Zephyr auto inflate advice

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jonarr

Zephyr auto inflate advice

Postby Jonarr » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:43 pm

Hi guys I’m 2 weeks post implant and have just got back from the doctors office. The first bit of news is I’ve found out I’m the proud owner of a Zephyr (probably a bit cheaper than the established brands but that’s the NHS for you). It’s made in Switzerland so I’m hoping they’re as good with penile implants as watches but that remains to be seen. The doctor says my new friend appears to be working fine, the problem is it was left inflated for the first two weeks and he thinks I may have had a blood clot around the reservoir and the space this sits in in my abdomen has formed a pocket around it. Consequently after deflating in starts to push some fluid back into the tubes so I return to partial inflation. He’s instructed me to keep deflating it a few times a day and over time says things will most likely loosen up and the pocket will grow in my abdomen to fit the reservoir so the auto inflation will stop. If that doesn’t happen he says I may need a simple surgery to correct it. Anyone here had this experience of got any views? Thanks
Implant 10 August 2021
Age 56
North Yorkshire UK
NHS patient
Zephyr implant

wewokarents

Re: Zephyr auto inflate advice

Postby wewokarents » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:54 pm

Jonarr wrote:Hi guys I’m 2 weeks post implant and have just got back from the doctors office. The first bit of news is I’ve found out I’m the proud owner of a Zephyr (probably a bit cheaper than the established brands but that’s the NHS for you). It’s made in Switzerland so I’m hoping they’re as good with penile implants as watches but that remains to be seen. The doctor says my new friend appears to be working fine, the problem is it was left inflated for the first two weeks and he thinks I may have had a blood clot around the reservoir and the space this sits in in my abdomen has formed a pocket around it. Consequently after deflating in starts to push some fluid back into the tubes so I return to partial inflation. He’s instructed me to keep deflating it a few times a day and over time says things will most likely loosen up and the pocket will grow in my abdomen to fit the reservoir so the auto inflation will stop. If that doesn’t happen he says I may need a simple surgery to correct it. Anyone here had this experience of got any views? Thanks

It happens even with AMS. I deflate a couple of times a day. It used to be more but it all needs a good break in period to function properly. Don't overthink it. Even if you have to deflate twice a day for a dick that works.....better than a floppy unusable dick.
Implant 1/28/2021. Dr Stephen A Johnson. Done at Baylor, Scott and White in Sherman, Texas. TRT since 2005, serious ED from 2004. Used nearly all PDE5 drugs. Injections failed. Started cycling at 1 week. Cycle most days. AMS 700 CX 23cm, 100ml reservoir.

Jonarr

Re: Zephyr auto inflate advice

Postby Jonarr » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:49 am

Thanks for the feedback - I definitely agree about the trade off
Implant 10 August 2021
Age 56
North Yorkshire UK
NHS patient
Zephyr implant

Return to “Implants”