NHS

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Pau1pau1

NHS

Postby Pau1pau1 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Hi does anybody know if the procedure is covered by the NHS in England.
If so are you allowed to choose your own surgeon or do you have to go to your local hospital.
What is typical length loss on a 5.75 inch penis as well.
Cheers

sonnyjim

Re: NHS

Postby sonnyjim » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:24 pm

Yes, I can tell you that penile implants are done on the NHS as I had mine done that way. However, you will have to go through all the other treatments first and only then will they do the surgery if nothing else works for you. It took 4 years for them to finally do mine, yours might be faster though.

Pau1pau1

Postby Pau1pau1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:50 am

Can I ask which surgeon did yours?
How much length did you loose
Cheers

sonnyjim

Postby sonnyjim » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:20 pm

Dr Ralph at UCLH.

I lost just a bit over half an inch. Although that might still come back from cycling the implant, I’m not too sure.

Bluewhippet

Postby Bluewhippet » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:42 am

Perhaps I was lucky. After pills stopped working I was referred to Northampton hospital Urology and prescribed CAVERJECT. When this became less effective after about 4 years the Urology Consultant at Northampton referred me to Mr Summerton a surgeon at Leicester General Hospital. He examined me and agreed that I was a suitable candidate for an implant. He prefers to use the AMS CX (he believes they are more reliable than the LGX) and put me on the waiting list. In March 2018 I was implanted some 6 months after my referral. Lost about half an inch but no change in girth. No significant pain after implant (penoscrotal) and never needed painkillers. Activated after 5 weeks. Pump perfectly positioned and when inflated tips perfectly positioned in head of penis. Since then everything has worked well and is used regularly . Best decision I ever made - no preparation needed allows spontaneous sex whenever I want. Perhaps an LGX might have allowed me to reach my pre-implant length but will probably never know.
More details in some of my previous posts. I presume waiting times much longer now due to Covid. The NHS has several 'Centres of Excellence ' for implant and, in my experience, Mr Ralph is not the only surgeon with great results.
80 year old Type2 diabetic, long term ED, pills then injections PGE1. After 4 years they became less effective. Implanted 20/3/2018 by NHS. AMS 700 CX 15+4 cm with MS pump. Never had any significant pain. Still working perfectly and used regularly.

tbonegas

Postby tbonegas » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:37 pm

Have had original and revision implants both on NHS. 1st one was done at a hospital in London. Went wrong big time. Waited a year then had a revision in my home town.
Never wanted to go to London in 1st place and refused any further treatment at the place.
ED since 2010/RP 2016, tried all pills, injections and VED.nothing worked.Implanted 2018, implant removed short while after.

Return to “Implants”