how does the reservoir feel?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
tomas1

Re: how does the reservoir feel?

Postby tomas1 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:04 pm

I don't believe that would be a problem although it never happened to me.
I always wished my doc had smaller hands after the fact.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

squirrel

Postby squirrel » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:35 pm

I had the infrapubic method. I have never noticed or felt the reservoir. It was placed inside the same area as the bladder. Only one incision not counting the 2 stitches for the drain.
56 years old
E.D. for 6 years
Testosterone Replacement
Implanted 20 APR 22 AMS 700 LGX

brianroa7

Postby brianroa7 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:43 pm

I asked my wife and she had no idea where the reservoir is so it isn’t noticeable at all. She has certainly had a good look down there!
As far as what works happen if you vomit etc, I would say don’t worry about that at all. Lots of sutures to hold everything together if your surgeon is doing a proper job.
58, implanted with 22 cm Titan (no RTE's) on April 1, 2022. Complete ED started after High Dose Rate Brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Tried everything else first but nothing worked. Wonderfully supportive wife!

Floridaspeedo

Postby Floridaspeedo » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:11 pm

Penoscrotal here. No addl scars,and I don't really feel the reservoir.

Every once in a while I'll feel a little twinge in my abdomen where the reservoir is but that's it other than that it's a non-event
ED survivor 5 years. Tried pills, Gainswave, PRP, Bi-Mix/Tri Mix (worked 50% but very painful for 24 hours after injection.) 55 Gay - Single Titan Coloplast implanted June 1st, 2022, scrotal in Miami by Dr Billy Cordone..,very happy. Zero regrets

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:31 pm

YALL are all lucky, I had double hernia surgery many years ago with mesh in both sides so my surgeon told me he would be placing the resevoir just under the fascia and that it would show. We’ll it shows a bunch! About 3/4” out and about 2-1/2” by 1” oval shaped. He used the 125cc resevoir and only put 78cc of fluid in it so it could flatten out and not show as much. Also was placed directly where my pants(belt) goes so it was very sore for 3-4 weeks. I had more soreness from that than my actual implant. I worried a lot about it at first but Dr assured me it was very tough and after it grows In it wouldn’t move around at all. He was correct after 6 weeks or so I really don’t worry about it at all and have gotten used to the bulge. Thank goodness I’m not a nudist as people would think I have a growth protruding out of me… lol. If or when I have a revision I will go to Clavel in Houston and see if he can put it where it should have been but gir now I’m happy! Loving my implant!!!
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

Return to “Implants”