Prolonged erection after injection

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Bob1974

Re: Prolonged erection after injection

Postby Bob1974 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:05 pm

I'm thinking also if the needles are like my safety razor blades with different name brands showing a BIG difference in sharpness. The needles I have are generic that the pharmacy gave me with my script. I saw a forum thread somewhere where the poster said they looked at the needle with some sort of scope and could see the tip was bent slightly??? Is there a brand of needle that is suppose to be better then others or are they all pretty much the same? I'm all about being Frugal and saving money but if there's a better needle out there I'd spend an extra few dollars considering where I'm using them. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in feeling like it's tougher to poke on the right hand side.
Age 47. Married in 2005. Tampa Bay Florida USA. Got ED 24 years ago from being paralyzed. Made a 90% recovery. See profile for more info...

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:29 pm

Bob1974 wrote:I'm thinking also if the needles are like my safety razor blades with different name brands showing a BIG difference in sharpness. The needles I have are generic that the pharmacy gave me with my script. I saw a forum thread somewhere where the poster said they looked at the needle with some sort of scope and could see the tip was bent slightly??? Is there a brand of needle that is suppose to be better then others or are they all pretty much the same? I'm all about being Frugal and saving money but if there's a better needle out there I'd spend an extra few dollars considering where I'm using them. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in feeling like it's tougher to poke on the right hand side.

BD has been the gold standard in needles for as long as I can remember. :)

Larry

dotcom

Postby dotcom » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:17 am

For me it's becoming more and more confusing :(. Last week I reduced injection to 14 units and it laster for 2-3.5 hours and was pretty good.
Today I injected same 14 units and erections started much softer....while my wife went to shower, my erection became really soft, so I injected another 6 units on other side. The erection became OK, but still less strong than 14 units last week :shock: and lasted just 1.5 hours.
It's so annoying .........
51 y.o. , married 23 years, Toronto,ON. Have performance anxiety. Dr. Aquino from Ontario Men's Health prescribed injections of
1. mix of papaverine 17.5, chlorpromazin 1.923, atropine 0.23 (total 0.09 cc) and 2. 0.91cc PGE1 alprostadil

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:35 pm

There are three threads on this topic active now. See the other two. Might be nice if Admin could combine them? At my normal dose they seem to last about 3 hours. I am ready for sloppy seconds but after an hour +/-f hard sex, the wife usually takes a pass. For me, Benadryl 25 mg and a hot bath really knocks it down. Coffee also (vaso constrictor). The hot bath knocks it down almost instantly. I did use cold for a big hematoma a while back and that did not seem to help abate the erection.
NOT an MD. 71, M51 yrs, CenTX US. Inj since 12/2016, a yr after pills stopped working. Caverject for a yr. 1/2018 Tri-Mix at 30 pap/2 phent/60 pge @0.3ml, now 0.5ml 80mcg/ml PGE1. DE/Anorgasmia setting in since 5/2019, worse now.

dotcom

Postby dotcom » Tue May 01, 2018 11:20 am

Benadryl 25 mg and a hot bath really knocks it down. Coffee also (vaso constrictor).
Should try it too. Did you try pseudoephedrine? That's what 2 doctores recommended to me, but no one mentioned Benadryl.
From research , they are different
Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. Pseudoephedrine is a decongestant that shrinks blood vessels in the nasal passages.
51 y.o. , married 23 years, Toronto,ON. Have performance anxiety. Dr. Aquino from Ontario Men's Health prescribed injections of
1. mix of papaverine 17.5, chlorpromazin 1.923, atropine 0.23 (total 0.09 cc) and 2. 0.91cc PGE1 alprostadil

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Wed May 02, 2018 1:05 pm

Bob1974 wrote:Trimix rookie here... I've only had 3 injections thus far but last one has me thinking WTH? Urologist did the 1st injection of 40/30/1 in his office of 0.1 dosage and it ended up lasting 5 hours with me taking 4 30mg Sudafeds at th 3.5 hour mark and putting a bag of ice on it. He injected me on the right side and there was a slight pain around the injection site for maybe 6 to 8 hours. Second injection the wife did on the left side with .06 and everything was good for 3 hours... no injection site discomfort. Third time wife injected me on right side with .05 and said it seemed as if needle was hard to go in. Experienced the same slight dull pain around the injection site again and erection lasted 5 hours again with me putting the bag of ice on it after 3.5 hours. I thought the third round would only last 2 to 2.5 hours.

