Where do I start?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
CutlassCat

Where do I start?

Postby CutlassCat » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Pills are no longer effective, so it’s on to the implant. It’ll be a while before I can get it done, so I’m just trying to collect all the information right now that I can.

How do I find a surgeon? When I look online, it mentions doctors nearby, but then I don’t see anything that suggests that they actually do implants. Is there a database of surgeons or am I going to have to call around?

Do all of the surgeons do both types of implants? I’m thinking about getting a semirigid one. Someone urged me to go for inflatable, but I don’t think that I have it in me to squeeze between my balls.

Is there anything else that I should know before getting surgery?

silver daddy 1960

Re: Where do I start?

Postby silver daddy 1960 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:53 pm

Hi CutlassCat,

Well your in the right place! Read, read and read, there are lots of good discussions and journals that will help you. please add a little bio to the bottom of your post (found in the upper right, click on your name then drop down and hit profile), where are you as it relates to Dr's, your age, why do you feel a need to go Bionic. Don't count the pump out, its not a big deal really. As you gain knowledge maybe there is someone near you who is will to demonstrate (show and tell), it really is helpful.

Silver Daddy
63 yrs old, NYC, DR. Eid Titan Coloplast Dec 10, 2021

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:56 pm

I wouldn't rule out injections, but if you're reluctant to squeeze through the skin of your balls, You probably won't do that.

Do you see a urologist? I think many do if they work for a larger office.
I used one from my office and he did a very good job.

Kidding aside, there is no pain when you squeeze the pump bulb through the scrotum skin.
Pleas don't go semi-rigid or isn't that always rigid?

Read lots of posts and journals and you'll be more familiar with the process.
Good luck
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:58 pm

Good point about knowing the OP's location.
Someone probably has knowledge of most areas.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

AussiePete

Postby AussiePete » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:59 pm

You've come to the right place to ask questions... There is a wealth of knowledge here and I'm sure you'll find plenty of recommendations for surgeons in your area.
Don't discount the inflatable implant, squeezing the pump isn't a problem.
If you are up for it I'm also sure that you could find someone in your area for a Show and Tell or even just a chat over the phone.
Good luck with your journey to a working cock. I love mine, one of the best decisions I've made for myself.
Rgds, Pete
RP 2001, Radiation. Pills, Caverject, Tri-mix Injections all useless. Implanted 2016 AMS 700 LGX 15cm +3 RTE. Happy with the results. Better than having a limp dick.
Married 40+ yrs.
Up for show and tell here in Perth, AU.

Backingame

Postby Backingame » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:39 pm

CutlassCat,
You need to have a good discussion with your urologist. He/she could refer you to a surgeon/urologist that does implants. He may do them, hear him out, but a good surgeon will always offer alternatives and tell you to seek other opinions. That said, if pills are not working, you should try injections. Use that until that doesn't work for you, then seek implant. Implant is last resort. Not that they are bad, but once done, no turning back. It's time to get real and not be squeamish about this, injections are not that bad, hell if your willing to have an operation, a little needle in your dick is nothing...I had to use bimix, trimix caused pain. Had 2 hour erections, marathon sex is great, if your wife is willing! Used it for 2 yrs, but started causing hard nodules, scar tissue to develop. Now 2.5 months out from implant, using it everyday, still some pain, but getting better. Good luck
57yo, prostate cx @ 54, RP, nerve sparing, ED persist, bimix great, but caused scaring, 7/21 Titan 22cm,2 RTE. 7"x6.5" natural, now 6.5"x5.25"

sweaterfan

Postby sweaterfan » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:02 am

Injections seem to work for many, but I developed Peyronies shortly after starting alprostadil injections so now I have to deal with that. On top of that I must have a venous leak because even with the injections I can't keep an erection for more than 5 minutes at a time and now (about a year later) my erections are softer than before. I would suggest getting a penile doppler ultrasound prior to injections to ensure that they will work.
Born 1956, TRT, Peyronies (no improvement after 1 cycle of Xiaflex so discontinued), using alprostadil but have possible VL. Considering an implant. Aquablation for BPH Nov 2 2020, TURP 6/14/2021.

Return to “Implants”