Med Journal Studies FrankTalk-turning the microscope around.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Tsanchez12369

Re: Med Journal Studies FrankTalk-turning the microscope around.

Postby Tsanchez12369 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:15 pm

They’re def the top two highest volume implant docs in the country w great reputations...but not everyone can see them of course. I went Roth a local doc who also is in the high volume category...Dr Karpman.
Sept 11, 2018: excision, grafting (human cadever tissue) and implant. Doc is Dr Edward Karpman in Mountain View, surgery at El Camino Hospital, LOS Gatos CA. AMS 700 CX infrapubic 18 cm + 3 cm RTE. http://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Tsanchez12369 wrote:They’re def the top two highest volume implant docs in the country w great reputations...but not everyone can see them of course. I went Roth a local doc who also is in the high volume category...Dr Karpman.

I don't know for sure that Drs Eid and Kramer are the highest volume implanters in the world or in the country.

The only statistic I have access to is the number of mentions here on FrankTalk (and that does not count the actual number of either of their patients who are members here or who are actually posting here). Those numbers do not necessarily relate to actual implants done.

My discussions with Dr. Eid suggested to me (speculation on my part) hat his implant count is lower than Dr. Kramer's simply because he takes longer for each surgery (taking great pains to limit bleeding and infection exposure). This makes recovery easier on the patient, but takes longer in the surgical suite, thus limiting the patient count.

Dr. Perito has attested that he can do an implant in 15 minutes. His patient count COULD be much higher.

I can attest personally that both Dr. Eid and Dr. Kramer are very kind, even to patients unlikely to visit their clinics. At least, both of them were to me in emails.

But that says NOTHING about their counts.
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:36 pm

Interesting read. I esp. liked that FT is providing an insight into what surgeons should brush up on instead of a one size fits all approach. They should know what an implant does post-operatively, or there abouts. Quite a number on here just grin and bear it and hope all goes well. Well, it did not go well for me, and my original Dr. did not know what to do, waited a extra 3 months, and because I was not activated, I got fucked (and not in a good way).
There is a post on here about size being brutal for smaller guys, but what about us guys who do have the size, then its taken away? I think this article hits the nail on the proverbial head about Drs needing to brush up on not just the latest technology, but HOW to maximize that technology for the individual regardless of their involvement in FT (although that would be very good).
Kramer dropped me without notice, but I suspect its because I asked questions pertaining to MY situation and the fuck up, which he could not answer because all he does are implants, nothing else.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Gt1956

Postby Gt1956 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:21 am

Wow, where to start. First, thanks LostSheep. I advocate more info for guys to make better choices. Vetting & the subsequent discussions of more rising star surgeons helps every single person involved. Patients & doctors.
Already we have seen several members that exhibited anxiety or depression over their illness. I have to believe that at least one factor to this is the realization that a top doctor appears to be out of reach. Whether because of travel or insurance company network rules. Getting more doctors talked about across the country rather than just the two coasts is a good thing.
Agfa13, I would suggest that part of the problem in your case is your original length. I bet that the implant companies make their products for where the majority of men are. So a guy that needs a long implant, whether for his exposed length or because he has deep cruz is not going to be fitted very well. Think of it like a 7' tall man. Choices of everything from clothes to the car he drives is limited by his height.
I have read comments about one or both implant companies will make custom implants. That small bit of info is all that I can offer you. How the process works or how/where they get the sizing is a mystery to me. Sorry, but other than pointing you in a direction, You're on your own with this. But honestly, I can't see many other options that would be acceptable to you.
Sorry for the long off topic post. But I felt that there was some info in there that needs to be shared.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:10 am

GT, unfortunately, that is not the case. I am on the 'whoa' side of dick size, and BS and Coloplast do make my size, but after my situation with the infection, because I was *not activated* and they sat on their asses, I lost *inches* (plural). An inch here and maybe some girth, that would not be an issue with me, but that is not the case.
I keep reading that it is all in my head, which is true, but after 55 years on having something and using it, is taken away, don't think 'all in my head' is going to be a simplification of things.
I keep forgetting, but will post a side-by-side pic of me before and after and post in my journal (esp. before my next surgery).

thereishope

Postby thereishope » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:52 pm

Agfa13 wrote:GT, unfortunately, that is not the case. I am on the 'whoa' side of dick size, and BS and Coloplast do make my size, but after my situation with the infection, because I was *not activated* and they sat on their asses, I lost *inches* (plural). An inch here and maybe some girth, that would not be an issue with me, but that is not the case.
I keep reading that it is all in my head, which is true, but after 55 years on having something and using it, is taken away, don't think 'all in my head' is going to be a simplification of things.
I keep forgetting, but will post a side-by-side pic of me before and after and post in my journal (esp. before my next surgery).

Have you read those papers on vacuum post implant to regain size lost, coupled with a traction device and later re implantation?

Agfa13

Postby Agfa13 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:12 pm

....after my 3 piece is put in...
Before and after pics just posted in my thread.
Ag, 58, Maryland
Document with BEFORE/after pics
AMS cx 24cm, Titan malleable, Titan Legacy on 3/2/20 (20cm/bilat 2cm RTE/ 75 cc)
Face pic on pg. 22: names and faces; dick pics on pg 7/41: Dick of day
Smaller dick, but can fuck without fail :lol: :D

Return to “Implants”