Doom & Gloom

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ShouldIwait

Re: Doom & Gloom

Postby ShouldIwait » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:36 pm

sgarza07 wrote:I just turned 34 this past week and I had my implant for a year. Best decision I have made and I would not go back. I had ED for 12 years before getting the implant and my only complaint is not do this sooner.

I've seen that sooo many times on here. That was what made me decide to go bionic! Life is short and I like sex!!
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

sgarza07

Postby sgarza07 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:14 pm

ShouldIwait wrote:
sgarza07 wrote:I just turned 34 this past week and I had my implant for a year. Best decision I have made and I would not go back. I had ED for 12 years before getting the implant and my only complaint is not do this sooner.

I've seen that sooo many times on here. That was what made me decide to go bionic! Life is short and I like sex!!

Indeed!
34 yo, limited hand/finger dexterity. Tried vacuums, pills, TriMix, and Jelqs and nothing works. Implanted with AMS 700CX 21cm, Right 0.5 RTE by Dr. Clavell in Houston, TX on 5/12/21. Frenectomy 5/11/22 by Dr. Clavell.

brianroa7

Postby brianroa7 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:23 pm

That's one of the reasons that I've stayed on the forum after my implant. I'm only 3 months in but the implant is softening up, the crinkles are less prominent, the pain is mostly completely gone and most importantly the sex is now good. I know people have issues with their implants but it seems like the ones who do MOSTLY have other conditions, anatomy, etc. And a very small percentage just have bad luck and bad outcomes. I agree that you need to find a great surgeon. Mine was very upfront about the fact that he wasn't high volume but seemed to be very confident about his outcomes. While I was doing my research I found out that he served in the army doing male urologic reconstructive surgery. I figured that this guy had seen a lot worse in the army than he wouldever see doing an implant.

I had excellent results. Very little pain and to look at me you would hardly know I had surgery except for the skin glue on my balls. I did have some discomfort and a couple of issues with my cylinders poking my glans just a little too hard. Also had, and still have a kink when flaccid, but it improves every day and the more I use it the less it kinks.

I think some people come out of surgery expecting everything to be perfect In a few days. Like most good things you gotta kiss the cook before you get your hand in the cookie jar.

So far everything has gone the way he told me it would when I brought up issues early on. I was particularly going nuts about the bend in my penis to the left right after surgery and really until I started cycling at 4 weeks. He told me that it would start to work itself out once I started cycling pretty aggressively. Sure enough there is no bend when I'm hard and now just a little when I'm not.

I think it's important to stay positive and be willing to work through any issues you might have FIRST with your doctor before you bring up too much stuff on here. Your doctor is the one who knows more about your dick by the time you've had an implant than even you do. Make sure you find a doctor that works with you well and communicates. You've got to be comfortable telling the doctor everything that you want addressed with the surgery and set realistic expectations.

Would I rather have a healthy penis and no implant? Sure, but cancer robbed me of that. Every conservative treatment failed. I didn't have much choice and had to work with the resources I had.

Would I do it again? Absolutely! I'm extremely pleased and only just less than 3 months in. I may have a failure or other problems some day but I'm going to enjoy what I've got as long as I can. My doctor dared me to wear it out. I'm gonna try!
58, implanted with 22 cm Titan (no RTE's) on April 1, 2022. Complete ED started after High Dose Rate Brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Tried everything else first but nothing worked. Wonderfully supportive wife!

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:06 pm

galactic wrote:Hi guys,

I’m at the point of really needing an implant and I’m in my 30s but every time I come on here, I just see so many issues, problems, ‘kinks’, niggles, early failures and so on and so on.

As a treatment modality, one could easily be forgiven for believing this is a sub par approach; one fraught with risk and drawbacks.

Can anyone say otherwise?

I waited until I had become impotent for 2 years before I started to seriously consider my situation. Big mistake. By then I was too desperate to think straight. Imagine being 40 feet under water and not thinking about surfacing until your burning lungs are about to explode. That kind of desperate. My first surgeon was by far the most qualified. But, when he showed me that my erection would be one inch shorter, I came unhinged. Looking back I see that given my circumstances that was a huge mistake. Had I been thinking clearly I would have realized that a working something always trumps a broken nothing. That would have saved me tons of grief, finding even worse doctors and ending up with distal crossover. So if you have ever needed to squeeze your erection to make it in, beware of the trap door right in front of you. I was certain that my problem centered on not having enough good erections. So before work everyday I would masturbate in the shower. Well after about 9 months I could no longer even masturbate. Found out a year later it was venous leakage. My advise is to have a Doppler test done right away. Then let your doctor monitor your disease so that you can get an implant before you go impotent. Waiting too long is not a fun ride. Crash and burn for sure. :shock:
And PS guys come on here mainly because they have implant problems. The other 99 percent never subscribe
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Time2Change

Postby Time2Change » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:47 am

When I first met with my doctor, and he introduced me to the option of an implant to treat my ED, he presented facts about satisfaction rates with me.

