I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal. Before and after pics added.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
ED2013

Re: I'm Bionic! Quincy's journal.

Postby ED2013 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:12 pm

Yes the swelling will probably peak soon. I was black and blue a few days after my procedure. The jock was very uncomfortable. It was really tight around my waist and was such a relief to take off for a while.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:49 am

Day 3, morning.

I felt like I slept a little better last night. Fitbit says I was asleep for 6 hours 49 minutes (6'33" the night before) and awake for 47 minutes. On waking, the first thing I've wanted to do each day has been to go to the john.

Swelling this morning is not as bad as yesterday. Maybe I'll just miss the "bad" day, or perhaps it's still to come. At this point I feel confident that I can handle it.

For this morning, I'll just list a few observations. If anyone who has been through this wants to add thoughts or suggestions, please do!

1. Some of the worst pain for me is from coughing and sitting up in bed. My abdominal muscles are sore or using them activates other pain in the area. Whatever, I've had to be careful to control the coughing in order to keep the pain down. That was worst right after surgery and is slowly getting better.

2. The entire area hurts a little and aches all the time. After a while it doesn't bother as much unless I think about it. Yes, the pain is there, but being fairly constant, it is something I can begin to ignore until something happens like hitting the end of my dick with something, which leads to observation 3.

3. Don't touch your dick with anything. I just had to get up for something and while sitting back down and rearranging my ice packs I inadvertently flicked the end of my dick with a finger. Poor choice. And until activation lets me deflate, my dick is leading me everywhere. Easy to hit on a countertop or door jamb. Even sleeping is hard with heavy blankets causing enough pressure to cause pain. A good part of the night I have covers twisted into a big C shape, with blankets warming my legs and shoulders, but my groin only covered by a sheet.

4. Having a partner to help you through this is wonderful. I try to do as much for myself as I can, but sometimes it's nice to be taken care of. Getting comfy in the recliner with the ice packs arranged "just so" and then realizing you left the water bottle on the kitchen counter sucks. My wife fixes things. She's also there to bounce ideas off - this is all new and I want to discuss some things, like, why does the skin on the outside of my dick feel abraded I a few spots? The trauma was on the inside. Having someone to talk to makes it easier to work through things mentally and provides the companionship of shared experience.

5. The jock sucks! As ED2013said, it's a huge relief to take off for a while. I'm not sure why it's needed, probably to keep things from pulling down too much, but it's hard to feel good in the thing at all. As I mentioned another time, some of the worst pain has been from the pump pushing up on my right nut when is then pushed up into the canal. When the jock comes off, everything is allowed to ease back into place. Hot water makes that even easier. Once this is over, I'm going to burn this jock, bury the ashes, and salt the grave to make sure it never comes back.

6. 2 qt freezer bags work better for me than frozen peas. I can cover more area and easily refill as the ice melts. I'm now using two bags at once, one on each side or one above and one below. Pro tip: double bag the ice. There may be nothing colder in the world than ice water dripping from a freezer bag onto a man's nuts. It's so cold it burns.

I'm feeling good about all this. Still lots more to heal.

My biggest fear is still infection. Does anyone know how infection first shows itself? I'm assuming I'm past the worst of the risk, but I really have no idea. What are the major causes of implant infection outside of the surgery itself? When can I feel comfortable that it's not going to happen? I'd like to stop watching for the Sword of Damocles.

Today will bring 3 or so hot baths. I sat in the tub fully clothed before surgery. It was hard to get in and of then. With the pain that comes from using pelvic muscles maybe I'll just stay there permanently and just let the hot water in an out as needed. :}

My best to all.

Quincy
71, Boise area, Married
ED from type 2 diabetes and PCa radiation.
AMS LGX surgery 6/5/18 with Edward Karpman in Silicon Valley, 18cm+3RTE

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:36 am

Quincy,
So glad things are going good. A wife's T L works wonders. If you add alcohol to the water the bag will freeze just as cold but not like a rock. You can mold it to your body. I did it with my rotor cuff surgery.
donnie1954@mail.com cor
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Day 3 late morning.

Just had my first hot bath. Getting into the tub was difficult, getting out was challenging. A friend had given us a suction-cup "handle" that could be mounted anywhere. It was very useful, and if you can get one like this that can support your weight, I recommend it.

