. Infected from Revision.
01/2023 Tactra 23 13mm. Salvage.
08/2023 Titan 20+3. Infected (3 weeks in)
08/2023 Scheduled Tactra Salvage.

cobylinks

Postby cobylinks » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:29 pm

I have sex and orgasm every other day.
I don't cum as much as I use to but still greatly enjoy the feelings.
I think that if we don't continue to orgasm often when we get older we
will lose the ability to achieve a orgasm.
Every other day seems to keep me horny and wanting it more be
it by myself or with the wife.
Received implants 10/4/19 Coloplast 24cm + 1cm RTE
Dr. Brady, Orlando, Fl

Return to “Implants”