I’m a bit concerned about my recovery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TB0711

I’m a bit concerned about my recovery

Postby TB0711 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:28 pm

I just my OP for a Titan on the 5th. A couple things is bothering me.

1.Doing these times my scrotum enlarged, as I knew it would as it’s a foreign object in there. I noticed it tend to be on my left side by my left testicle. I also noticed that there’s a bit of coating, for lack of a better word, that makes it a bit hard to pump up and down. It’s like I need the area to be warm for do it with ease. I was just given to go ahead to pump and it’s not that painful until it’s fully erect.

2. The area over my penis (where staples were) is a bit puffy. On the 8th I had the pump with the blood reservoir removed. It was to the point where most of the blood was already drained and at times was barely any to drain. The day of it was bleeding a bit but it healed since then. But like I said the area is a bit puffy, I’m not doctor but seems like it could be fluid built up?

I might have to have a talk with my surgeon. Just want to make sure this is not typical.
30yr, Implanted 04/05/22 w/ Titan by Dr.Taj. ED caused by week-long priapism in 2019.

newbie443

Re: I’m a bit concerned about my recovery

Postby newbie443 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:33 pm

TB0711 wrote:I just my OP for a Titan on the 5th. A couple things is bothering me.

1.Doing these times my scrotum enlarged, as I knew it would as it’s a foreign object in there. I noticed it tend to be on my left side by my left testicle. I also noticed that there’s a bit of coating, for lack of a better word, that makes it a bit hard to pump up and down. It’s like I need the area to be warm for do it with ease. I was just given to go ahead to pump and it’s not that painful until it’s fully erect.

2. The area over my penis (where staples were) is a bit puffy. On the 8th I had the pump with the blood reservoir removed. It was to the point where most of the blood was already drained and at times was barely any to drain. The day of it was bleeding a bit but it healed since then. But like I said the area is a bit puffy, I’m not doctor but seems like it could be fluid built up?

I might have to have a talk with my surgeon. Just want to make sure this is not typical.

That is pretty fast for activation (starting cycling). I was 19 days or just short of 3 weeks. But some do start as early as 3 days. Others wait 8 weeks or more. Early activation has been shown to prevent size loss a bit and there is a paper on this in the general section of this forum under the documents worth reading thread. Look for "Coffin Effect".

Heat is a good thing now. Like a sprained ankle you ice as soon as you can after the injury then after a while switch to heat. The idea is to slow down the swelling and injury part and then later use heat to accelerate healing. Just keep things as clean and dry as you can until the incision is completely healed. After that or when you doctors tells you it is ok for baths you can relax the dry part. I used a heating pad. This will take bit of a wait to heal completely. Think of a knee replacement. You may be up out of bed and doing physical therapy after a while but it will be a long time until you can walk normally for all day. There is a bio film that surrounds the whole device. This will all improve over time. Some have even had the pump attach to a testicle. All cases I have read is that this resolves after some time and at most a trip back to the doctor.

You had a drain to drain blood. Pooling blood is a known cause of infection. Hench some doctors use a drain to help reduce the chance of infection. But some don't and say an additional incision for the drain is also a source for infection. And it sounds like you had infra pubic surgery. Again this is done by some doctors and others do penoscrotal surgery. The scar from the incision for infrapubic is said to be more noticeable. I don't know as I have not had that type of surgery but I have had 4 surgeries through my scrotum and the incisions have just disappeared. I would think that as long as there were no signs of infection you would be good as you are so early in this but as you said a check by your doctor might be best.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

TB0711

Postby TB0711 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:48 pm

newbie443 wrote:You had a drain to drain blood. Pooling blood is a known cause of infection. Hench some doctors use a drain to help reduce the chance of infection. But some don't and say an additional incision for the drain is also a source for infection. And it sounds like you had infra pubic surgery. Again this is done by some doctors and others do penoscrotal surgery. The scar from the incision for infrapubic is said to be more noticeable. I don't know as I have not had that type of surgery but I have had 4 surgeries through my scrotum and the incisions have just disappeared. I would think that as long as there were no signs of infection you would be good as you are so early in this but as you said a check by your doctor might be best.
Thanks for the response. The thing is, with the drain, the pubic area was normal. To add, I had to keep replacing the blood drain tubing spot/hole bandages until it healed.

Ill call his office tomorrow. For people with the infra pubic incisions. Was swelling of the pubic area something that happened to you?
30yr, Implanted 04/05/22 w/ Titan by Dr.Taj. ED caused by week-long priapism in 2019.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:43 am

TB0711 wrote:
newbie443 wrote:You had a drain to drain blood. Pooling blood is a known cause of infection. Hench some doctors use a drain to help reduce the chance of infection. But some don't and say an additional incision for the drain is also a source for infection. And it sounds like you had infra pubic surgery. Again this is done by some doctors and others do penoscrotal surgery. The scar from the incision for infrapubic is said to be more noticeable. I don't know as I have not had that type of surgery but I have had 4 surgeries through my scrotum and the incisions have just disappeared. I would think that as long as there were no signs of infection you would be good as you are so early in this but as you said a check by your doctor might be best.
Thanks for the response. The thing is, with the drain, the pubic area was normal. To add, I had to keep replacing the blood drain tubing spot/hole bandages until it healed.

Ill call his office tomorrow. For people with the infra pubic incisions. Was swelling of the pubic area something that happened to you?

I had a long scrotal incision as I had a scrotoplasty. Past 8 weeks I still had a stitch or 2 that did not dissolve and I removed them myself. I did have some seeping for some time. I did strict wound care with Bacitracin ointment and sterile gauze pads. I had no signs of infection as the seeping was not murky and I had no redness or fever.

The photos I have seen of men who had infra pubic did have a very noticeable scar. There is a thread of pictures of men with implants you might want to search for and take a look at the ones with infra pubic.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

smylie@gmail.com

Postby smylie@gmail.com » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:48 am

You had your surgery on April 5, and are already cycling??? Wowzers.

I had my implant put in on March 28, and am only just now going in for my initial deflation this afternoon.
46 years old, married 20 years. Decades of ED. Tried pills and injections, and didn't work for me. Implanted w/AMS700CX by Dr. John Keizur 3/28/22

Return to “Implants”