What are downsides of not using penile implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
1Roofer

What are downsides of not using penile implant

Postby 1Roofer » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:56 pm

What are the negative aspects of not using the penile implant frequently? I’m trying to gain more longevity & only have sex with natural engorgement, but wonder if there’s a downside of only inflating/deflating once a month.
Implanted by Dr. Hakky on August 6th, 2018 Coloplast 22 cm. Genesis pump failure 8/17/19. Revision 9/10/2019. Genesis pump failed 2/27/2020 while having sex. Second revision scheduled 4/7/2020 with new Titan One Touch pump instead of Genesis

dg_moore

Re: What are downsides of not using penile implant

Postby dg_moore » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:05 pm

I got my Titan in 2008 but never used it (see my signature). I inflated it rarely, only a dozen or so times over 12 years. Two years ago it stopped working (the pump doesn't move any fluid). Since I had never used it, it doesn't matter to me whether it works or not. It's a mechanical device, and mechanical devices fail unpredictably.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:37 pm

I have had my implant for five and a half years now and inflate just about every day, I have had no problems with it and LOVE it!
So don't worry about and enjoy using it, that's what it's made for. :D
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:12 am

1Roofer wrote:What are the negative aspects of not using the penile implant frequently? I’m trying to gain more longevity & only have sex with natural engorgement, but wonder if there’s a downside of only inflating/deflating once a month.

I don't think anyone has a truly accurate answer to that question.
I haven't heard of a study comparing long term reliability and satisfaction of implants for men inflating it often or rarely.
However, speaking from my own experience and using common sense, I'd say two things:

More frequent use leads to higher probability of early failure. This goes for any mechanical device on the planet and should go for an implant as well.
However, there is of course a large portion of random impact, and just because one man is using his implant often, it doesn't mean it will fail within a couple of years.

If I don't inflate my implant to full or close to full inflation for some time, it will not feel as good next time I have sex.
Can't really describe how, but it just feels like not inflating for a week takes me back to a feeling closer to when the implant was new.
Simply feeling it more, as in feeling something artificial in my dick. Which I have of course...
If I inflate frequently, I can just keep full inflation longer without getting that feeling.
That doesn't mean I just pump my dick up for no other reason - I stopped "cycling" years ago.
I normally use it several times every week and normally inflate to max or close to max every time, so I don't need to cycle it.

Adding those to points together, I'd give the following advice (which you should take for what it is - Not an advice from a medical professional, just from a random guy at an internet forum...):
Make sure you use your implant frequently. Inflate at least a couple of times per week.
Don't be afraid to use it often. You got it to enjoy it, not to say no to sex. However, if you use it frequently for sex and/or masturbation, then go easy on the cycling.
No need for it and increases the risk (with unknown probability) for early failure.
I would take that risk for a lot of sex, but not for watching the evening news with an inflated dick.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:31 am

My doctor's recommendation for keeping the implant in good condition is to inflate and deflate every day.

I stick pretty close to inflating and deflating once a day, whether it's for fucking, jerking off, or just to cycle per my doctor's suggestion.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:08 am

Try to use mine at least 2X week. My thought is like any mechanical thing, if it sits idle for too long it might not work when you want it to. I remember a post here some time ago where one company stated an implant should be good for XX number of cycles. Someone did the math and said that would take inflating it 5X a day for 130 years!
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

wolfpacker

Postby wolfpacker » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:44 am

merrix wrote:
1Roofer wrote:What are the negative aspects of not using the penile implant frequently? I’m trying to gain more longevity & only have sex with natural engorgement, but wonder if there’s a downside of only inflating/deflating once a month.

If I don't inflate my implant to full or close to full inflation for some time, it will not feel as good next time I have sex.

I experience this too, if I'm going to have sex later in the day for the first time in a few days or a week, I'll pump up to the max for a bit in the morning to get things stretched out and feeling loose again. Then when sex time comes I don't have to feel like I'm breaking through that tight tissue again
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

guypalmsprings

Postby guypalmsprings » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:45 pm

Negative aspect could be the build-up of scar tissue in the penis such that scar tissue becomes heavy around the uninflated cylinders. Inflation (cycling) for the sake of avoiding scar tissue versus inflation for sex are two different "uses," if you will. Discuss with your doc to clear the air.
Titan 20cm, Dr. Eid 7/15/22. ED before/after RT (2015), EBRT (2016) & ADT (20 mos.). EBRT & improper penile rehab post-treatment left penile/abdominal scarring, arterial blockage & slight hour-glass shape with Peyronie's disease.

Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:00 pm

merrix wrote:

I don't think anyone has a truly accurate answer to that question.
I haven't heard of a study comparing long term reliability and satisfaction of implants for men inflating it often or rarely.
However, speaking from my own experience and using common sense, I'd say two things:

More frequent use leads to higher probability of early failure. This goes for any mechanical device on the planet and should go for an implant as well.
However, there is of course a large portion of random impact, and just because one man is using his implant often, it doesn't mean it will fail within a couple of years.

Can't really describe how, but it just feels like not inflating for a week takes me back to a feeling closer to when the implant was new.
Simply feeling it more, as in feeling something artificial in my dick. Which I have of course...
If I inflate frequently, I can just keep full inflation longer without getting that feeling.
That doesn't mean I just pump my dick up for no other reason - I stopped "cycling" years ago.
I normally use it several times every week and normally inflate to max or close to max every time, so I don't need to cycle it.

Adding those to points together, I'd give the following advice (which you should take for what it is - Not an advice from a medical professional, just from a random guy at an internet forum...):
Make sure you use your implant frequently. Inflate at least a couple of times per week.
Don't be afraid to use it often. You got it to enjoy it, not to say no to sex. However, if you use it frequently for sex and/or masturbation, then go easy on the cycling.
No need for it and increases the risk (with unknown probability) for early failure.
I would take that risk for a lot of sex, but not for watching the evening news with an inflated dick.

Hi merrix. I remember that you described some pump problems in a post before. Is the implant fine now?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:33 pm

I am 80 and can only get a usable erection with VED; however, the constriction band reduces sensitivity such that I can not orgasm. My wife is not that interested in sexual activity but is willing, occasionally, to try to get me to orgasm after I have brought her to orgasm orally but without success.

Is an implant worth the time and effort needed to get it to work properly considering my situation?
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Implants”