Trimix for under 30

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Cajun Jeff

Re: Trimix for under 30

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Well John, congrats on finding a new Uro. My guess is the Dr gave you the script and your waiting for the happy sauce! Do you have a date for the lesson and first injection in the Drs office? We will be waiting on a report!

Very pleased for you.

The Cajun
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

John84

Postby John84 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Thanks everyone for your support. I have finally received my medication and am all set to begin the experimentation. I do intend to use the auto injector and from what I have read on forums, BD Inject Ease seems to be a unanimous favorite. Do all auto injectors work on the principle of filling in the syringe everytime for usage and then placing it inside the auto injector?

I wanted to ask if anyone here has thought of using the autopens that are nowdays used to inject insulin. The pens are extremely compact in design and would eliminate filling in the plastic syringes every single time. A cartridge with 3 cc of medicine is placed inside the pen and this can be conveniently used for 20-30 shots depending upon usage with every shot. The desired quantity of medicine for every shot can be adjusted with the dial mounted on these pens.

The pens do offer lot of advantages in terms of efficiency, time saving and ease of usage over syringes and even auto injectors.

Please let us know if anyone else has used the pen. It would be great if you could share your thoughts on this idea too - if you feel that this would not work due to any reason etc.

Thanks!

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:02 pm

I am a diabetic so I have experienced injecting with both the pen and a syringe. So far, I have only injected into my love handles. My preference is to use a syringe because it is more accurate in delivering the desired quantity and I found the syringe to be the least painful. The pen pierces the skin with more force and I found that it sometimes does not deliver 100% of the desired dosage - sometimes there are drops of insulin that continue to emerge from the pen needle after pulling it out.

I have just received my first vial of tri-mix and based on my experience with insulin, I never even considered the use of the pen. Could just be me and my comfort zone in using a syringe.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Injections”