Injection did absolutely nothing!

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
DP5689

Injection did absolutely nothing!

Postby DP5689 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:45 pm

So, I'm on trimix, and I've been having mixed results. I worked my way up to 35 units and that made it a lot easier to get and keep an erection (although it was not a guaranteed erection with no stimulation). I did 35 units again today and nothing. Not even that swelling on the injection side that I see with lower dosages. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood? I didn't feel any pain, and I think I injected it into the right place. This really sucks to deal with in your early 30's.

Have any of you had injections help sometimes then do nothing other times? Has anyone else had swelling on the one side of the injection but not the other? I don't have peyronie's, but if I inject a small amount without stimulation it makes one side swell up (the injected side) and not the other.
Mid 30's. I have had ED for years after a couple of injuries. Suspected venous leak.

dg_moore

Re: Injection did absolutely nothing!

Postby dg_moore » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:43 pm

Injections, regardless of mix or dosage, never produced any response at all for me after pills stopped working. Just sayin'...
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

rahod1

Postby rahod1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:47 pm

Iluvatar wrote:So, I'm on trimix, and I've been having mixed results. I worked my way up to 35 units and that made it a lot easier to get and keep an erection (although it was not a guaranteed erection with no stimulation). I did 35 units again today and nothing. Not even that swelling on the injection side that I see with lower dosages. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood? I didn't feel any pain, and I think I injected it into the right place. This really sucks to deal with in your early 30's.

Have any of you had injections help sometimes then do nothing other times? Has anyone else had swelling on the one side of the injection but not the other? I don't have peyronie's, but if I inject a small amount without stimulation it makes one side swell up (the injected side) and not the other.

You must have missed. You shouldn't really require *stimulation* either. I'm 71 and get rock hard with 12 units in 10 min and it's pretty damn consistent too (20 PGE/2/30 formula). There may be many reasons. Why are you injecting at age 30? Do you have a PHYSICAL (organic) ailment? Also, is the formula properly stored and how old is it? Lots of other reasons...but technique and potency of formula come to mind if you don't have ailments.

jvd1975

Postby jvd1975 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:47 am

I too am on the younger end of the spectrum (41) and have noted that the same dose that much older men take to get 'rock hard erections" does nothing for me. In my short experience and through researching on this forum, one man's rock hard erection dose is another man's starting dose. And it does not seem to matter in regard to age, body type, even if you have had your prostate removed. Everyone seems to react differently to different doses. Keep trying as the dose you are taking is still pretty low. Now you will also see that many men on here have had implants, so keep in mind that they most likely went through the trimix phase and at some point it stopped working. And yes, if you have a specific medical or complicating issue, you may need to think about an implant. Even though I am not considering one now, I certainly have started researching it for the future as it could become a reality.

DP5689

Postby DP5689 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:01 am

rahod1 wrote:You must have missed. You shouldn't really require *stimulation* either. I'm 71 and get rock hard with 12 units in 10 min and it's pretty damn consistent too (20 PGE/2/30 formula). There may be many reasons. Why are you injecting at age 30? Do you have a PHYSICAL (organic) ailment? Also, is the formula properly stored and how old is it? Lots of other reasons...but technique and potency of formula come to mind if you don't have ailments.

Why am I injecting at 30? Because I cannot maintain erections, I can get hard for a very short time, but the erection quickly drains. I have suspected venus leak, but most doctors dismiss it because I'm "too young".

I'm taking Alprostadil/Papaverine/Phentolamine (10MCG/30MG/1MG)/ml.
I don't know if that's strong or not, but I think from what I'm told there are stronger solutions. I store it in the refrigerator and it is not past the expiration date.

What are the signs of missing?

jvd1975 wrote:I too am on the younger end of the spectrum (41) and have noted that the same dose that much older men take to get 'rock hard erections" does nothing for me. In my short experience and through researching on this forum, one man's rock hard erection dose is another man's starting dose. And it does not seem to matter in regard to age, body type, even if you have had your prostate removed. Everyone seems to react differently to different doses. Keep trying as the dose you are taking is still pretty low. Now you will also see that many men on here have had implants, so keep in mind that they most likely went through the trimix phase and at some point it stopped working. And yes, if you have a specific medical or complicating issue, you may need to think about an implant. Even though I am not considering one now, I certainly have started researching it for the future as it could become a reality.

I really don't want to consider an implant. I just don't like the idea, especially at my age. It's interesting you say starting dosage seems different for everyone. I definitely have some organic ED, but I wonder if my size makes a difference. I have a very large member (about 6.25" in circumference when erect). I'm not bragging, I would much rather have a much smaller penis with no ED, but I wonder if it requires more because there is more volume?

The thing is 35 units did something before, it wasn't a unconditional rock hard erection, but it did make it much easier to get an erection and regain one even after ejaculating.
Mid 30's. I have had ED for years after a couple of injuries. Suspected venous leak.

DP5689

Postby DP5689 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:13 am

Iluvatar wrote:
rahod1 wrote:You must have missed. You shouldn't really require *stimulation* either. I'm 71 and get rock hard with 12 units in 10 min and it's pretty damn consistent too (20 PGE/2/30 formula). There may be many reasons. Why are you injecting at age 30? Do you have a PHYSICAL (organic) ailment? Also, is the formula properly stored and how old is it? Lots of other reasons...but technique and potency of formula come to mind if you don't have ailments.

