Cycling Pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Confusedjourney

Cycling Pain

Postby Confusedjourney » Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:07 am

I’m sure this is a stupid question but how long is cycling going to be so painful and is sex equally as painful or even more painful? I’m still not 100 percent sure sure I deflate completely although I think I am. Any advice on that? Also, when u squeeze your penis for deflation do u squeeze very hard and where on the penis?

Old Guy

Re: Cycling Pain

Postby Old Guy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:12 am

No question is stupid around here. Unfortunately, all of us have different tolerance for pain/soreness. There are some guys who feel better in a few weeks, some have soreness for months.
My experience was months of pain and soreness, but I'm a slow healer and don't handle antibiotics or pain drugs well. I never knew about cycling as my doc just told me to "Go use it". Found FT at 5 months post. Started cycling at that point but after two months with very little gain I quit. Too late? Not long enough? I don't know. My assumption for the long months of soreness I think was related to the antibiotic impregnated in the cylinders. Since COVID had everything shut down shortly after my surgery never followed up with doc.
When I deflate, I'll wrap a layer of towel over my shaft and gently squeeze from top to bottom while holding the button. Deflating was my biggest issue at first, could not find the button.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Confusedjourney

Postby Confusedjourney » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:00 am

Thx and yes that deflate button is super tricky.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:06 am

This will get better in no time. A recommendation that I got in the beginning was inflate in a hot tub of water. That to help break it in. Best of luck.
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Confusedjourney

Postby Confusedjourney » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:53 am

I did that originally thx.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:52 pm

Heat will help a lot. Not only to relax your tissue and reduce pain, but also helps the device work easier and promotes healing. I used a heating pad plugged in and in my bed. So i could turn it on and warm everything up. A lot easier for me than taking a shower or bath several times a day. You do not have a signature with your information, so I do not know a lot about where you are or what device you have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwp0YfSLxIU

AMS (Boston Scientific) has a user DVD for men who have an AMS device. It is very good and has a lot of information and is well worth the time to watch. It has a real man showing the operation of an implant. Different ways to inflate and how to deflate.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Thisworld

Postby Thisworld » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:25 pm

Hi confusedjourney may I ask what was the original cause of your ED?
Hard flaccid syndrome since 2019. Trying to get better with conservative treatments but an implant is on my radar

Confusedjourney

Postby Confusedjourney » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Honestly there was no real definitive answer to that. Could have been a combo of performance anxiety due the death of my wife/physical problems. I think the original cause may have been more performance anxiety but then I think cholesterol and high bp had its effect, even though neither was really that high and I routinely exercise. Pills worked until they didn’t then shots worked until they caused scar tissue making everything worse. Trimix is a dangerous drug.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:46 pm

For me, the pain with cycling was brief, but I know all men and surgeries are different. I still find that it's easier with heat. I actually bought a hot tub about 2 weeks after surgery and it was very helpful early on. My wife and I still use the hot tub a lot and I still usually inflate when I'm in there as it is still easier to do than without the heat.

The feeling of soreness from pinching the skin was never really bad for me, though I would move the pump around in my sack sometimes to pinch in a different spot. It went away pretty much completely by about 3 months. The overall soreness and swelling in my scrotum was gone in about a month, but I had infrapubic surgery, so there was no incision on my scrotum. I would imagine it takes a little longer for guys with peno-scrotal surgery.

For deflation, I sometimes don't squeeze much at all. My implant drains pretty well all by itself. My doctor taught me the "right" technique for squeezing is to start the squeeze with index finger and thumb just behind the head and then add one finger at a time, moving down the shaft so the last part of the squeeze is at the base of the penis. Sort of like reverse milking. It doesn't take a lot of pressure for me to squeeze the fluid out.

As far as pain for sex, I could go solo at 3 weeks though it was still tender. My doc approved me for sex at 3 weeks but it would not have been comfortable. We waited until 6 weeks, and even then I was a little tender and we had to be somewhat careful. By 2-3 months there was no pain at all.

Hope this info is helpful. The watchword for implants, as ever, is still "patience". It will get better. Best wishes on a quick and full recovery.

Quincy.
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Confusedjourney

Postby Confusedjourney » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:57 pm

That’s very helpful thx, I still do have anxiety about whether or not I’m totally deflated bc it never really gets soft. It goes from the 3 o’clock position to the 51/2 position though, if that makes sense

Return to “Implants”