Trimix#1 increasing dose. What is reasonable?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Worried Guy

Trimix#1 increasing dose. What is reasonable?

Postby Worried Guy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 am

My Trimix is labeled (16.7/0.56/0.0056) mg/ml injectable
The 5 ml bottle ingredients are labeled: Papaverine HCL USP 0.0835 gm, Phentolamine 0.6 ML; Alprostadil 0.075 ML
I would expect to see 5 times the 0.0835 gm 5

I tried 0.08 ml with some reaction 2 days ago. Today I tried 0.12 ml. (12 unit on the small syringe - 100 units = 1 ml) Some reaction but nothing usable. I plan on going up in .04 increments every 2 days. Is that too slow?

Does anyone know the difference between Trimix #1 and Trimix #2?

Jeff

Age 56, Gleason 3+4, BX 7/12 up to 70%, PSA 23 at DX May '09.
RP by DaVinci on July 21, '09 Both nerves gone. Incontinent.
Sling installed 1/2011 Works great. Now to fix ED.

lexmc1945

Re: Trimix#1 increasing dose. What is reasonable?

Postby lexmc1945 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:29 am

In principle I'd say increasing by 4 units is reasonable if your reaction is minimal but as you find the injection more effective, I'd probably drop back to two units and then one. There really isn't a definite guideline because it depends on your reaction to the drugs and reactions vary. As a precaution I'd have some Sudafed on hand, (the type containing pseudo ephedrine) in case you strike a problem, but if you're careful with the increases you shouldn't. If you get into the situation where an erection looks like lasting an excessive amount of time, say two hours plus, I'd take two Sudafed and if no change another two twenty minutes later, if the erection looks like lasting longer than four hours head to an emergency room as near to four hours as possible to minimise the risk of any damage. A neutralising injection is all it will take to solve the problem. No doubt by now I've probably almost scared you witless, don't worry, the likelihood of such a problem is rather rare, especially if you're careful with the dosage increases. It's extremely unlikely that a measured increase in dosage will cause any problem, just listen to your body and as the effect gets closer to the optimum result ease up on the rate of dosage increases. You'll probably find that the right dose is just a little less than you finally arrive at.
Please be assured that there really is only a very small risk of problems if you manage the increases sensibly, furthermore it really is very difficult to damage your penis in any serious way!
Healthy 70yo used injectibles for 20 odd years, Alprostadil, Caverject and now a variation of bimix.

Return to “Injections”