The bath was as good as advertised. Like the shower, everything loosened up and could be manipulated, but it stayed loose as long as I was in the water.

For those that are already implanted, I have a question about ideal pump placement. My pump naturally hangs somewhat sideways, behind or below my right testicle. Sometimes it goes fully sideways and slides between my nuts. Neither position is comfortable. In the bath, I can rearrange things. I assume that if I keep rearranging and gently tugging things into the place I want, that eventually they will stay there, more or less. So what is the best position?

1. Sideways so one side points forward or flat across the back of the sac?
2. Behind the nuts or below them?

If there is some other positioning thing that would be good to know, please tell me.

Once out of the bath, the swelling started coming back. Understandable. I'm back on ice and feeling pretty good. Though my doc said swelling would be the worst today, it doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe the God of Dicks is teasing me and the other shoe will drop later, but maybe it's just not going to happen. For now, I'm just happy to be making progress.

I'm supposed to meet an old friend for lunch at a restaurant tomorrow. I'll have to figure out how to hide the obvious without too much pain. Fun times.
71, Boise area, Married

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Quincy,
I'm not sure what the ideal place for the pump is. Mine is at the bottom of my scrotum below my nuts. As long as there is no discomfort and you can operate it to pump and deflate it should be fine. I like to hold the tubes that attach to the pump with my left hand. I can see the imprint of the bulb in my scrotum. I squeeze with my right to pump up.
donnie1954@mail.com
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 pm

I wouldn’t worry about infection. Dr. Karpman is aggressive with oral and intravenous antibiotics. The signs of infection are pain accompanied by fever. Being that everyone is in pain after surgery, at this point I’d only be concerned if you have a bad fever.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:38 pm

Quincy wrote:Day 3, morning.

I felt like I slept a little better last night. Fitbit says I was asleep for 6 hours 49 minutes (6'33" the night before) and awake for 47 minutes. On waking, the first thing I've wanted to do each day has been to go to the john.

Swelling this morning is not as bad as yesterday. Maybe I'll just miss the "bad" day, or perhaps it's still to come. At this point I feel confident that I can handle it.

For this morning, I'll just list a few observations. If anyone who has been through this wants to add thoughts or suggestions, please do!

1. Some of the worst pain for me is from coughing and sitting up in bed. My abdominal muscles are sore or using them activates other pain in the area. Whatever, I've had to be careful to control the coughing in order to keep the pain down. That was worst right after surgery and is slowly getting better.

2. The entire area hurts a little and aches all the time. After a while it doesn't bother as much unless I think about it. Yes, the pain is there, but being fairly constant, it is something I can begin to ignore until something happens like hitting the end of my dick with something, which leads to observation 3.

3. Don't touch your dick with anything. I just had to get up for something and while sitting back down and rearranging my ice packs I inadvertently flicked the end of my dick with a finger. Poor choice. And until activation lets me deflate, my dick is leading me everywhere. Easy to hit on a countertop or door jamb. Even sleeping is hard with heavy blankets causing enough pressure to cause pain. A good part of the night I have covers twisted into a big C shape, with blankets warming my legs and shoulders, but my groin only covered by a sheet.

4. Having a partner to help you through this is wonderful. I try to do as much for myself as I can, but sometimes it's nice to be taken care of. Getting comfy in the recliner with the ice packs arranged "just so" and then realizing you left the water bottle on the kitchen counter sucks. My wife fixes things. She's also there to bounce ideas off - this is all new and I want to discuss some things, like, why does the skin on the outside of my dick feel abraded I a few spots? The trauma was on the inside. Having someone to talk to makes it easier to work through things mentally and provides the companionship of shared experience.

5. The jock sucks! As ED2013said, it's a huge relief to take off for a while. I'm not sure why it's needed, probably to keep things from pulling down too much, but it's hard to feel good in the thing at all. As I mentioned another time, some of the worst pain has been from the pump pushing up on my right nut when is then pushed up into the canal. When the jock comes off, everything is allowed to ease back into place. Hot water makes that even easier. Once this is over, I'm going to burn this jock, bury the ashes, and salt the grave to make sure it never comes back.

