tubing is protuding

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
subhash

tubing is protuding

Postby subhash » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:06 pm

I was implanted on the 1st of Sept. Everything till now has gone perfect. No pain, minimal swelling, very fast recovery. Too good to be true!
The only issue I am facing is that on the RHS the tubing seems to be protuding for about an inch. There is no pain but the penis in the faccid state becomes bent due to the pressure of this protusion.
My surgeon says it would look less pronounced as time goes by. This was not there in the initial days following the surgery.

Shd I be worried? Has anybody else faced a similar issue?
Implanted AMS 700 LGX 15 + 4 RTE penoscrotal incision, 65 cc reservoir ;

oldbeek

Re: tubing is protuding

Postby oldbeek » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:57 pm

Scrotal incision or pubic approach?
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

subhash

Postby subhash » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:05 am

scrotal ..thanks

Leebert

Postby Leebert » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:45 am

I was implanted a day after you, congrats. I have that on rt side as well. I was told to keep pulling down on the pump and yes i was concerned! I pull on it in a hot shower and finally it came down, the tube straightened out. It will find a different way to bend in your sac over time, the two tubes on the left are tight against the tube body at base of dic and i think that also will loosen over time, im hoping! When i sit down the sac and tube are pushed up, normal, you can see the tube again on rt side. When my sac is warm it stays down, but when cold it raises it up. Im not to concerned as my pump tilts to the left nut but doesn't bother nut too often unless I sit on it. It should be getting softened up by now, mine has. Got 2 1/2 weeks to lift off with uro, cant wait to see what it looks like! Im a fine one to say this, but patients! We'll be raising the barn roof soon.
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

subhash

Postby subhash » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:33 am

Leebert wrote:I was implanted a day after you, congrats. I have that on rt side as well. I was told to keep pulling down on the pump and yes i was concerned! I pull on it in a hot shower and finally it came down, the tube straightened out. It will find a different way to bend in your sac over time, the two tubes on the left are tight against the tube body at base of dic and i think that also will loosen over time, im hoping! When i sit down the sac and tube are pushed up, normal, you can see the tube again on rt side. When my sac is warm it stays down, but when cold it raises it up. Im not to concerned as my pump tilts to the left nut but doesn't bother nut too often unless I sit on it. It should be getting softened up by now, mine has. Got 2 1/2 weeks to lift off with uro, cant wait to see what it looks like! Im a fine one to say this, but patients! We'll be raising the barn roof soon.

thanks a lot...shd i too pull the pump down.. I am scared I might harm my new friend if I do.

Leebert

Postby Leebert » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:47 am

Ask your uro, but i was told to gently pull down and hold it there for a few minutes or as long as you can take and eventually it should rest in the bottom of the sac .depending on your circumstances you should consult uro if its ok. They put it in and know what you can or cant do. Mine came down, but when i sit it pushes it back up and when i stand again it drops. Dont tug hard on it, its still new.
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

Return to “Implants”