1 year post-op update

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
BuffaloMaxx

1 year post-op update

Postby BuffaloMaxx » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:54 pm

Hello gents,

I’m about 13 months post-op and wanted to give a (not so) quick update.

I have been exceptionally lucky with my procedure and outcome. It has been a life (saving) altering decision for me, but everything wasn’t silky smooth either. I’m not going to go into my decisions pre-op or the details of my surgery because that is all in my diary on this site here and the link is below.

I’m going to start with the not so good parts first.

- I did lose a little sensation. Oddly, it didn’t happen right away. For the first 6 months I didn’t notice any difference, but then it started to get a little harder to achieve orgasm. What’s odd is that I just get to the edge as fast as I did before, but can’t quite bring myself over as easily. I don’t understand why it wasn’t like that initially, but is now. My worry is that it’s something that will continue to degenerate over time. Anyone else have a similar experience?

- The other not so good news is that the surgery was not the silver bullet to all my problems. My depression and anxiety didn’t immediately dissipate. My confidence and ego did not instantly return to my previous state. My sense of being a man was not fully restored. My marriage didn’t suddenly become blissful. I didn’t l become rich (to be fair, I wasn’t expecting that outcome from surgery).

Some of these took time, but others were not really a result of my impotence as much as I wanted to believe. I only just recently got a handle on my depression/anxiety after finding the right medication after 5+ years of trying every pill possible. My marriage was probably saved not because I had the surgery, but because we talked about having it a year before and that opened up our communication. Having the surgery and being able to be intimate certainly made things easier/better. It’s still a work in progress, but it’s far far better than it was and my outlook is very hopeful.

The positives:

- I didn’t kill myself. I was damn close and if it wasn’t for my kids and the impact it would have had on them I would have done it. No question. I was getting to the point that that was starting to be less of a concern. This actually reared its head again post surgery when I realized this wasn’t the silver bullet. That I was going to have to do work to fix my problems. It’s not even a consideration now.

- I’m having sex. Lots of sex both alone and with my wife. And its good. I never thought it would get to this point and I never imagined it feeling natural. What I was pleasantly surprised about was the difference between just being pumped up vs being aroused. I wasn’t expecting the blood rush to still be there, but it very much gets bigger when the blood starts pumping and it makes everything feel better.

- I don’t feel the implant at all anymore. It completely feels like me.

- I did not lose any length and my girth increased substantially.

- I’m now a ‘shower’ and a ‘grower’. Pre-Op I had the tiniest flaccid penis that was awful in the locker room, but erect quite average at 6”. Now I’m probably 4” flaccid. I don’t know my pre girth, but I’m 6” now and a borderline choade.

- I had mild pyronies before the surgery and it caused me pain when I pumped initially, but over time that went away. At 1 year now I can fully pump to max pain free. It probably took a solid 9 months to reach that point.

- It’s more flexible now than at the start. Sex fully pumped up was somewhat difficult because of how rigid it was. Missionary and cowgirl were fine, but other positions it would ‘flick’ out to easily.

The best advice I can give from my experience is first and foremost find not a good doctor, but an exceptional one. Definitely one who specializes in these surgeries. Second, follow their post-op procedures to a T. It can be hard, but it pays off and will minimize any loss in length.

So overall I’m ecstatic with my decision and I have many folks on here to thank. Without reading the countless diaries of you guys going into great detail, but physical and mental, I never would have taken this step.

Wish you all the best!
~Maxx

Here is my original diary if you want any background:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17574

I randomly did an Reddit AMA if you have any interest in seeing what folks have asked and my responses:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/u ... ame=iossmf
—————————————
52 yr old Newly bionic on 8/6/21 (22cm Titan - Dr. Eid)
10 year progressive performance decline.
Venous leakage + Peyronies
TRT, pills, injections, Acoustic wave, voodoo - no results

HappyAgain

Re: 1 year post-op update

Postby HappyAgain » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:14 pm

Max, you mentioned that your orgasms are almost unachievable now and mention your mental health medication. Many medications used for mental health are Sheraton in uptake inhibitors. That is a side effect of the medication. When I was put on Paxil many years ago, I explained it to my doctor as being able to drive 100 yards down field but never into the end zone. My now ex-wife blamed me for not being attracted to her anymore which wasn’t the case( at the time). I felt like a rock star because I used to be a 3 pump chump and was feeling good with myself but could only orgasm maybe every third time we had sex. I’m not sure if this will help but I thought I’d throw that out there. Search the web for any medications you’re taking and you might find it’s just the meds.

Return to “Implants”