AMS 700, difficulty using bulb to inflate

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Garypaxton4

Re: AMS 700, difficulty using bulb to inflate

Postby Garypaxton4 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:59 pm

Toronto67 wrote:
Garypaxton4 wrote:Getting very upset and despondent over not being able to inflate. To the point of tears. This pump will not pump up. Keep trying for the popping sound. Can't hear or feel it over my screams. Seven days ago my doctor told me to inflate three times a day. I have gotten it twice, well, actually my girlfriend did. I should have been inflated 21 times by now, according to my doctor's directions. I squeeze until I'm blue in the face, and can't walk. I have tried it alone, with girlfriend, lying down, standing up, sitting in a chair, sitting in the tub. Tried hot water, heating pad. Nothing, not a thing, no pop. Tried Gorilla Snot to improve my grip on my testicles, nothing. (Gorilla Snot is a tacky substance guitar pickers use to hold on to their picks.) Tried doing it while watching the local weather girl, nothing. Very sorry I did this at this point, has not been worth it.

I can feel your frustration and it is perfectly understandable, how long ago were you implanted?
What kind of implant do you have?
Have you tried contacting your doctor, or the customer service department of the company who made your device?

I know it could be frustrating, maybe this is something simple to solve or maybe not, however, there is a solution out there, be patient.

I wish you all the best with your recovery, and I hope you reach the level of satisfaction that most member of this forums have with their implant.

Garypaxton4

Postby Garypaxton4 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:06 pm

I had my implant the end of August 2019. Been to the doctor three times. I go in, she pumps it up. I go home, nothing. I am very very very very very disappointed and about to give this up. This implant is impossible to use. If they made the bulb a little easier to grip it would help. Maybe put a flat edge on it that you can actually grip it. Been trying to get one pump for two weeks now, nothing, nada, zip. $62,000 procedure. I am not a happy camper.

Jerryf

Postby Jerryf » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 am

Since your doc can pump it up it’s working fine. My doc didn’t let me touch it for 6 weeks. So your trying it rather early. Internally your still swollen. This makes it harder to grasp. Are you using two hands? Hold the block with your left and put your thumb behind the bulb. Use your other thumb to push down on it. Can you get the valve to click over? If you aren’t getting the valve to move you can’t pump it. My valve sticks sometimes. You have to push the button squeeze dick. You should know fluid is moving it vibrates a little. If not squeeze valve from each end. This will make the valve looser. If you are only 4 weeks out this all will hurt. Keep trying you’ll get it.
Turning 60 August of 2017. July 18 of 2017 implanted with ams 700. Have had ED for over 15 years. Diabetic for 20 years. Had five heart bypassed done in 2013. Married 37 years.

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:59 pm

Garypaxton4 wrote:I had my implant the end of August 2019. Been to the doctor three times. I go in, she pumps it up. I go home, nothing. I am very very very very very disappointed and about to give this up. This implant is impossible to use. If they made the bulb a little easier to grip it would help. Maybe put a flat edge on it that you can actually grip it. Been trying to get one pump for two weeks now, nothing, nada, zip. $62,000 procedure. I am not a happy camper.

I had a lot of trouble with mine. I will assume since you replied to this thread that you have the AMS 700. One thing to consider is that your hand strength is a bit on the low side. My bulb was so hard to pump my thumb and finger joints would pop and grind. I have hand damage. But since your doctor and girlfriend seem to be able to operate it I would see if your girlfriend would help out with inflating if she can. My ASM DVD in my packet had a bunch of different ways to inflate. It should be in your packet. I think it would be worth watching if you have it. If your girlfriend can do the first quick pump to get the pop, then you can try some of the different ways shown in the video to inflate after that. As pressure builds if you need then she can take over. After a while the pump should ease some and your hand strength may increase also.

You can try hand strengthening exercises. I see an occupational therapist for my hand trouble. I have found that using my left hand to hold the tubing just above the deflate button block and my right hand holding the bulb between the base of my thumb and index and middle finger and use my finger tips to do the inflating. But again I have trouble with my thumb and do have strong fingers so you may be different. And I have areas of my scrotum that hurt to inflate in so I move the bulb around a bit to find a less painful place.

