Eid vs Hakky

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wolfpacker

Re: Eid vs Hakky

Postby wolfpacker » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:35 pm

Ronn1708 wrote:I have never used Eid but I have used Dr Hakky just last week. He, his office staff, his surgical team, and the hospital he used are all first class !! I couldn’t ask for better treatment and care from them all. Love Dr Hakky !!! He is very easy to talk with and is very knowledgeable of all aspects of the implant. He’s got one of the lowest infection rates in his patients. He keeps up with all the stats ! I had several issues and some were caused by a previous high volume doctor and Dr Hakky has succeeded in getting everything back to working order. Like I said he snd his team have assisted me four times and now everything is great!!!
Oh I also was cleared for cycling at day 7..
Just my two cents !

I really appreciate that input, thanks a lot! Also very good to hear that Dr Hakky is in favor of early cycling. I spoke to Dr Eid on the phone today and he told me he activates and begins cycling ok day 3... Quite a big difference from some guys on here who I've seen not activated/cycling until like the 4 week mark
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

wewokarents

Postby wewokarents » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 pm

robertm wrote:For those using Medicare, is the cost of an implant covered? Hospital and physician fees? If Eid fee is 8k more than Hakky, how would that work with Medicare?

Medicare does cover implantation. They have a set fee they pay for everything from surgery to anesthesia to the implant cost itself. Of course this is subject to a 20% co-pay. Still medicare does not allow the doc or health facilities to recoup the costs that medicare writes down. I know.....my January surgery was covered by medicare.
Implant 1/28/2021. Dr Stephen A Johnson. Done at Baylor, Scott and White in Sherman, Texas. TRT since 2005, serious ED from 2004. Used nearly all PDE5 drugs. Injections failed. Started cycling at 1 week. Cycle most days. AMS 700 CX 23cm, 100ml reservoir.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:36 pm

wolfpacker wrote:
Ronn1708 wrote:I have never used Eid but I have used Dr Hakky just last week. He, his office staff, his surgical team, and the hospital he used are all first class !! I couldn’t ask for better treatment and care from them all. Love Dr Hakky !!! He is very easy to talk with and is very knowledgeable of all aspects of the implant. He’s got one of the lowest infection rates in his patients. He keeps up with all the stats ! I had several issues and some were caused by a previous high volume doctor and Dr Hakky has succeeded in getting everything back to working order. Like I said he snd his team have assisted me four times and now everything is great!!!
Oh I also was cleared for cycling at day 7..
Just my two cents !

I really appreciate that input, thanks a lot! Also very good to hear that Dr Hakky is in favor of early cycling. I spoke to Dr Eid on the phone today and he told me he activates and begins cycling ok day 3... Quite a big difference from some guys on here who I've seen not activated/cycling until like the 4 week mark

Actually many do 6 or 8 weeks wait for cycling. When I check with all my local doctors 3 years ago they were 8 weeks. One is now 6 weeks. Really it could depend on a number of things. My doctor was 3 weeks.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

NothingIsOver

Postby NothingIsOver » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:36 pm

I am another patient of Dr. Hakky. I can recommend him without hesitation.

Dr. Eid is considered by many to be the gold standard of penile implant surgeons. I don't doubt that he is excellent. He is also much more expensive. I'm not sure where you got the $26,000 figure as the quotes I got from him indicated going with him would cost $30,000 plus. I must admit that if cost had not been a factor (I paid out of pocket), I may have gone with Eid, as he is closer to me and has a somewhat different approach than many surgeons--one that, crucially, seems to yield good results.

Again though, I'm very satisfied with Dr. Hakky. He is so easy to talk to and generous with his time. Most importantly, he is a very skilled surgeon.

As others have said, there are also many other great surgeons out there. I would pick the one closest to you as aftercare could be a major factor if you have trouble.
Born 1982
ED due to Peyronie's/VL
Implanted March 2021 by Dr. Tariq Hakky
Titan XL - 24 cm - Touch Pump - no RTEs - 125 cc reservoir
"Nothing is over until we decide it is!" - Bluto, Animal House

indusvalley

Postby indusvalley » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:29 am

Coming from out of the US, I was in the same shoes as you and had to make the same decision. Eventually, I decided with Dr. Hakky and I am glad that I did. He did a great job with my surgery. Almost no pain when coming out of it. He removes the catheter before the patient wakes up to make it easy and yes, he uses the drain also. He uses the no-touch technique and makes very small an incision as possible when doing the surgery. He also activated me after just one week post-operation. As a bonus, I got to save some money which I used to stay at a good hotel in Atlanta and eat tasty food for the whole one month of stay. NYC is going to be very very expensive.

Dr. Hakky is also super responsive regardless of how many times you email him. I must have emailed him 30-40 times before the surgery and he replied without any issues. I was certainly very impressed by him.
A young guy in his early 30s from South Asia. Implanted Titan 22cm by Dr. Tariq Hakky in Atlanta (Dec 2020). Amazing doctor! No pain during recovery. My size is 5.75” x 4.6” which is better than pre-OP size of 5.6” x 4.5”. Hoping to gain more in future.

LookingUp

Postby LookingUp » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:39 am

what a concept. A Doctor communicating....

Imagine that.

LUp
ED 26 years. 1995->Pills->Shots->Implant penoscrotal Implanted Feb2021, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal, 100cc reservoir. Looking forward to revision with a better Doctor.

Return to “Implants”