uk users - viridal shortage?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
mlc2010

uk users - viridal shortage?

Postby mlc2010 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:45 am

Viridal is brand name for caverject here, there was some manufacturing issue, now my chemist cant get any

anyone had alternatives prescribed to them?

Hunchback

Re: uk users - viridal shortage?

Postby Hunchback » Tue May 23, 2017 1:02 pm

EDEX has been completely OUT since ... FEBRUARY here in France. Because of that there's no Caverject to go around and it's been hell to get a god damned irreplaceable prescription drug for the past 4 months. :/
39 years old, married. ED all my life because of spinal cord injury caused by a tumor in early infant age. Using standard EDEX20 since 2007. Increasingly bad results with EDEX in the last few years, but had very good results for at least 10 years.

Bluewhippet

Postby Bluewhippet » Wed May 24, 2017 6:32 am

Viridal (Edex) in the USA and Caverject are the brand names for the same drug _ PGE1 otherwise known as Alprostadil. The main difference is that Caverject in 10mcg and 20 mcg are supplied as a dry powder in a syringe with 2 chambers. When you press the plunger the bacterostatic water in one chamber mixes with the dry powder to make it injectable. The 40 mcg dose is supplied in a separate vial together with a syringe of 1 ml of water to be injected into the vial. The reqired dose can then be withdrawn fom the vial for injection. All the doses of Viridal including 40mcg are in dual chamber syringes similar to Caverject. I find that Caverject supply from my UK chemist can be unreliable but Viridal can then be substituted.
80 year old Type2 diabetic, long term ED, pills then injections PGE1. After 4 years they became less effective. Implanted 20/3/2018 by NHS. AMS 700 CX 15+4 cm with MS pump. Never had any significant pain. Still working perfectly and used regularly.

Robotjim

Postby Robotjim » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:13 pm

mlc2010 wrote:Viridal is brand name for caverject here, there was some manufacturing issue, now my chemist cant get any

mlc2010 wrote:Viridal is brand name for caverject here, there was some manufacturing issue, now my chemist cant get any

I have been able to switch to caverject with no problems with supply. Prefer to use viridal which is much easier to use.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:23 pm

You can get MUSE urethral supp in UK yes??

If you can get regular syringes and bact water you can convert it easily to injectable liquid.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7620&p=53997&hilit=MUSE#p53997

The trick will be in fooling your Doc into giving you a prescription for it -- hopefully without having to actually try a urethral application -- which you probably would not like.

But you might just have to Man UP and try one application at the Docs to get on with a lifetime supply -- for example 1 MUSE pellet can make enough for 50 shots of 20mcg PGE-1 .... and it usually is sold as a box of six ... a years supply even if used every day of the week (except Sundays! ;-)) ).

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

mlc2010

Postby mlc2010 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:12 pm

Robotjim wrote:

I have been able to switch to caverject with no problems with supply. Prefer to use viridal which is much easier to use.

ah so they are prescribing caverject now instead of viridal? I should visit my GP and ask him to switch

Bluewhippet

Postby Bluewhippet » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 am

What your doctor should be prescribing is PGE1 (Alprostadil) and the dose. That gives your chemist the option to supply either Caverject or Viridal (Edex) depending on availability. If you have a preference you can tell your chemist and they will first try to supply that. That is what I do and it makes regular supply easier when there are shortages.
80 year old Type2 diabetic, long term ED, pills then injections PGE1. After 4 years they became less effective. Implanted 20/3/2018 by NHS. AMS 700 CX 15+4 cm with MS pump. Never had any significant pain. Still working perfectly and used regularly.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:43 am

JimStars wrote:You can get MUSE urethral supp in UK yes??

If you can get regular syringes and bact water you can convert it easily to injectable liquid.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7620&p=53997&hilit=MUSE#p53997

The trick will be in fooling your Doc into giving you a prescription for it -- hopefully without having to actually try a urethral application -- which you probably would not like.

But you might just have to Man UP and try one application at the Docs to get on with a lifetime supply -- for example 1 MUSE pellet can make enough for 50 shots of 20mcg PGE-1 .... and it usually is sold as a box of six ... a years supply even if used every day of the week (except Sundays! ;-)) ).

J

Not allowed to fuck on the Sabbath? :lol:

Larry

mlc2010

Postby mlc2010 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Bluewhippet wrote:What your doctor should be prescribing is PGE1 (Alprostadil) and the dose. That gives your chemist the option to supply either Caverject or Viridal (Edex) depending on availability. If you have a preference you can tell your chemist and they will first try to supply that. That is what I do and it makes regular supply easier when there are shortages.

so this is what I exactly did, and they said caverject is also having manufacturing problems,and back in stock august 8th haha

Return to “Injections”