A couple implant issues.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: A couple implant issues.

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:01 pm

Meddman1 wrote:I do not want to get into an argument over what happened. It happened. It fell out. Was this malpractice? Then after revision surgery it’s still not right. Something is wrong. First it should take more than two pumps to gain an erection. Two the pain constantly where the pump hangs too low and literally looks like it’s trying to pop out of my scrotum. Both tips are not the same in the penis one is lower. The one that was reinstalled is higher causing my penis when it’s erect to curve. My penis is the same size after pumping it up by as it is deflated. Only difference is hardness. Now when I try to inflate it’s painful because the ca area is so inflamed and the pump won’t pump correctly. I’ve reset the pump and nothing has changed. I need advice. Real advice. Not saying you don’t get how it fell out. It did.

How rigid is your penis when deflated?

I suspect you are not getting fully deflated (due to tubing kink or pain or some other cause). I suspect this because you are experiencing discomfort even when deflated and it only takes two pumps to gain rigidity. That seems to me abnormal.

My opinion is that you need to find a really good implant surgeon to examine you and render a second opinion. Only a thorough clinical exam will give you what you need and we on FrankTalk are shooting in the dark without actually being able to see and palpate your implant.

Do not wait.

Contacting a malpractice attorney might be a good idea. Such an attorney might have a list of really good revision surgeons and you don't need to start a lawsuit to just get legal advice on your options.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Meddman1 wrote:I had to have an a revision because the right side tube fell out of the penis and located itself into the scrotum. During revision the surgeon put the tube back in and I noticed it now goes up further into the penis then the left was. Now when inflated it pulls slightly to one side.

Talk to a lawyer. Document as much as you can. Do not say anything to the clinic, but have them send you the operation notes. If they give you some BS about it their property, blah, blah, blah...you have your answer.
Line your ducks up starting now...and anything you can do/remember previously.

It seems strange that you go in for a revision and the surgeon 'adjusts' something. This is NOT a revision. I am sure you paid good money for this and to have a $30k operation to stick a tube back in??? The implant itself is guaranteed for X number of years before ANY type of failure (I think a tube slipping out counts as a failure). Call Boston Scientific and just tell them what happened and ask why.
My question would be how would you know what he did?
Something is not right IMO.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Meddman1

Postby Meddman1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Exactly something isn’t right. I was scheduled when I went in to get revision surgery. That’s what was billed. I be asked while in recovery room and was told by the surgeon that they simply reinstalled the tube back into my penis. The current issue now is that the pump sits so low in my scrotum it looks like it’s a ball trying to escape out of my scrotum. Then when trying to inflate I grasp the pump like usual and when trying to inflate it’s painful because it’s causing pressure in my scrotum. The pump itself doesn’t feel right. It feels like it’s surrounded by something. The on top of that when I can pump it only pumps twice then by the pump goes firm like it can’t pump anymore. My penis does not grow in size only gets firmer. It’s all messed up. I see the same surgeon Tuesday tomorrow. I don’t know what to say. I don’t think I want him operating on me again. Buy the thought of starting over makes me sick.
Implant March 2020. 64 years old. retired. Unable to get erect due to medication and diabetes. Received AMS 700 LGX , 5cm on right and 6cm left. 18x12 .Revision done in may 2020 because cylinder in right side fell out.

Meddman1

Postby Meddman1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Exactly something isn’t right. I was scheduled when I went in to get revision surgery. That’s what was billed. I be asked while in recovery room and was told by the surgeon that they simply reinstalled the tube back into my penis. The current issue now is that the pump sits so low in my scrotum it looks like it’s a ball trying to escape out of my scrotum. Then when trying to inflate I grasp the pump like usual and when trying to inflate it’s painful because it’s causing pressure in my scrotum. The pump itself doesn’t feel right. It feels like it’s surrounded by something. The on top of that when I can pump it only pumps twice then by the pump goes firm like it can’t pump anymore. My penis does not grow in size only gets firmer. It’s all messed up. I see the same surgeon Tuesday tomorrow. I don’t know what to say. I don’t think I want him operating on me again. Buy the thought of starting over makes me sick.
Implant March 2020. 64 years old. retired. Unable to get erect due to medication and diabetes. Received AMS 700 LGX , 5cm on right and 6cm left. 18x12 .Revision done in may 2020 because cylinder in right side fell out.

