Use of Vacuum Device with an implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rms0929

Use of Vacuum Device with an implant?

Postby rms0929 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:42 am

Got activated today(at last!)and pumped up as soon as I got home.(I know that is beside the point, but I am excited and have no one else to tell). anyway, I have read a lot on here about using a Vacuum Device after your activation, I am guessing to help regain and/or increase size. I know this sounds ignorant, but are you using when you are pumped up, between pump up sessions, or what? Thanks to all of you, I wish I had found ya'll way before my surgery. Rob
61 years old. Married for 37 years. ED for last 15 years. Tried all the pills, VED, Injections (several ER visits.) Implant surgery 9 Feb 2021with AMS LGX 18 cm with 3 RTE. Live in Pensacola FL area, will be willing to "show and tell".

shrunken_dick

Re: Use of Vacuum Device with an implant?

Postby shrunken_dick » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:46 am

Well, if you are looking for restoring lost inches, there exists some restorative surgeries.
I ( 29 M) took Spironolactone 400 mg to treat my hair loss. As a result, the penis shrunk from 6” to 4”. with Severe erectile dysfunction. Looking into the penile implant with Sliding Technique.

rms0929

Postby rms0929 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 am

shrunken_dick wrote:Well, if you are looking for restoring lost inches, there exists some restorative surgeries.

I did not lose enough size to matter, but I see many posts on restoring or gaining width that I would like to try, because I have always been "slender" there. It would be nice, but the situation now is definitely something I can live with. "It doesn't matter if you can hit bottom, it's if you can scrape the sides"
61 years old. Married for 37 years. ED for last 15 years. Tried all the pills, VED, Injections (several ER visits.) Implant surgery 9 Feb 2021with AMS LGX 18 cm with 3 RTE. Live in Pensacola FL area, will be willing to "show and tell".

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:27 am

First of all you need to follow your doctors instructions. Once you are fully healed and released you may choose to push things a bit. Infection is the most common with in the first year so you need to be careful and I would wait depending on incision for it to 100% heal if the incision would be in contact with or inside the VED. There was a study with VED use and cycling but that was with a bit of wait time between the early activation time and the start of VED use. I will post it later today. But I assume that was done with a somewhat high infrapubic surgery incision so that VED use could be done earlier with least risk of infection.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:28 pm

rms0929 wrote:Got activated today(at last!)and pumped up as soon as I got home.(I know that is beside the point, but I am excited and have no one else to tell). anyway, I have read a lot on here about using a Vacuum Device after your activation, I am guessing to help regain and/or increase size. I know this sounds ignorant, but are you using when you are pumped up, between pump up sessions, or what? Thanks to all of you, I wish I had found ya'll way before my surgery. Rob

First of all you had a fairly long wait for activation. This could just be an overly cautions doctor or the results of something that had to be done in surgery. In the first case of overly cautious surgeons there is a paper on long activation waits and the direct relationship to size loss pre vs post op. https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... prosthesis But that is done now. But men considering this should ask about wait times for activation when choosing a doctor for this. My local doctors all had 8 week wait times and and expected at least a 1" size loss pre vs post op. So you need to find out from your doctor if there was another reason for your long activation wait or if this is just the doctors normal wait time. This paper show supposedly the results of VED use post op and no size loss pre vs post op. https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/d88 ... action.pdf The reason I say supposedly is if you read that paper the men in the study were activated at a mean of 8 days post op (range of 5-12 days). None of the men had curvatures or plaque or any other complications. All were implanted with infrapubic incision to permit VED use low risk of infection. All men did not start VED use until 3 weeks post op well after activation dates. This to me is mosre in line with the first link I posted on early activation with relation to size loss. But I do agree that by adding VED use post op is faster. After I was fully healed I used long stretching inflations. I would add pumps after a few minutes to do basically the same thing as VED use. I do believe that VED is quicker and may be better for this. And other men have posted great results with VED use post op. I had results out past 1 year post op and VED results were much quicker.

Right now you should be following your doctors orders and doing your cycling work. Once you are fully healed and completed your cycling protocol you can consider the long stretching inflations or VED use. This is my conservative opinion and you should ask your doctor about VED or long stretching cycling. Your doctor may advise a different time curve or may not have any recommendation at all on it. Your first concern now is infection prevention and healing. Any choice you make is up to you. The information I have posted is for you to read and help you make your own choice. And yes VED use post op is while you are inflated.

And to be clear this is not about size enhancement. This is about reducing or eliminating the size loss pre vs post op. And is different from size loss from years of ED.

I hope this helps brother and I wish you the best of luck going forward with this.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

66 years young.

wunhunglo

Postby wunhunglo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:12 pm

Why would he get an infection from pumping? I heard that infections are caused during surgery...
Implanted April 9th 2021(age 55) by Dr. Eid w/ 24 cm Titan
Activated Day 3; minimal swelling and discomfort for 3-4 weeks
Preop injection size: 17 cms length (slight press) & 15 1/2 cm girth
Post up w/max inflation: 17 cm length 14 cm girth

boots1959

Postby boots1959 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:13 pm

Fully agree with newbie's comments, heal first. You have the same implant as me. Hopefully you recieved the dvd that came with the implant, watch that and follow the manufacturers cycling instruction.
I was activated 5 weeks after surgery but had been partially inflated for the 5 weeks after surgery so was always 50-60% erect (very uncomfortable).
Implanted AMS 700 lgx, Jan 15th 2021. 18cm with 3cm rte.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:25 pm

wunhunglo wrote:Why would he get an infection from pumping? I heard that infections are caused during surgery...

1. Infection can happen any time. It is most common during the first year. But generally reduces as the amount of time increases post op.

2. Until the incision fully heals there is a chance for it to reopen. If the incision is located where the lip of the VED rests and part in and part out you can pull on part of this and chance opening it up. There are also stiches inside.

3. I am not a doctor and my posts on this site are to help others not cause them harm. So fore most in my thoughts is to be very careful not to advise anything that might cause harm to any member. That is why I advised contacting a doctor and making your own choice.

66 years young.

rms0929

Postby rms0929 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:42 pm

I'll try to answer all the questions.
No,I did not get a DVD.
My doctor was overly cautious.
I am completely healed, no complications, 1 day of discomfort.
Surgery incision was at the base of the penis then extending down my scrotum a couple inches.
I am not trying to increase size, I am trying to regain and maintain the size I lost.

Did I miss anything? (Not being a smartass)

boots1959

Postby boots1959 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:34 pm

AMS dvd cycling instructions are;
Inflate to maximum rigidty, feel minor stretching, or mild discomfort.
Leave inflated 10-15 minutes.
Do everyday for 6 months.
Implanted AMS 700 lgx, Jan 15th 2021. 18cm with 3cm rte.

Return to “Implants”