PGE1 PAINFUL: WILL TRIMIX BE THE SAME?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
thinktank

PGE1 PAINFUL: WILL TRIMIX BE THE SAME?

Postby thinktank » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:29 pm

Hello Guys

So back in May, I requested that my small town uro inject me with trimix. He responded as though he had never heard of it and instead said all he had to offer was PGE1. He then injected me with .5 ml of PGE1 and from the instant the needle entered my dick, pain ensued. For the next three hours I had a good erection, but the pain was unbearable in my dick. I could not have enjoyed sex in the least it was so bad. My wife would have, but it would have been torture for her to work my erect and painful dick.

So I get the bottle of PGE1 from the pharmacist and it sat there for almost three months in the frig since I am non plussed at my first experience. This morning I told myself to stop being a wuss and to try an injection of the PGE1 knowing it was two months past expiration.

As I type this three hours later from the injection, I am still in pain in my dick from the injection of .5 ml of PGE1. The pain has been excruciating for two hours before it began to let up. Since the PGE1 was past expiration, I got only a semi from the injection.

So here is my question. I want to try TRIMIX from an online pharmacy and doctor. WILL THE TRIMIX BE AS PAINFUL SINCE THAT CHEMICAL IS ALSO IN TRIMIX????

Please come to my aid and tell me your experiences with these two injectables. I need your help and I appreciate anybody informed for trying to give me your experiences.

Thanks in advance

ocitgo

Re: PGE1 PAINFUL: WILL TRIMIX BE THE SAME?

Postby ocitgo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:49 pm

ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

ocitgo

Postby ocitgo » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:53 pm

This may help you understand the issue

[quote][/quote]James

Urologist are writing prescriptions for trimix that can only be filled at a compounding pharmacy in the US. Each medication is approved for different reasons but the PGE1 (Carverject/Edex) is the only one approved for ED and available through a regular pharmacy, with a prescription.

Most men that use just PGE1, in a sufficient amount to produce an erection, experience pain from it. My understanding is that is why trimix was developed.

Yes, the prescribing information in Carverject/Edex says it can cause peyronies. I can not quote it now it has been too many years since I used it. It also causes corporal fibrosis that is why most men that try in stop in less than a year. There are some that can use it for many years, we are all different.

The corporal fibrosis from penile injections caused my condition to get worse. That is one reason the first urologist, that tried to put in an implant for me, punctured my urethra.

Jackp
ocitgo (Bob F), Bremerton, WA
Implanted 11/13/2017 AMS 700LGX 15 cm, leak, 3 cm rear tip
Implanted 06/17/2019 AMS 700LGX 18 cm, 1.5 cm rear tip

thinktank

Postby thinktank » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:22 am

Thanks Jackp for the links and the information.

I appreciate your concern. As early as this morning, there was an ache in my dick and my wife got on my case last night because my dick was red and puffy. She said no more injections. But as a man, I am the one who has to deliver the goods. Being a woman is easy in sex compared to what we must bring to the table.

At any rate, I am going to review all the threads in this section. But I would still appreciate comments on experiences with trimix and with quadmix.

Thanks again.

surfguy

Postby surfguy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:48 pm

I have been using PGE-1 (Edex) from a compounding pharmacy in San Diego, recommended by my urologist for almost 2 years with no ill effects. some aching pain only when I "miss aimed" the needle. I started at .20 mcgl which proved to be way more than needed. I had many erections over 4 hours, quelled using Sudafed. I dropped to .10 then gradually raised the level to .16 to ensure stronger erections. Difficulty reaching orgasm became an issue for several months. Then I tried dropping the dose to .10 once more and for the past 3 months everything has been wonderful. No pain or ache and very natural feeling of building to orgasm. I can go for an hour or ejaculate in 15 minutes or so with "normal" amount of stimulation. I'd suggest you try a smaller does of the PGE-1. and right away talk to your Uro! paon should not be part of the deal.

thinktank

Postby thinktank » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:06 am

Thanks Surfguy

I appreciate your trying to help me and I will certainly talk to my local small town urologist. He can take me no higher than his experiences and he is not versed in trimix. The thing for me is that once he stuck that half inch 26 gauge needle in my dick, the pain began immediately. It got worse as I got erect. Ditto for what happened to me on Monday. Same pain. Same misery all day long. I am thankful that you are an exception to this pain. The internet and this site are filled with anecdotal evidence of men just like me who had mega pain with PGE1 shots.