He gave me comparisons of satisfaction rates of men and their partners between pills, shots, pumps, and implants. Implants had, by far, the best results.

Since I've fully healed, I've been extremely happy with my implant. Based on how my wife acted when I fucked her good and hard the night before last, I would say she's happy with it, too. ;)
55; ED for 22+ years; Coloplast Titan implant on 10/26/20; Dr. Martin Gross; Happy to share my experiences in private messages

aslanglobal

Postby aslanglobal » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:25 am

I suffered severe ED that basically shut down my social life by 34. I got an implant 9 months ago. It's like living a different reality. Everything is not perfect, but its pretty incredible. I can fuck for as long as I want and never have to worry about all of the different things that caused my ED through the years. I can have a few drinks, be tired, maybe even be a bit depressed, be on propecia to save my hair, and still know I can fuck my gf until she wakes up the neighbors. After a few months, I had regained all length but maybe 1/2-1/4 inch. Now, that gap is more narrow at 10 months out. I use my vaccuum pump regularly as prescribed by doc and it can keep that length where I want it. It was well worth it. I consider myself reborn now at 37. Oh, and I got my girl back that I lost at 34 because I mentally couldn't handle the severe ED and didn't know how to talk to her about it. I shut down because it was "safer" and blew up the relationship. Looking back, I can see how clearly that ED was affecting everything in my life. I was basically sick and Dr. Hakky knew it when he saw me. I think he described me as "a bit lost" when we first met- and he was right.

Not only do I have a great relationship and the best sex of my life, I've had the psychological weight of this lifted, which has freed me to better my career, skills and life goals. I don't like to think about where I would be without this surgery. All I can do is be grateful and open with others. This new life is fire. The difference is indescribable. Find yourself a high volume surgeon with a great reputation, find a way to fund it, and you're gonna thank me in 9 months.

I will have to have this re-done in 9-10 years. So be it. Small price to pay for an extraordinary new reality.

galactic wrote:Hi guys,

I’m at the point of really needing an implant and I’m in my 30s but every time I come on here, I just see so many issues, problems, ‘kinks’, niggles, early failures and so on and so on.

As a treatment modality, one could easily be forgiven for believing this is a sub par approach; one fraught with risk and drawbacks.

Can anyone say otherwise?
37, Implanted 8/10/21. 22 cm Titan, Dr. Tariq Hakky.

DougAnd

Postby DougAnd » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:35 am

Amen to that brother.
LGX 18cm+3cmRTE 8 / 8/18 by Docs Saracino , Prody of FL Disfigured by Implant. Married 31 years, Functionally impotent 2+ years. 4" day of surgery now 7" inflated after VED 6.5" without. Pump moved 12/4/18 by Dr Kata

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:36 pm

aslanglobal wrote:I suffered severe ED that basically shut down my social life by 34. I got an implant 9 months ago. It's like living a different reality. Everything is not perfect, but its pretty incredible. I can fuck for as long as I want and never have to worry about all of the different things that caused my ED through the years. I can have a few drinks, be tired, maybe even be a bit depressed, be on propecia to save my hair, and still know I can fuck my gf until she wakes up the neighbors. After a few months, I had regained all length but maybe 1/2-1/4 inch. Now, that gap is more narrow at 10 months out. I use my vaccuum pump regularly as prescribed by doc and it can keep that length where I want it. It was well worth it. I consider myself reborn now at 37. Oh, and I got my girl back that I lost at 34 because I mentally couldn't handle the severe ED and didn't know how to talk to her about it. I shut down because it was "safer" and blew up the relationship. Looking back, I can see how clearly that ED was affecting everything in my life. I was basically sick and Dr. Hakky knew it when he saw me. I think he described me as "a bit lost" when we first met- and he was right.

Not only do I have a great relationship and the best sex of my life, I've had the psychological weight of this lifted, which has freed me to better my career, skills and life goals. I don't like to think about where I would be without this surgery. All I can do is be grateful and open with others. This new life is fire. The difference is indescribable. Find yourself a high volume surgeon with a great reputation, find a way to fund it, and you're gonna thank me in 9 months.

I will have to have this re-done in 9-10 years. So be it. Small price to pay for an extraordinary new reality.

I got my implant at 27 after 4 years ED. 3 weeks later and I knew I made the right decision. Had the best time of my life after the surgery.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

Return to “Implants”