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:33 pm

If I were you, my focus right now would be on getting the proper revision done by the best IPP surgeon available to you. You've got plenty of time to file a lawsuit if that's your inclination. However, med mal cases are extremely difficult to win. First of all, the surgeon's carrier will not settle, meaning you'll have to incur legal and court fees in the hopes of winning before a judge or jury. Plantiff's only prevail in about 25% of med mal cases. Additionally, it's extremely difficult to find a reputable IPP surgeon who would be willing to testify for you against another IPP surgeon.
A few years ago, I had laminectomy (lower back) surgery. Within 24 hours after surgery I was back in the hospital for emergency surgery to remove a hematoma that was pressing on the nerves bundle in my back. I now have permanent paralysis in one of my legs because the surgeon did not put in a drain that I requested to avoid this very situation. The surgeon's med mal carrier refused to settle and I interviewed more than one dozen med mal plantiff attorneys but not one of them would take the case on a contingency basis. Their projected costs averaged around $30,000 with 50% paid up front. So, my friend, sorry to say but the deck is stacked against you as far as a legal battle. Best of luck!
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

implant1959

Postby implant1959 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:11 am

Is it 2 pumps to erect because you aren't deflating it enough?
You say you used to be almost 8, but was that years ago or right before surgery? During the years of ED size can be lost due to the fact your penis isn't getting those daily stretches and good persuasion of blood. Also as we gain weight the public fat pad thickness and less of the penis is visable.
Good luck in quest for resolvement.
Scott, member of Bionic Brotherhood since 12/2/2020 with activation on 12/17/2020.
Coloplast Titan Touch.
Feel free to PM me, we all need an ear now and then.

Meddman1

Postby Meddman1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:53 pm

Completely deflated it takes two pumps

Meddman1

Postby Meddman1 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:17 pm

Just left the dr office to have checked out. He says that the pump
Has to be low. If it was higher it couldn’t work. Also that my size of penis will be the same erect as it is when deflated. The penis cannot get longer. That cycling can only possibly add some girth. Possibly. So I’m confused. There is lots b of discussion in regards to adding length by cycling. He say no way. I look at my penis when erect and there is lots of wrinkled skin left. Stretching my penis by hand there is at least 1/2 to 1” from the cylinder tips to the ridge below the head of penis. So bottom line he’s telling me nothing is wrong and it is what it is.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:43 pm

Meddman1 wrote:Just left the dr office to have checked out. He says that the pump
Has to be low. If it was higher it couldn’t work. Also that my size of penis will be the same erect as it is when deflated. The penis cannot get longer. That cycling can only possibly add some girth. Possibly. So I’m confused. There is lots b of discussion in regards to adding length by cycling. He say no way. I look at my penis when erect and there is lots of wrinkled skin left. Stretching my penis by hand there is at least 1/2 to 1” from the cylinder tips to the ridge below the head of penis. So bottom line he’s telling me nothing is wrong and it is what it is.

I think it might be worthwhile to get a second opinion from a surgeon with a reputation for honesty, knowledge and skill. How to vet one near your location may be difficult, but worthwhile.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

barrylandon

Postby barrylandon » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:46 pm

C'mon, brother...do you really think most of our surgeons would recommend daily cycling and most of us would be doing it if it didn't help to regain "lost" length? That is also a selling point of the AMS 700LGX model.
Implanted 5/6/20 by Dr. Jesse Mills at UCLA; AMS 700 LGX 18 cm w/2 cm RTEs. I'm 76 & fit but had ED for 20 years. Pills/injections ultimately failed, including 3 ER trips for Priapism; Shockwave & embryonic stem cell therapies didn't help either.

Return to “Implants”