Why am I injecting at 30? Because I cannot maintain erections, I can get hard for a very short time, but the erection quickly drains. I have suspected venus leak, but most doctors dismiss it because I'm "too young". I also wonder if there are some endocrine issues too, I too finasteride for years and the ED started after I quit taking it. I also had a couple penile injuries..

I'm taking Alprostadil/Papaverine/Phentolamine (10MCG/30MG/1MG)/ml.
I don't know if that's strong or not, but I think from what I'm told there are stronger solutions. I store it in the refrigerator and it is not past the expiration date.

What are the signs of missing?

jvd1975 wrote:I too am on the younger end of the spectrum (41) and have noted that the same dose that much older men take to get 'rock hard erections" does nothing for me. In my short experience and through researching on this forum, one man's rock hard erection dose is another man's starting dose. And it does not seem to matter in regard to age, body type, even if you have had your prostate removed. Everyone seems to react differently to different doses. Keep trying as the dose you are taking is still pretty low. Now you will also see that many men on here have had implants, so keep in mind that they most likely went through the trimix phase and at some point it stopped working. And yes, if you have a specific medical or complicating issue, you may need to think about an implant. Even though I am not considering one now, I certainly have started researching it for the future as it could become a reality.

I really don't want to consider an implant. I just don't like the idea, especially at my age. It's interesting you say starting dosage seems different for everyone. I definitely have some organic ED, but I wonder if my size makes a difference. I have a very large member (about 6.25" in circumference when erect). I'm not bragging, I would much rather have a much smaller penis with no ED, but I wonder if it requires more because there is more volume?

The thing is 35 units did something before, it wasn't a unconditional rock hard erection, but it did make it much easier to get an erection and regain one even after ejaculating.

jvd1975

Postby jvd1975 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:22 am

Like me, they started you on the WEAKEST possible formula. 35 units of that formula did nothing for me. In fact, I had to go to a full 100 units to get even meh results. You will likely need a stronger formula, but they will probably want you to titrate up slowly. When it works, you'll know it. You won't be wondering if a chubby is all you are going to get. You should get a full erection, maybe not a "10" but at least a 7-8. From what I understand, a venous leak is one of the few situations where even injections may ultimately not fully work, and there is no cure, so you may eventually have an implant. I hear you, I do not want one either and at 41 I will try anything short of one before considering it, but it is what it is.

For comparison, there are people on formulas 12 x stronger than the one you have (120 mcg of PGE-1per ml). PGE-1 is usually the key ingredient you want to look at. I am just barely moved up to 20 mcg PGE-1 and at least am starting to get some results.I think part of this ordeal is money driven, They are going to want to milk you for as many appointments and prescriptions as they can. They are not going to just prescribe the strongest thing available and start you on the lowest dose of that.

Ironically, i think this does more harm to some of us than they realize. Adds anxiety which can worsen the ED. You start to think even the injections don't work, then you get the mental idea that you are screwed.

DP5689

Postby DP5689 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:33 pm

jvd1975 wrote:Like me, they started you on the WEAKEST possible formula. 35 units of that formula did nothing for me. In fact, I had to go to a full 100 units to get even meh results. You will likely need a stronger formula, but they will probably want you to titrate up slowly. When it works, you'll know it. You won't be wondering if a chubby is all you are going to get. You should get a full erection, maybe not a "10" but at least a 7-8. From what I understand, a venous leak is one of the few situations where even injections may ultimately not fully work, and there is no cure, so you may eventually have an implant. I hear you, I do not want one either and at 41 I will try anything short of one before considering it, but it is what it is.

For comparison, there are people on formulas 12 x stronger than the one you have (120 mcg of PGE-1per ml). PGE-1 is usually the key ingredient you want to look at. I am just barely moved up to 20 mcg PGE-1 and at least am starting to get some results.I think part of this ordeal is money driven, They are going to want to milk you for as many appointments and prescriptions as they can. They are not going to just prescribe the strongest thing available and start you on the lowest dose of that.

Ironically, i think this does more harm to some of us than they realize. Adds anxiety which can worsen the ED. You start to think even the injections don't work, then you get the mental idea that you are screwed.

Thanks. I called the compounders and talked with a very knowledgeable clinical case manager. He recommended I go to the next stronger dosage. He also said the one sided swelling is common for vasculogenic ED. It just sucks dealing with this now. I'm single, and to be honest I haven't had much sexual experience in the past, add to that severe ED and it's a recipe for disaster.

I can't believe I caused myself this.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:45 pm

You are getting some good advice here. Keep in mind that Trimix potentially affects everyone different. Some people need as few as two units for a rock-hard erection. At one point I was having lame erections at 120 units. It has taken me more than a year to find the proper formula. It just takes time for some people.

Keep talking with your urologist and pharmacist. Eventually you will get there.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:58 pm

I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but when you believe you're in the right place, try to withdraw the plunger a bit.
If you don't get a drop or more of blood showing, go deeper or shallower. The syringe should maintain some suction to still draw blood. I personally, can't get satisfactory results when I don't see blood.

This morning, I didn't see blood at first, but after I wiggled the needle a little, there it was.

Good luck.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Return to “Injections”