Questions...
1. Is there a tough layer that the needle has to poke through just on the right side and that is why I'm feeling a bit of discomfort when poked there?

2. Is it normal to have such a difference in erection time based on which side you inject on?

3. I've also experienced a slight bruising type of pain after having sex for quite some time under the head at the top of the shaft after all three Trimix experiences. Is this normal from just having sex for so long or maybe the Trimix itself.

I know my post doesn't seem like it's very positive but each experience was totally awesome having such a good erection and being able to go hot and heavy in any position uncomfortable or not without any fear of losing my erection. I'm just trying to learn more and get some insight from some guys with some experience here.

My tunica is very hard on both sides. I insert the needle (31ga x 5/16). when it hits the tunica I can feel it stop. I am clear to the hilt of the needle. Then I need to jab more to pop through. I get a dull ache as soon as it goes through. Then I inject. If I jab and it goes half way through the plunger will not depress. Tough tunica from having sex almost every day of the week for 55 years. Twice a day when younger.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:14 pm

My experience with TRIMIX>>> Average 5 HR erections...some as long as 7 hrs. No problems.This not my advice, just my experience. Also, I have extensively *read up* on this topic and I'm convinced an 8 hr erection will not cause any permanent damage. Again, this is what I have concluded myself (opinion), not my advice.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:53 am

rahod1 wrote:My experience with TRIMIX>>> Average 5 HR erections...some as long as 7 hrs. No problems.This not my advice, just my experience. Also, I have extensively *read up* on this topic and I'm convinced an 8 hr erection will not cause any permanent damage. Again, this is what I have concluded myself (opinion), not my advice.

According to the Mayo Clinic, Ischemic priapism can cause serious complications. The blood trapped in the penis is deprived of oxygen. When an erection lasts for too long, this oxygen-poor blood can begin to damage or destroy tissues in the penis. As a result, untreated priapism can cause erectile dysfunction.

Larry

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
rahod1 wrote:My experience with TRIMIX>>> Average 5 HR erections...some as long as 7 hrs. No problems.This not my advice, just my experience. Also, I have extensively *read up* on this topic and I'm convinced an 8 hr erection will not cause any permanent damage. Again, this is what I have concluded myself (opinion), not my advice.

According to the Mayo Clinic, Ischemic priapism can cause serious complications. The blood trapped in the penis is deprived of oxygen. When an erection lasts for too long, this oxygen-poor blood can begin to damage or destroy tissues in the penis. As a result, untreated priapism can cause erectile dysfunction.

Larry

In my *extensive* search on the internet I have never found an account of an 8 hr erection causing permanent damage. In addition, the drug companies define a 4 hr erection as a *Prolonged Erection* and 6hrs as *Priapism*. Consider this: The drug companies tell you to seek medical attention if the erection lasts more than 4 hrs, but they have already factored in that EVENTUAL TREATMENT could take another 2 (or more) hours to actual implementation! So now you have 6 hrs to treatment. Keep in mind, they have also factored in a *padding* for safety..at least another 2 hrs. I'm not telling anyone hear to wait 8rs, but to run to the ER at 4 hrs >>>IN MY HUMBLE OPINION<<< is premature. I have been injecting for almost 2 years and have had NUMEROUS instances of 6 hr erections and my dick works 100%.
Note: This is not to be taken as advice! Just my experience and opinion.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:32 am

rahod1 wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

In my *extensive* search on the internet I have never found an account of an 8 hr erection causing permanent damage. In addition, the drug companies define a 4 hr erection as a *Prolonged Erection* and 6hrs as *Priapism*. Consider this: The drug companies tell you to seek medical attention if the erection lasts more than 4 hrs, but they have already factored in that EVENTUAL TREATMENT could take another 2 (or more) hours to actual implementation! So now you have 6 hrs to treatment. Keep in mind, they have also factored in a *padding* for safety..at least another 2 hrs. I'm not telling anyone hear to wait 8rs, but to run to the ER at 4 hrs >>>IN MY HUMBLE OPINION<<< is premature. I have been injecting for almost 2 years and have had NUMEROUS instances of 6 hr erections and my dick works 100%.
Note: This is not to be taken as advice! Just my experience and opinion.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20352005

It's your dick.

Larry

Return to “Injections”