Journal Dr Clavell March 09 2022 - Implant + Vasectomy + Ventral Phalloplasty

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TheCanalGuy

Re: Journal Dr Clavell March 09 2022 - Implant + Vasectomy + Ventral Phalloplasty

Postby TheCanalGuy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:14 am

68CatFan wrote:I just browsed Dr Clavell's website. Anyone happen to know what his infection rate is? He uses the no-touch technique which is good. On the website it just says in an experienced surgeons hands the infection rate is less than 2-3%.

He is very picky with respect to infection prevention, not only he uses the no-touch technique, he is also giving antibiotics before and after the surgery, two different one combined. I overheard a nurse while they were attending me, saying that he is obsessed with prevention of all sort of infections. After all it is in his best interest too for both his image perspective and because in case of infection he has to replace the implant under warranty at no profit for him. Ask him directly but I understand that he is well bellow the national average.
49yo - ED since I was 35 -Oral therapy stopped working- Trimix/Bimix too strong even at the lowest dosage. Now Bionic thanks to Dr. Clavell since March 9 2022. Titan XL 24 cm, no rear tips, trimmed down to 23.5 cm. Reservoir 110ml.

TheCanalGuy

Re: Journal Dr Clavell March 09 2022 - Implant + Vasectomy + Ventral Phalloplasty

Postby TheCanalGuy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:16 am

Tokyo_123 wrote:
68CatFan wrote:I just browsed Dr Clavell's website. Anyone happen to know what his infection rate is? He uses the no-touch technique which is good. On the website it just says in an experienced surgeons hands the infection rate is less than 2-3%.

Also price. Anyone know what he charges for titan implant?

He is in the range of 20k including hospital, however you should ask him directly because each patient is different you may require more or less work to be done.
49yo - ED since I was 35 -Oral therapy stopped working- Trimix/Bimix too strong even at the lowest dosage. Now Bionic thanks to Dr. Clavell since March 9 2022. Titan XL 24 cm, no rear tips, trimmed down to 23.5 cm. Reservoir 110ml.

TheCanalGuy

Postby TheCanalGuy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:05 pm

Update 72 hours post surgery

Things are progressing well, I was able to sleep all the night with no pain, I took 1 prescription painkiller before going to bed and I have enjoyed more than 8 hours sleeping time.

I woke up with mild discomfort that I would call hypersensitivity, the shaft and the glans are hyper sensitive which is somehow expected after a surgery. However everything looks clean, I have no visible hematoma, no black spot, no blue spot, just my natural skin color and no swelling.

I am taking 1 prescription painkiller every 12 hours just for my best comfort and I spend most of the day laying in bed. I have used ice but not too much as I read that ice is very useful just after an accident but not useful at all after many hours. Actually it seems that ice would prevent the natural inflammation that would help the body to recover faster:

https://www.verywellfit.com/when-to-ice-3120707

The conclusion is that ice is useful to limit pain but detrimental to faster recovery.

Edited: NONE of the painkillers prescribed by my surgeon are narcotic, opioid or steroidal and I haven't felt the need to use all of them either.

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:23 pm

I will do this too. ETA: Summer. Definitely. Thanks again.

--Tokyo
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

TheCanalGuy

Postby TheCanalGuy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:02 pm

I am feeling good with no recent usage of painkillers. I'll send a more detailed update in about 12 hours, my 4th day.
Pleased to answer any question in the meantime.

TheCanalGuy

Postby TheCanalGuy » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:50 am

Update 4 days post surgery.

Last night I decided not to take a single painkiller, not even the OTC Tylenol to check if I would feel any pain or discomfort while sleeping. As I was expecting I had 8 hours uninterrupted sleep time without any disturbance, besides the nightly urination routine.
I found that to manage slight discomfort when lying in bed, I just put a pillow between my legs and I rest on a side of my shoulder, either left or right. This will minimize pressure to the big buldge and as a result I feel no discomfort.
Where I still have to figure out how to handle it, is when I am standing, at the beginning, for the first couple of minutes it's fine, but just after the weight of the whole package makes it very uncomfortable and I fell some mild to moderate pain. That's something I hope will improve shortly as I am expecting to travel in 3 days time and I will surely have to stand, walk, sit and move around. With the current level of discomfort and pain when standing, it looks like a difficult task. However I have almost all my prescription painkillers unused so I might consider to have some just for the trip.
Overall everything looks fine or better than expected, no contusion, no hematoma, no excessive swelling, actually close to no swelling at all, no visible suture stitches (they are internal and I don't need to remove them, they will be naturally absorbed), no black or blue stains in my skin, scrotum and pubic area, just a little blue spot on the tip of my glans which is from where they extend the little boy during the surgery with a surgical needle and thread and that was expected.

Nestor

Postby Nestor » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:16 pm

TheCanalGuy wrote: I have trained my penis during the last 3 months using a VED following favorable Dr advice, so I am expecting to squeeze up to the last cm (or inc if you prefer) out of my surgery.

Can you give more details on this? Like what pressure he suggested pumping to, and how many minutes per day?

Thanks!
47; Considering an implant. ED for over a decade. Tested a decade ago for VL, negative. Not hormonal; may be dopamine reward dysfunction.

TheCanalGuy

Postby TheCanalGuy » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:19 pm

Nestor wrote:
TheCanalGuy wrote: I have trained my penis during the last 3 months using a VED following favorable Dr advice, so I am expecting to squeeze up to the last cm (or inc if you prefer) out of my surgery.

Can you give more details on this? Like what pressure he suggested pumping to, and how many minutes per day?

Thanks!

Sure, I bought a sex-shop pump, no medical device at all, no pressure indicator and I roughly followed the instructions from the following medical paper :

https://file.scirp.org/Html/3-1990021_27133.htm

I performed the routine roughly twice per day, not very strict, sometimes I skipped it once, sometimes I didn't perform it for a day or 2.
I used my common sense and body feeling to stretch to the maximum extent that the pump and my penis would allow it, then I held it for 5 to 10 minutes under suction, then I was releasing the suction, paused for 30-60 seconds and started again for a total of between 20 and 30 minutes per session. I started in December and completed the routine the day prior to the surgery as per my surgeon suggestion, for a total of around 3 months routine in total.
Accordingly to the paper using this routine the average cylinder size has been brought from 18cm to 22cm, I was able to get a little more than the average with 23.5cm, so I cannot complain and to me it worked very well.

Tokyo_123

Postby Tokyo_123 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:42 pm

Nestor wrote:Can you give more details on this? Like what pressure he suggested pumping to, and how many minutes per day?

Thanks!

I use the Hydromax Xtreme-7 Wide (just Google it). It's a water based pump, not air pump. Use it around 20 to 30 minutes 5 days a week. Personally love the thing, also prevents shrinkage. Suspect once I get the implant I will have to use it with the safety sleeve. Yes, using it w/ that red bulb is highly, highly recommended.

--Tokyo
Venous Leakage (which I believe caused by my overuse of the Bathmate VED)

Dr. Clavell, August, 2022. Titan One-Touch, 24cm XL cylinders and trimmed off 0.5cm

TheCanalGuy

Postby TheCanalGuy » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:22 am

Quick update: day 4 and half.

I am going to sleep shortly, it is the night between the 4th and 5th day and I don't need any painkiller to sleep. I am just a little concerned when I walk for more of a few minutes, as I feel a growing discomfort that is proportional to the time I spend walking. My concern is that in a little more than 48 hours I will have to travel by plane for around 4 hours and I still have no idea on how to handle the buldge and the potential pain that I will be experiencing by standing and by trasportation.

Return to “Implants”