My compounding pharmacist said that the pain came from vacularity in my dick that had not been that stretched and tumnescent in years. That cannot be true for me as the pain started immediately when I was flaccid in the doctors office........and on Monday when i injected with PGE1 that was three months old, I never got hard, but the pain persisted all day long flaccid. The best I got was a big semi so the theory about my dick vacularity being stretched does not hold true for me.

Besides talking to my uro and getting his advice, the next thing up for me is to try trimix. If that doesnt help, then I am on the road to an implant but that is a big hurdle to cross as the men here report so kindly in giving us thier journey to such a decision and afterwards.

So bro..........Thanks Surfguy.............and inject away because you bro have returned to the land of 13 years olds with that hard dick that works and feels like it did at that age with no pain. I am glad for you. But for me, I am still searching. Thanks for your input. Others??????

tarheelgwb

Postby tarheelgwb » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:26 am

according the info on pge1, apprx 35% of men experience pain. nothing we can do about that. I too have some pain with pge1 (alprostidil) but i have dropped my dosing down. originally my uro did a script with 10mcg. At 20untis, i had excruciating pain......nearly cried. i dropped to 10un and that was better. still had more pain than i wanted. seems to increase in pain as the erection continued. more during sex. dropping your dosing will help. the other two ingredients in trimix do not cause pain, papaverine and phentolomine. use these and reduce pge1 or maybe eliminate it. PGE1 does work better on producing an erection so if you can tolerate a little you will be more satisfied with the erection quality.
60 - Trimix user
Nerve sparring RP in March '15. Near zero natural Erections.

thinktank

Postby thinktank » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Thanks tarheelgbw

If I try again and shoot my dick with a lesser amount, I will have to do it without my wifes knowing as she had told me to throw the PGE1 in the trash and forget the stuff.

I just talked to a respected retired doctor in my gym who was very open about all my issues. He is a great guy, affable, sympathetic, and open, and was doling out cardiac and orthopedic advice to me unsolicited. So I asked him about E.D. and PGE1. He chuckled and said pain is very commonly reported and what use is pain when you are trying to do something pleasurable.

I dont look forward to it Tarheelgbw, but I will try a smaller dose of the now three month old PGE1 and even try to draw blood in the syringe like many guys say to make sure I have the half inch needle deep inside my chamber.

Thanks for all the cocern. I do appreciate it. Others????????

BigEyes

Postby BigEyes » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:08 pm

Hey thinktank

Many guys are sensitive to PGE-1, Me included. If I ever dumped .5 ml of pure PGE-1 into me, you would be peeling me off the ceiling for a couple weeks!

You might want to try Trimix with a low concentration of PGE-1, say about 5-10 mcg/ml. If it works for you go from there. You can always raise the concentration, but once you stick the needle in, it's too late. If you still get pain you may need to switch to BiMix which leaves out the PGE-1.

I am super sensitive to the PGE-1. If an injection contains much more then 1 mcg or so, I get pain and I am typically unable to enjoy anything. FYI - it took me a lot of experimentation to realize what was going on and finally get something that works. Be patient!

Big
Doctor of Naturopathy (N.D.) and Herbalist. ED and occasional Anorgasmia from perineal surgery for rectal cancer Dec. 2012

once a writer

Postby once a writer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:50 pm

ThinkTank, like you I'm a small town guy. But when I headed down the injection road, I got myself to a larger town where I found a uro who was experienced with ED problems and trimix. At the moment, I am living happily ever after with his trimix prescription.

You're dealing with a doc who seems to be honestly admitting that he doesn't have a lot of experience with this stuff and who may be out of ideas if PGE1 doesn't work for you.

Think about it. Before you commit to surgery based on this one uro's experience, consider finding a uro who works regularly with the various injectables — PGE1, bi-mix, trimix, quad mix, etc. I would think you'd owe that to yourself and to your wife before you head down the implant road.

You might consider sharing on here what state you're from. Maybe a Frank Talk member from your state can steer you to an experienced uro in a nearby larger city.

One caution: As you head off to a larger town, be wary of those so-called "men's clinics." You can find plenty of horror stories about them in other posts on this site. They charge an arm and a leg. Familiarize yourself with the trimix pricing people talk about on here, and you'll know whether you're being treated fairly.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

Return to “Injections”