One thing that kept me going when I had my trouble when I was activated at 3 weeks was that some surgeons have men wait 8 weeks or more before activation. I was able to get my pump mostly working a week or so before that 8 week point.

Hang in there and keep working at it. You have it now so do the best you can with it. Odds are that in a few weeks you and your girlfriend will both be enjoying it. Mine is a fair bit from perfect but my girlfriends and I enjoy mine.

Wishing you all the best going forward with this. Keep us updated on how things are going.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

Garypaxton4

Try inflationing with a wash clothe

Postby Garypaxton4 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:09 pm

I might have come up with something. Grabbing and squeezing that hard as a rock pump was impossible. Holding on to the bulb was a bitch. I looked for ways to improve my grip on the bulb and I might have come up with something. I tried grabbing and holding on to the bulb with a slightly moist wash cloth wrapped around the bulb. Not a wet wash cloth, a slightly moist one. It was easier to hold on to the bulb and easier to pump. I added the two thumb approach and up it came. Son of a gun.

Gt1956

Re: Try inflationing with a wash clothe

Postby Gt1956 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:43 pm

Garypaxton4 wrote:I might have come up with something. Grabbing and squeezing that hard as a rock pump was impossible. Holding on to the bulb was a bitch. I looked for ways to improve my grip on the bulb and I might have come up with something. I tried grabbing and holding on to the bulb with a slightly moist wash cloth wrapped around the bulb. Not a wet wash cloth, a slightly moist one. It was easier to hold on to the bulb and easier to pump. I added the two thumb approach and up it came. Son of a gun.

Good trick to pass on to the members.
68yo, HBP at 40, high triglycerides at 45. Phimosis at 57. Type 2 at 60. Dr. William Brant May 1, 2023 CX 21cm w/no rte's penoscrotal 6" girth @ 6 months

newbie443

Postby newbie443 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:20 pm

Garypaxton4 wrote:I might have come up with something. Grabbing and squeezing that hard as a rock pump was impossible. Holding on to the bulb was a bitch. I looked for ways to improve my grip on the bulb and I might have come up with something. I tried grabbing and holding on to the bulb with a slightly moist wash cloth wrapped around the bulb. Not a wet wash cloth, a slightly moist one. It was easier to hold on to the bulb and easier to pump. I added the two thumb approach and up it came. Son of a gun.

Great news! Best of luck going forward.
Injections failed. Implanted 3-21-18 AMS 700 LGX 21 + 1 RTE 100 cc reservoir 6.5" L 5" G Dr. Kramer.

Proximal Perforation Sling Repair 4/13/21 Dr. Broghammer

66 years young.

Will show and tell and talk with others.

marlow13

Postby marlow13 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:50 am

After I read this I tried it and it definitely worked for me. I was only activated Oct 2. My doctor decided to have me cycling at 26 days post op. But a moist washcloth is the only way I can get a good grip right now. Thanks for the heads up!
58 y/o PCA 18 on March 2017. Biopsy 8.6 Gleason. Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer June 2017. Robotic Prostectomy Aug 2017. .02 at Follow ups so far. Implanted on 9/6/19 with AMS 700 CX 21+2 RTE's by Dr.Dean Knoll Urology Associates Nashville, TN.

Garypaxton4

Postby Garypaxton4 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 pm

Okay, here is something that has helped me pump up. I have used a topical pain cream around the sack, around the pump area. Numbs the sack a bit, makes pumping less painful. My best suggestion is a damp wash cloth,not wet, damp. Wrap the wash cloth around the pump. This gives you a better grip on the bulb and prevents slipping on one of your nuts. Also allows you to squeeze a little easier.

alex67

Postby alex67 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:15 pm

Looking for other men in my area who had this prestige done. I had mine done last August, brand new.......I have some questions :?: .
I'm in Venice, Florida.
Sal

Return to “Implants”