Airport security experience

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
oaaaak

Re: Airport security experience

Postby oaaaak » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:20 pm

JiminFL wrote:9 flights post-bionic and the scanner has picked it up 8 times. Each time I've told them I'm implanted. 6 pat downs, never a problem beyond that.

Where are you based in?

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:16 pm

I travel regularly to teach in Prague. Never had any issues at all in airports in US or Europe. On occasion it shows up in the big scanner for some reason.

If they ask I just say I have a dick implant and go from there. Usually they just laugh pat me down and go on.

Get the implant and go wherever you want. No more traveling with pills, injection stuff.

Just like old times. Me and my dick and it gets hard when I want to.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Tingbudong

Postby Tingbudong » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:01 pm

I have not traveled with mine yet. Implant surgery on Feb 21. But I will resume work related travel soon. First trip will likely be to India, from TN. I travel quite often for work, or did before Covid made international travel an issue. Hopefully this year I’ll resume fairly regular flights to Mexico, India and possibly next year to China to visit factories. I’m a shoe designer. These days its cowboy and work boots. In all of my travels, I wear an insulin pump and have a continuous glucose monitor that speaks via bluetooth to the pump and displays my blood sugar on my cell phone. Xray machines are generally a no go. I simply say I have medical devices that require a pat down. They pull me to the side, frisk me thoroughly then check my bag in front of me and send me on my way. It does take a tad longer due to my need to wait a bit for the handsy person to come get me but its never been a big deal in any country or domestically where I have traveled. I will continue to do this and nobody will even have a chance to xray my new business end.

People travel every day with any number of implanted or “surface mounted” medical devices, and the security people are used to handling it privately, without creating any undue embarrassment or delays.

HappyAgain

Postby HappyAgain » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:26 pm

I had back surgery 3 months after my titan implant and the GI Surgeon sent me for X-Rays because he wanted to know exactly where the reservoir was. I can tell you that nothing showed up on the X-Rays whatsoever. I’m sure the body scan at the airport is not as strong as the X-Ray machines at the hospital.

oaaaak

Postby oaaaak » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:33 pm

HappyAgain wrote:I had back surgery 3 months after my titan implant and the GI Surgeon sent me for X-Rays because he wanted to know exactly where the reservoir was. I can tell you that nothing showed up on the X-Rays whatsoever. I’m sure the body scan at the airport is not as strong as the X-Ray machines at the hospital.

Metal part will appear in the xray?

JiminFL

Postby JiminFL » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:41 pm

oaaaak wrote:
JiminFL wrote:9 flights post-bionic and the scanner has picked it up 8 times. Each time I've told them I'm implanted. 6 pat downs, never a problem beyond that.

Where are you based in?

Orlando, and it always is detected there. The only scanner thus far that hasn't detected me was in O'Hara.
57yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 4yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

SW0110

Postby SW0110 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:27 pm

Just went through KY to Prague and back. This time nothing showed up. It has shown up before going and coming back at times.

I think it is a machine setting issue. If it does show up it costs me a couple minutes. If you are going through with friends and they overhear you talking about they should know.

The negative is the screen is not real private at some places. I even saw an orange blob in my crotch area on the screen and the agents said to check his crotch.

So private not really.
18 cm plus 1 rte titan installed March 2019. Revision March 2020 by Dr. Andrew Todd, Richmond KY. He replaced the titan with an AMS 700 LGX 18 cm cylinder plus 2 rte for 20 cm total length.

Return to “Implants”