Going Bonic!

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
SteveSW

Re: Going Bonic!

Postby SteveSW » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:01 pm

Brian,
What you are doing is a life changer for sure! Wishing you all the best, a speedy, pain free recovery and lots of great sex. See you on the other side, keep us up to date.
Steve
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:55 am

brianroa7 wrote: Just don't look forward to the painful part! I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Congrats and good luck. The enjoyment you will get from it will make what little pain you have, worth it!

I guess I was lucky but had minimal pain.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

vajim1

Postby vajim1 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:35 am

Okay Brian, time to wake up and tell us how you are doing! Jim :D
76 year old fart. Prostate removed Oct. 9, 2017,Psa 30 days after .15 next Psa .2. 37 Radiation treatments for recurrent cancer, 1 year out Psa .033 ZERO ERECTIONS, implanted Sept 5 2019 Dr. Lentz Duke Raleigh N.C. Titan 22cm.

brianroa7

Got My Implant!!

Postby brianroa7 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:52 am

Got my implant yesterday at UVA medical center. All went well. Dr Ortiz and all the staff couldn't have made the experience any better. They did such a good job explaining things and making me comfortable. Obviously there is a little pain, but not as much right now as I expected. Had pretty good night last night. I'll go back Monday to have the drain removed. Thankfully Dr Ortiz removed the catheter at the end of the operation and I was able to pee ok.
This already feels like a game changer. I'm inflated some of course and already I'm impressed with the rigidity of the implant. I know I have a way to go, but already looking forward to activation day.
Thanks for all the well-wishes!
58, implanted with 22 cm Titan (no RTE's) on April 1, 2022. Complete ED started after High Dose Rate Brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Tried everything else first but nothing worked. Wonderfully supportive wife!

SquadCaptain74

Postby SquadCaptain74 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:53 am

brianroa7 wrote:Tomorrow's my Bionic Day! NO April fools jokes here. I will be really relieved to have this behind me. I know that tomorrow is the start of something good. Just don't look forward to the painful part! I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Good luck! Hope you listen closely to the post op and take it easy! Do not get anxious to try it out too soon :-). 2 years here and couldn't be happier with the AMS700! 50 y.o here and wish I'd have explored this option 20 years ago!
Northern Virginia
Boston Scientific AMS700 (2020)

brianroa7

Postby brianroa7 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:06 pm

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I'm going to take it slow and do what the medical team tells me. They've been spot-on so far. Like the doctor said, "Netflix is your friend right now."
58, implanted with 22 cm Titan (no RTE's) on April 1, 2022. Complete ED started after High Dose Rate Brachytherapy for prostate cancer. Tried everything else first but nothing worked. Wonderfully supportive wife!

brianroa7

Postby brianroa7 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:41 pm

Day 3 post op. Went to first follow-up this morning. I'm told I'm healing perfectly well. Drain was removed. Luckily I didn't have a catheter after surgery. My surgeon gave me the choice to remove and run the risk of having to have to catheter put back in place awake if I couldn't pee. Luckily, no problem peeing. The drain was bad enough.
I don't see that a lot of people have a second incision for placement of the reservoir. So far that's been the most painful part. Everything else is doing really well.

Kind of hard to keep my penis straight and pointing at my belly button but the nurse showed me some tricks.

You don't read much about it, but it's weird to hear the squunchy noises when you manipulate things into the right places. I guess that goes away?

SteveSW

Postby SteveSW » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:31 pm

I also had an abdominal incision for reservoir placement. Getting over that was worse than the pain in my dick and balls. None of the pain lasted all that long though. It's all perfect now.
20 years of severe Peyronie's plaque, 90 curve, hinging and ED. Cost me 1.5" L and 1" G.
Implanted 2/18/21, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal. Have gained 3/4". Gay, married, age 68.

brianroa7

Postby brianroa7 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:34 pm

So glad you are doing well. If I had just the one incision I'd be very comfortable right now. My balls are bruising now but there is no swelling and no real pain. Keeping my penis straight and flat against my abdomen pointing at my belly button is the most difficult challenge I'm having right now. Hard to believe I have to keep it like this 3 more weeks +.

SquadCaptain74

Postby SquadCaptain74 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:51 pm

brianroa7 wrote:So glad you are doing well. If I had just the one incision I'd be very comfortable right now. My balls are bruising now but there is no swelling and no real pain. Keeping my penis straight and flat against my abdomen pointing at my belly button is the most difficult challenge I'm having right now. Hard to believe I have to keep it like this 3 more weeks +.

I'm recalling my own post op treatment and man - it is uncomfortable, but if you do everything to the tee, follow all instructions, and put up with the nuances such as wearing a jock and having your junk pointed to the sky, the JUICE is worth the SQUEEZE! You'll have a functional bionic boner that is stronger than an oak tree in no time. Pain free. Hang in there.
Northern Virginia
Boston Scientific AMS700 (2020)

Return to “Implants”