Who’s penis is this?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
scanfie

Who’s penis is this?

Postby scanfie » Tue May 11, 2021 11:55 am

Who’s penis is this? It’s not the one I came in with. I know it’s right here where mine has always been, but this one is not mine. It’s foreign. It feels like a Frankenstein part fused to my body.

I reached the crossroads of decision. Keep the worsening erectile problems I had or get the implant with all it promised. Surgery can be a risk, but it wasn’t a difficult decision.

When I woke in the hospital bed from my implant surgery in January, I lifted the sheet to find the head of a penis in the center of a four-inch wheel of gauze. My catheter looked like a fuse sticking out of the middle. My legs were frog braced with large blocks of foam rubber shapes. “It looks like a wiener wrap” my wife observed.

Was it erect? Was it flaccid? It looked a little short but in all of this wrapping, who could tell? Whatever it was, it was there on full public display. Doctors, nurses, assistants, technicians, students, and more filed by one after another to have a look, one young lady poked it with her finger.

I reached down to touch it myself, giving it a pinch. This was not my penis – this was solid! Were they sending me home with a firmer erection than I’d had in years? Mine could get firm, but not like this. And lately, if it did firm up, it was likely to fade quickly.

I just now passed the 100 days from surgery mark. It feels good again to appreciate the pressure and weight of a full erection. And this one comes with the confidence that no matter any distraction or delay between full-on and fully in, no matter any arousal killing thoughts carelessly mentioned in our pillow talk (“I should go see mom later”), the erection pays no attention. It will not fade until I push the button.

I’m getting better at peeing. That first six weeks after the surgery was the worst. I contacted my surgeon to tell him it was difficult to pee with an erection. “Was this a full erection?” I asked. He said it was about 30%. I hoped he meant the length!

To pee, I had to hunker over the toilet pushing the erection down or stand back from the toilet and try to get the arc just right. Neither process ended well, overshooting or undershooting (I’m kidding about peeing an arc). I could milk and shake my old penis and be done. This one doesn’t work like that, it feels like it has metal parts in it. I did learn the squeeze up from below and behind the scrotum trick – that usually clears a final, reluctant, uncontrolled stream of pee, but can be messy.

This new penis will never shrink as small or be as soft as my old one. I never realized how convenient it was when it would shrink to near-nothingness or lay subtly to one side in my underwear. Deflated, this one it’s not much smaller or softer than inflated and there is no laying to the side. It frequently wants to catch and pull on my underwear, so I’m trying a new style with a little more pouch room.

My penis lost a little length to prostate surgery years ago. Lately, my erections had been failing due to the radiation treatments after the prostate cancer returned seven years later. I lost a little more length to the implant surgery. I was also dealing with Peyronies. It was all very frustrating. My implant surgeon assured me he did his best to maintain what length I had. I’ve been cycling twice daily since the six-week healing period. In three months, I have noticed a slight recovery in length.

Shortly after the implant surgery, my genitals looked like those of a fatal burn victim. The following six weeks with a firm erection, but without sex was torture. Peeing into the toilet (start to finish) is still challenging, the protruding flaccid penis is awkward, and when I slide over next to my wife in bed and my penis touches her, she says it feels like an ice cube. But when I’m in her, with a straight, solid erection that will not fail, I can’t describe, but many of you know how absolutely satisfying that is.
Rejoicing in the wife of my youth (the one that got away) since 1973, delighting in her breasts, intoxicated always in her love (Proverbs 5:18-19). Prostate surgery 2011, Stem Cell Transplant 2013, Radiation 2018, AMS 700 Cx 18cm & 2.0 Cm RTE 2021.

Blah1109

Re: Who’s penis is this?

Postby Blah1109 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm

scanfie wrote:Who’s penis is this? It’s not the one I came in with. I know it’s right here where mine has always been, but this one is not mine. It’s foreign. It feels like a Frankenstein part fused to my body.

I reached the crossroads of decision. Keep the worsening erectile problems I had or get the implant with all it promised. Surgery can be a risk, but it wasn’t a difficult decision.

When I woke in the hospital bed from my implant surgery in January, I lifted the sheet to find the head of a penis in the center of a four-inch wheel of gauze. My catheter looked like a fuse sticking out of the middle. My legs were frog braced with large blocks of foam rubber shapes. “It looks like a wiener wrap” my wife observed.

Was it erect? Was it flaccid? It looked a little short but in all of this wrapping, who could tell? Whatever it was, it was there on full public display. Doctors, nurses, assistants, technicians, students, and more filed by one after another to have a look, one young lady poked it with her finger.

I reached down to touch it myself, giving it a pinch. This was not my penis – this was solid! Were they sending me home with a firmer erection than I’d had in years? Mine could get firm, but not like this. And lately, if it did firm up, it was likely to fade quickly.

I just now passed the 100 days from surgery mark. It feels good again to appreciate the pressure and weight of a full erection. And this one comes with the confidence that no matter any distraction or delay between full-on and fully in, no matter any arousal killing thoughts carelessly mentioned in our pillow talk (“I should go see mom later”), the erection pays no attention. It will not fade until I push the button.

I’m getting better at peeing. That first six weeks after the surgery was the worst. I contacted my surgeon to tell him it was difficult to pee with an erection. “Was this a full erection?” I asked. He said it was about 30%. I hoped he meant the length!

