The Stretch Test

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Soon2BeBionic

Re: The Stretch Test

Postby Soon2BeBionic » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:53 pm

I just had my pre-op meeting with Dr Perito and we did the stretch test, which was fine, but I came prepared. I had taken several flaccid and erect pictures to show him in our meeting just in case the stretch wasn’t what I hoped. They also say the general rule of thumb is a stretch test in a hot shower. That should give you a better idea. The good surgeons will pump your dick full of saline right before surgery to determine how big they can go. #1 rule on FT = Find a good surgeon!!!
42 with severe venous leakage. Tried trimix for 3 years. It was great then stopped working. Getting my upgrade on 7.29.22 with Paul Perito. Infrapubic

noot1991

Postby noot1991 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:19 am

Soon2BeBionic wrote:I just had my pre-op meeting with Dr Perito and we did the stretch test, which was fine, but I came prepared. I had taken several flaccid and erect pictures to show him in our meeting just in case the stretch wasn’t what I hoped. They also say the general rule of thumb is a stretch test in a hot shower. That should give you a better idea. The good surgeons will pump your dick full of saline right before surgery to determine how big they can go. #1 rule on FT = Find a good surgeon!!!

Hmm, hadn’t heard about saline injections being used before surgery to measure size. Any other docs besides Perito who are known to do that? It sounds like a good idea for men that are significantly larger when “filled” vs “stretched”.

Something I also don’t see discussed often is how Eid uses spinal instead of general anaesthesia. According to him (and it seems to be true when I looked it up), a spinal completely relaxes everything in the lower body (unwanted erections are apparently even a known complication of spinal anaesthesia), leading to maximal stretchability. I wonder whether that alone might be part of his “secret sauce” to ensure most of his patients don’t lose any size.
Born 1994.
Struggling with ED since 22 years old.
Doppler test (2022) concluded VL (no response at all to 15mcg PGE1).
Currently on 5mg tadalafil daily, and seeing a sexologist to tackle the psychological aspect. Varying results.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:14 pm

I agree that your doc doing a stretch test is a placebo. A very bad placebo at that. After 2 different docs told me I would lose significant length I insisted that my future docs show me exactly what to expect. They both stretched me short then during the actual operation measured me even shorter. The only thing I can say about a pre stretch test is that it might show what your doctor is thinking. If he really tries then perhaps he will during your operation.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

gjmjoe017

Postby gjmjoe017 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:09 pm

A streatch test in my opinion is nothing more than a rough estimate!Untill they get into the procedure they really don’t know what size implant you need!
71 yrs.old married,ED for 7 yrs.Pills for 3 yrs,TriMix for 21/2 yrs.6 1/2 inches flacid,71/4 inches erect,6 inches girth.Coloplast Titan put in 11/13/20,Dr.Bozeman,Arkansas Urology,Little Rock.22cm + 2 RTE.

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:04 am

My doctor did a "stretch test" during my pre-op appointment.

He pulled my flaccid dick out straight and then told me I was going to have a big dick. :lol:

My wife and I figured afterwards that he probably does and says that to every guy to massage our egos.

When he came to see me just before surgery, I asked him how he would determine my size. He told me about the device he would stick inside my dick on the operating table to measure me. And he told me not to worry--he aims to please.

I didn't measure my dick before getting my implant. But, as far as I can tell, my hard on today is just as big as it ever was, even pre-ED.
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

Quester

Postby Quester » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:37 am

With my doctor his intern did a stretch test, it was kind of smaller than my erect state while using CaverJect. This was after that pre-op surgery appointment with him.

I mentioned it to him while doing the “Pre-op huddle”, and he smiled and said it was a ball park figure. That if he did things right and my Peyronies was as mild as it appeared, I should be as big as I always was once I was fully excited. He told me then that unless something doesn’t go the way as planned my glans and other erectile tissue, will still expand. All he is going to do is replace the cavernous with the cylinders.

That once on the table they would induce an erection and then measured inside and out and be as close as possible to that size.

He told me that if I did the aggressive cycling routine he was going to put me on in 18 months to years I’d love the way it looked and functioned.

He’s right I’m now 3 years out, and if anything I’m bigger than I remember in a long time, of course I’ve currently lost 40 pounds, I’m way more active physically, the most important measurement I have is my wife says I seem bigger now.

I do like for the most part like the function and look. Sometimes the bigger deflated size makes me self conscious like when swimming laps in my Speedo, or in my cycling bibs both of which tend to show more of me. Patterns, dark cools, or wearing a jock helps on that one at least to my comfort level.
ED 20 years, Peyroine's Disease diagnosed in 2018, at 57 years I was implanted September 3rd 2019 at the Salt Lake City VA Medical Center, AMS700 CX 21cm + 2cm RTE

seekonk

Postby seekonk » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:24 am

Soon2BeBionic wrote:The good surgeons will pump your dick full of saline right before surgery to determine how big they can go.

What I don't get is that if you have a leak, then how will pumping you full of saline show your real size? Won't it just leak out right away?

Return to “Implants”