Using Diluted MUSE as a daily Penile Rehab Method

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
john100

Re: Using Diluted MUSE as a daily Penile Rehab Method

Postby john100 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:51 pm

Jim,
what insurance do you use that covers the muse cost partially? I use blue shield and it does not cover alot of the ed
medical related rx i need.

Also, with the liquid muse, do you have to wear a condom? Ejaculation in partner issues?
Reason I ask is that the pharmacist said I have to use a condom with the
tri mix gel contraption since it comes out with the sperm when ejaculation occurs.

Tx

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:54 pm

For insurance I have Fallon (PPO) ... pretty good and of course expensive except thru a corporate work plan.

Hah Hah .. I don't have any ejaculation anymore -- no prostate -- although if standing up I can shoot urine across the room on ejac ... pretty awesome.

I suppose you might need a condom if using TMGel and ejaculate -- PGE-1 can irritate sensitive vagina linings. I suppose same might happen with MUSE (liquid or the pellet) to some extent? -- my wife did complain about irritation a bit in the early days.

J
Last edited by JimStars on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

john100

Postby john100 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:20 am

how much does fallon hmo cost, because right now I just paid $300 for the 6 pack of muse, $86 for the tri mix gel.....can u give me the link to apply to it?

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:06 pm

Just an update on daily MUSE rehabbing.
Finished 2nd 30ml bottle yesterday. It Did last just about 1 month, even tho I have been using around 150 units each time. But not used on every day since half the days were pre-empted by Trimix shots instead (yeehahh!).

I inadvertently confirmed (again) what John said about MUSE going for retail price of about $300 for a 6 pack. Unbelievable. Luckily thru CVS (with Fallon/Medco) I pay $50 co-pay only -- not too bad, not too great either.
Thru Medco mailorder it is around $30 for 6-pack which I will be switching to after a month or so.

So for anyone wondering how can I get on this daily rehab, what you would have to do is get your Uro to prescribe the MUSE and hope your plan covers it fairly well. If you have Trimix maybe have to be out-of-pocket (insurance may or may not cover both). Then you have the feedstock for the diluted MUSE coming in every month. And as mentioned elsewhere, diluted MUSE has ZERO burning or aching sensation -- a pretty low dose and since it is not concentrated in one spot (no pellet) it is just smooth sailing all the way up and down.

As mentioned before, it is real nice to have some hardness every night for a few hours rather days off-again then on-again with the shots (or even worse using the stupid Big-3 pills which don't really do a damn thing for REAL blood flow in our cases). (You would have to make your anxious partner aware tho that it was not for intercourse use -- although it might work if you are quick about it!).

Also is something to consider for early-on after Prostatectomy as a REAL method to get blood flowing daily instead of pills method or even early Trimix use. You just have to tell your Doc that sometimes you don't want to use shots so your would like to have the MUSE on tap for those times -- simple!

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

limpnoodle

Postby limpnoodle » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Question: Anybody ever put the Bimix or Trimix up their urethra. Not inject but squit the liquid up old one eye. I've got left over Muse, Bimix and Trimix sitting in the refridg and was about to throw it all out. Never had thought about disolving the Muse to dilute. (got some of all strengths) Also got some Bimix and Trimix that is 18 months old that I sure would not inject because of how long it has been sitting around. But can't really see a difference in using liquid vs gel of Trimix up the urthera other than it might run out the end. Or would using it as a liquid set you on fire in not a good way.

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:20 pm

Hey Limp,

Double check with your pharmacist, but I don't think Bimix and Trimix become dangerous after 18 months. Rather, I think they say something like "may lose its effectiveness" after 6 months. As long as it has been refrigerated, and as long as it's still clear--not cloudy--I think you've got good stuff there. It may not be as potent as it was, but I sure wouldn't throw it away without talking to the pharmacist. I've used my current vial for over 6 months and it's as potent as ever. Just sayin.

And I would NEVER insert something into my urethra that was designed to be an injection. Again, ask the pharmacist, but I think he will advise against it.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Ant:

And I would NEVER insert something into my urethra that was designed to be an injection. Again, ask the pharmacist, but I think he will advise against it.

You got it BACKWARDS - never INJECT anything that was meant for intra-urethral use ! Heh. The other way -- who cares?

Limp:

BIMIX or TRIMIX for injection is a very weak formulation compared to intra-urethral stuff (25 mcg/ml PGE-1 in TRI vs minimum 250mcg for MUSE pellet). So reusing BI or TRI would probably not be worth the effort. Hey one thing you could do with the old BI and TRI that is pretty safe - apply it to the SKIN of your penis and let it soak in. I tried that the other day with the liquid MUSE -- and it got a little puffiness out of 150 units -- but not as good as urethrally -- just too much of a barrier to get thru I guess.

Carry on !

J

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:21 pm

Very simply, I would never use any medicine in any way it was not designed to be used. That's just me.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Anonymous FT Member

Postby Anonymous FT Member » Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:07 pm

Any further updates on this rehab?

Return to “Injections”