Reservoir Completely Empty

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dhiker99

Reservoir Completely Empty

Postby dhiker99 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Had a Coloplast Titan implanted in April 2021. Its fully functional and working well enough and almost entirely pain free. The only (minor) complaint I have is that I can fill my implant only up to the point at which the pump bulb no longer fills with fluid from the reservoir even though I have not yet reached the "rock hard" state described by many on this web site. My surgeon indicated that because I have a flat abdomen he had to implant the reservoir under the muscles. Does anyone know if there's a septum or other means that would allow a few milliliters of additional fluid to be added to the reservoir by injection (like in a drug pump) without surgery?
Implanted 4/22/21, Coloplast Titan

tomas1

Re: Reservoir Completely Empty

Postby tomas1 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:23 pm

I'm sick of always hearing the excuses surgeons make for screwups.
Naturally, most everyone will disagree with me, but what kind of reason is it for not putting enough saline in the system? I'm sure (hopefully) another surgeon will do a minor procedure to fill the system
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Yep. No surgeon is perfect and even the best make mistakes. It just happens. The difference is what the doctor does when these things happen. Some treat the patient very badly.

As far as I know the only way to put fluid in is to open you up again. The tube going to the reservoir will need to be clamped in 2 places and cut. Then fluid added to the reservoir. Then the 2 ends of the tube reconnected. Pretty easy fix as I am sure you can feel the tube. Most likely like a vasectomy for recovery. No need to remove cylinders, pump, or reservoir unless there is another problem.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

dhiker99

Postby dhiker99 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:12 pm

Thanks for the input. Wouldn’t say it’s a surgeon screw up, works fine like it is. Just limits any “growth” potential. I’ll just go with it like it is then
Implanted 4/22/21, Coloplast Titan

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:18 pm

dhiker99 wrote:Thanks for the input. Wouldn’t say it’s a surgeon screw up, works fine like it is. Just limits any “growth” potential. I’ll just go with it like it is then

If the erection you get fully pumped is equal to or slightly more rigid than the best erections of your youth, then you have little to gain by adding more fluid. If not, you might want to look into it, if for no other reason than to let the manufacturer and your surgeon (and any payer for the procedure) know there is an issue.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:55 pm

I go completely flat when I squeeze deflate. My reservoir is only 65ml and takes 35-40 pumps to hit rock hard. Pump bulb is hard when squeezed quickly. If I press the pump bulb slowly the bulb will go flat. That is a relief valve. Are you sure you are operating the pump properly? Did your doc pump you up to examine the problem?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:54 am

I had the same problem and asked why they didn't out more fluid in the reservoir and told that if they put more than is recommended they could lose their license for malpractice. Each implant has limits of how much fluid can be used. That's what I was told. He said I had the maximum amout that he could use. I feel like I could get more stretch on the implant if there were more
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:14 pm

Masonjames wrote:I had the same problem and asked why they didn't out more fluid in the reservoir and told that if they put more than is recommended they could lose their license for malpractice. Each implant has limits of how much fluid can be used. That's what I was told. He said I had the maximum amout that he could use. I feel like I could get more stretch on the implant if there were more

I call bs on that. If the volume of saline was so darned critical the whole works would come prefilled & sealed. Even the method that I've seen in YouTube videos. I could hardly call it a precise measurement. In my opinion, you got the "go away" story.
A better explanation is that the implant maker knows how much saline their product needs. Thus the instructions give that info. He can't measure very well.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:03 pm

Ummm...how do you know you need more fluid? Or need?
I can understand the rock hard state, but that is about it....
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:48 pm

You can call BS all you want, I know what I'm talking about. I'm not the only guy to experience this.
Having said that I refuse to get into an online dispute with anyone here. This is a support site and to many times arguments develop over things that shouldn't be divisive
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

Return to “Implants”