6. 2 qt freezer bags work better for me than frozen peas. I can cover more area and easily refill as the ice melts. I'm now using two bags at once, one on each side or one above and one below. Pro tip: double bag the ice. There may be nothing colder in the world than ice water dripping from a freezer bag onto a man's nuts. It's so cold it burns.

I'm feeling good about all this. Still lots more to heal.

My biggest fear is still infection. Does anyone know how infection first shows itself? I'm assuming I'm past the worst of the risk, but I really have no idea. What are the major causes of implant infection outside of the surgery itself? When can I feel comfortable that it's not going to happen? I'd like to stop watching for the Sword of Damocles.

Today will bring 3 or so hot baths. I sat in the tub fully clothed before surgery. It was hard to get in and of then. With the pain that comes from using pelvic muscles maybe I'll just stay there permanently and just let the hot water in an out as needed. :}

My best to all.

Quincy

Be on the look-out for INCREASED pain, swelling and a fever over 104.

Larry

Quincy

Postby Quincy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Day 3, late afternoon

Thanks, guys.

I took a good walk in today, about 1,500 steps in total. This time I tried a slightly looser pair of boxer briefs and let my dick hang down a little from vertical. This didn't work very well either. I'd thought that the sore part of my anatomy from walking would be my balls, but it was my dick that was the most sore and made me wish I had stopped a little sooner. Most of the problem comes from pressure from the shorts. Clearly, what I really need to do is just walk naked. :) If someone comes up with a good idea for this, please let me know.

2nd bath felt just as good at the first. I'm having no trouble at all finding the pump and the deflate button while in the hot water. I may have to see if my doc will activate me in the tub.

Making good progress. Still living the dream.
71, Boise area, Married

BadGrandpa

Postby BadGrandpa » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 pm

I'm about three weeks post op, the head and the right side of my dick are still very tender and are the only thing causing discomfort for me now. Going to work is the most uncomfortable since I have to wear jeans, it's not to bad at home where I wear loose boxers and basketball shorts.

I did jump the gun 2 days ago and deflated my pump (not due to be activated until June 14th) and it was the most amazing feeling ever after walking around with a semi for three weeks. pumped back up after an hour or so.
49 years old, married 29 years, type 1 diabetic since 12, battling ED since 18. Triple bypass in 2010. AMS 700 Implanted 5/14/18 by Dr Cornell in Houston TX.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:29 am

Quincy wrote:Day 3 late morning.

Just had my first hot bath. Getting into the tub was difficult, getting out was challenging. A friend had given us a suction-cup "handle" that could be mounted anywhere. It was very useful, and if you can get one like this that can support your weight, I recommend it.

The bath was as good as advertised. Like the shower, everything loosened up and could be manipulated, but it stayed loose as long as I was in the water.

For those that are already implanted, I have a question about ideal pump placement. My pump naturally hangs somewhat sideways, behind or below my right testicle. Sometimes it goes fully sideways and slides between my nuts. Neither position is comfortable. In the bath, I can rearrange things. I assume that if I keep rearranging and gently tugging things into the place I want, that eventually they will stay there, more or less. So what is the best position?

1. Sideways so one side points forward or flat across the back of the sac?
2. Behind the nuts or below them?

If there is some other positioning thing that would be good to know, please tell me.

Once out of the bath, the swelling started coming back. Understandable. I'm back on ice and feeling pretty good. Though my doc said swelling would be the worst today, it doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe the God of Dicks is teasing me and the other shoe will drop later, but maybe it's just not going to happen. For now, I'm just happy to be making progress.

I'm supposed to meet an old friend for lunch at a restaurant tomorrow. I'll have to figure out how to hide the obvious without too much pain. Fun times.

My pump hangs on the bottom of the scrotum between the testicles with the deflate button on my right side. I am right handed so this is perfect. As for what your doc said about swelling, he meant if you are going to have a problem at all it would be today. There are members on here who have had very little or no swelling following the implant. Trust me when I say the answer to almost every question will be the same and will drive you NUTTY... "just give it time" Really, time really is your friend with this implant. Keep pulling your pump down, you want it low so it blends in with you other 2 kids. :D

Larry

Return to “Implants”