Tomorrow is Liftoff

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Txagq8

Re: Tomorrow is Liftoff

Postby Txagq8 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:40 pm

Confusedjourney wrote:Also kinda dumb question: we had plans to meet people at a restaurant 4 days after tomorrow, would that be crazy? When can I go shopping or driving?

You know yourself and how well you heal and how quickly you rebound far better than any of us.

I would have had no issue going out to dinner on day 4. I was sore and bruised, but functional.

Other guys are in bed, iced down, and happy from a Percocet. Or moaning for their wife to bring them broth.

It doesn’t mean one is stronger or better, or weaker or worse. Different people’s bodies simply react to the insult of a surgery in different ways.

I think one of my favorite old cliches is “know thyself.” It’s very appropriate after the installation of an implant. I look forward to putting in my next implant more than I do my next colonoscopy. Installing my LGX was about on par with a simple hernia or vasectomy. For a frame of reference, I had a vasectomy at 1 in the afternoon and mowed my lawn (push mower) at 10 the next morning.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

wewokarents

Postby wewokarents » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:48 pm

Confusedjourney wrote:Best of luck to you ViaSwiss

I ordered pizza on day one. Drove to pharmacy and back home on day 2 (milk of magnesia for constipation). Started playing with release button on day 3. Began to pump on day 4. Did NOT stay prone. I watched TV in my recliner and used a "blue ice" bag. Blue Ice never gets solid just jelly like. Be sure to place a towel between whatever type of "ice" you choose to use and your junk. A rolled up towel under your jewels helps too. My incision was penoscrotal. Doc used little stitching and mostly surgical adhesive. Day 2 and later cooked my own meals. Was back at work on day 5.
Good luck!! Keep us update on how you do.
Implant 1/28/2021. Dr Stephen A Johnson. Done at Baylor, Scott and White in Sherman, Texas. TRT since 2005, serious ED from 2004. Used nearly all PDE5 drugs. Injections failed. Started cycling at 1 week. Cycle most days. AMS 700 CX 23cm, 100ml reservoir.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:42 am

Confusedjourney wrote:Should I really get the frozen bags of peas that everyone talks about or just use an ice bag.

I used an ice bag, two actually. Peas can freeze into a clump.
Best luck!
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

Confusedjourney

Postby Confusedjourney » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:29 pm

I’m in bed not in too much pain. The surgery was about 2 hours bc my Dr found concrete like clogging. He said that it looked like it was from an old injury and the root cause of the ED. He was able to skillfully work around it however.

ViaSwiss

Postby ViaSwiss » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:22 pm

Glad it went well. 2 steps forward 1 step back and so on now.
Age 37. Venous Leakage & Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS) since age 18.
Original Implant | June 25, 2021 | 20cm Titan w 1.5cm & 1cm RTEs
Revision | November 16, 2021 | 26cm | Dr. Hakky

Skier123

Postby Skier123 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:14 pm

ViaSwiss wrote:Glad it went well. 2 steps forward 1 step back and so on now.

That is a really good way to put it.

Don't let the first week worry you ... it was a little rough for all of us. Two weeks from now you will feel MUCH better, and will be well on your way to a much better life. Hang in there.
54 yr old single guy
Severe ED for over10 years; diagnosed with peyrones and venous leak
Implanted 12/23/19, Dr. Laurence Levine
Coloplast Titan w/ Genesis pump

Confusedjourney

Postby Confusedjourney » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:59 am

Those are very motivating words thx

Confusedjourney

First pump

Postby Confusedjourney » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:27 pm

Day 3: So I inflated somewhat and I think I deflated it all , I’m not sure bc the “new flaccid” looks a little hard. The problem is that it seems like the deflate button may have spun around where I need two hands to use it. I’m afraid to keep going bc I’m afraid I won’t be able to deflate. Am I going to need revision therapy to turn button?
Last edited by Confusedjourney on Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lost Sheep

Re: First pump

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:35 pm

Confusedjourney wrote:Day 3: So I inflated somewhat and I think I deflated it all , I’m not sure bc the “new flaccidooks a little hard. The problem is that it seems like the deflate button may have spun around where I need two hands to use it. I’m afraid to keep going bc I’m afraid I won’t be able to deflate. Am I going to need revision therapy to turn button?

"Am I going to need revision therapy to turn button?" I doubt it. It takes practice over a bit of time to figure out hand positions and inflation/deflation techniques. Experiment around with left hand, right hand, holding the base of your penis steady, holding the valve body steady, etc. Also, before scar tissue fully forms, moving the valve/pump/bulb around is possible if you do it consistently.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Confusedjourney

Postby Confusedjourney » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:51 pm

I called the Dr I’m going to see him Monday I’m just not sure if I should inflate bc I’m not sure if the deflate button is accessible

Return to “Implants”