Implant questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Badspartan

Implant questions

Postby Badspartan » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:24 am

I have an appointment with my doctor next week to get my implant scheduled. I have watched a couple videos from Dr. Clavell, and he does a great job in explaining the difference in the devices and also answering questions. The major questions I have are
1. Which is best to guard against infection
2. If I’m a grower now, how much of a shower will I be with one of the AMS models

Bad spartan 67. ED for years. Tried all the pills and injections, also the pump.
67 years old. ED 10 yrs. Insulin dependent diabetes HBP heart disease. Implanted 11/30/22 AMS CX 18 cm 3 cm rte

newbie443

Re: Implant questions

Postby newbie443 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:45 am

Badspartan wrote:I have an appointment with my doctor next week to get my implant scheduled. I have watched a couple videos from Dr. Clavell, and he does a great job in explaining the difference in the devices and also answering questions. The major questions I have are
2. If I’m a grower now, how much of a shower will I be with one of the AMS models

Bad spartan 67. ED for years. Tried all the pills and injections, also the pump.

The 2 makes are equal for infection risk. I do not have the document saved to link to but when Coloplast came out with the coating on the Titan an antibiotic solution that was use was less effective for preventing infection. That changed some time ago and the new solutions used at surgery have equal effectiveness to the AMS coating.

Difficult to predict outcomes. As the LGX is the softest, the Titan the stiffest, and the CX in between the order of showness would be in relation to stiffness. This being said I add pumps sometimes to my LGX for a bit larger flaccid. Makes it easier to to get out to pee. And for me it feels nice to have a larger flaccid walking around. Nice to be a shower now after being a grower all my life.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:59 pm

Badspartan wrote:I have an appointment with my doctor next week to get my implant scheduled. I have watched a couple videos from Dr. Clavell, and he does a great job in explaining the difference in the devices and also answering questions. The major questions I have are

Congrats on making this decision. It will be a major life changing experience.
As far as infection, they will have you shower with Hibiclens antibacterial soap the day of surgery. Your privates will be swabbed down with hair removal soap and antibiotics. The cylinders are coated with antibiotics now to reduce risk. After surgery it's the basic routine, keep it clean and covered until doc clears you to bathe or use it.
I was a grower before, my Titan made me a shower. It is definitely a bulge in underwear or shorts.
The best thing you've done is find Frank Talk and researched implants. I did not and went into my surgery blind.
Best of luck moving forward.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:26 pm

I think both companies have designed products to help reduce infection. Each device does it in a slightly different way. See what you doctor has to say about it.

Mr Timex

Postby Mr Timex » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:29 am

I’m an immune compromised diabetic that uses catheters 6-7 times a day. Highly susceptible to infections. My doctor choose the LGX for these reasons.
Timex, it takes a licking and keeps on ticking
Lgx Ms Ps 18x10cm
1.5cm Rear Tip Extender
Reservoir 100ml
August 1, 2022
Born in 1950, wife born in 1943
I have a vasculitis autoimmune disease, am diabetic and have heart disease.

Rider1400

Postby Rider1400 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:09 pm

#1 has been answered well. #2 I was definitely a grower with only 2-3”showing most of the time flacid. My max erect was 7” when I was on pills,VED, or Trimix. Now after implant I’m about 5-1/2” flacid and about 6-1/4” fully pumped. My girth was small also and my implanted flacid girth is prob 4-1/2” and fully pumped is 5-3/4”. So a big difference. After 4 months it seems much more normal but at first it seemed very large all the time in its flacid state. It’s all in what you were used to being and the new you. Guys who were showers probably never considered their size as being a problem because that’s all they ever had. It getting used to the new you then it just becomes normal…. Just have a bigger smile on your face and a lot more confidence in the bedroom
58year old ED started mid 40s pills failed after 10 years. Injections works but diminishing results with pain. Implanted 5-22 Baylor,Scott,and White Dallas.Dr Michael Wierschem, infrapubic Coloplast 20cm and 1cm RTE. Going strong and loving it!

SquadCaptain74

Postby SquadCaptain74 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:56 pm

Congrats on your decision to move forward.

A grower here, AMS has helped turn me into a shower (not egregiously).

Infection, as was answered by others, is a RARITY due to advances in materials and procedure protocols. Of course, as with any medical procedure, there is a risk. However, its minimal. Don't be sidelined by NOISE as you can always find more people to accentuate their BAD experiences than the THOUSANDS with great experiences (IMHO)!

PM if you have any questions. Happy to chat.
Northern Virginia
Boston Scientific AMS700 (2020)

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:03 pm

Also a grower, 1 inch to 5.5". PM me, happy to show and tell.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

Return to “Implants”