To pee, I had to hunker over the toilet pushing the erection down or stand back from the toilet and try to get the arc just right. Neither process ended well, overshooting or undershooting (I’m kidding about peeing an arc). I could milk and shake my old penis and be done. This one doesn’t work like that, it feels like it has metal parts in it. I did learn the squeeze up from below and behind the scrotum trick – that usually clears a final, reluctant, uncontrolled stream of pee, but can be messy.

This new penis will never shrink as small or be as soft as my old one. I never realized how convenient it was when it would shrink to near-nothingness or lay subtly to one side in my underwear. Deflated, this one it’s not much smaller or softer than inflated and there is no laying to the side. It frequently wants to catch and pull on my underwear, so I’m trying a new style with a little more pouch room.

My penis lost a little length to prostate surgery years ago. Lately, my erections had been failing due to the radiation treatments after the prostate cancer returned seven years later. I lost a little more length to the implant surgery. I was also dealing with Peyronies. It was all very frustrating. My implant surgeon assured me he did his best to maintain what length I had. I’ve been cycling twice daily since the six-week healing period. In three months, I have noticed a slight recovery in length.

Shortly after the implant surgery, my genitals looked like those of a fatal burn victim. The following six weeks with a firm erection, but without sex was torture. Peeing into the toilet (start to finish) is still challenging, the protruding flaccid penis is awkward, and when I slide over next to my wife in bed and my penis touches her, she says it feels like an ice cube. But when I’m in her, with a straight, solid erection that will not fail, I can’t describe, but many of you know how absolutely satisfying that is.

Reading this got me even more excited to get my procedure done which will be next Friday I am getting nervous ass hell since I won't know the outcome or if it will work or not or anything it's scary haha

Lunatech

Postby Lunatech » Tue May 11, 2021 1:37 pm

scanfie wrote:Who’s penis is this? It’s not the one I came in with. I know it’s right here where mine has always been, but this one is not mine. It’s foreign. It feels like a Frankenstein part fused to my body.

Very well put and thanks for posting your experience. I know this will help others.
49 years old at time of implant, Suffering from ED 10+ years, Implant surgery 2/28/19 AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm RTE by Dr. Terlecki at WFBMC in Winston Salem NC

scanfie

Postby scanfie » Tue May 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Blah1109 wrote:

Reading this got me even more excited to get my procedure done which will be next Friday I am getting nervous ass hell since I won't know the outcome or if it will work or not or anything it's scary haha

It is scary, going from the known to the unknown. It came down to choosing between keeping what I had and hoping for the best, or crossing that line from which you can never go back, and getting the implant. What I had was bent and failing. It suddenly hit me this was an easy choice. I couldn't get the surgery quick enough. I mentioned a few negatives I wasn't expecting, but no deal breakers. I'm VERY GLAD I had it done.
Rejoicing in the wife of my youth (the one that got away) since 1973, delighting in her breasts, intoxicated always in her love (Proverbs 5:18-19). Prostate surgery 2011, Stem Cell Transplant 2013, Radiation 2018, AMS 700 Cx 18cm & 2.0 Cm RTE 2021.

Blah1109

Postby Blah1109 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:19 pm

scanfie wrote:
Blah1109 wrote:

It is scary, going from the known to the unknown. It came down to choosing between keeping what I had and hoping for the best, or crossing that line from which you can never go back, and getting the implant. What I had was bent and failing. It suddenly hit me this was an easy choice. I couldn't get the surgery quick enough. I mentioned a few negatives I wasn't expecting, but no deal breakers. I'm VERY GLAD I had it done.

I've gotten to that point as well I went from having a perfectly working Dick to then getting a spinal cord injury that definitely cause damage. I still do get ections but they don't last long even with cialis or viagra. And I have used the injection 3 times and definitely do not like it because of having to plan the sex. I miss having a stiff hard dick so I am ready as ever but nervous as ever, next week I'll be joining

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue May 11, 2021 4:19 pm

Welcome to FT. Thinking back on all the changes over the last 3 months realize that there are more improvement ahead. After another 3 months and another and another. Best of luck going forward with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

45acp1911

Postby 45acp1911 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:32 pm

Thank you for sharing. I'm T minus 6 days till my implant. Your post was informative and especially timely.
73YO, married; Peyronie's 2008; 16 dot plication 2010; Levitra, Cialis, Muse; Exdex 2019. Implanted 5/17/21 Coloplast Titan Touch Zero Degree, 125cc Cloverleaf Res, 18cm w/extenders. Performed by Ben Breyer, MD, MAS Professor and Chief of Urology, UCSF

jn1421

Postby jn1421 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:29 pm

thanks for sharing your experience before/after surgery. always good to add another positive, well written story to the archives. this place truly is a treasure trove of knowledge/exp from the men who live with ED.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Tue May 11, 2021 7:56 pm

I had to chuckle about your comment that your wife said it felt like and ice cube. I called mine a popsicle on a stick. 4 years post RP ( most nerves removed) and 3 yrs since IPP and my glans is finally getting blood flow and is warm. Keep the faith. It may improve more given time.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

scanfie

Postby scanfie » Wed May 12, 2021 12:22 am

Lunatech: Thanks for reading the post. I enjoy writing, and if it helps anyone – all the better.

Return to “Implants”