Old and New??

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
6gauge

Old and New??

Postby 6gauge » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:32 pm

Hey Guys have any of you mix your old Tri-Mix with a new prescription? With the amount I use I sometimes have about 1/2 to 2/3rds. of a dose left in the vial, in the past I would just use the new vial and save the leftover for solo use or a "quickie" but I just thought about mixing the two? Any experiences would be appreciated.
64 Las Vegas
Widower
Former TRI MIX user, stopped working after a few yeas
Implanted 8/11/2021, titian one touch 21cm.
Willing to show and tell

Rickey11

Re: Old and New??

Postby Rickey11 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:46 pm

I would not put old trimix into a new prescription bottle. The old mixture WILL have a certain amount of contamination from repeated injections, thus increasing the risk of an infection being introduced to the penis. Which then could increase scar tissue among other nasty problems.
I freeze my bottles of trimix and they last for almost a year without much degrading of potency. I use up the old bottle before I open the new bottle.

6gauge

Postby 6gauge » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:06 pm

@Rickey11, I probably didn't explain properly. What I was thinking of is empty the old bottle and top of the syringe with the new bottle.
64 Las Vegas
Widower
Willing to show and tell

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:01 pm

I usually have a partial syringe when the old vial is empty and add some of the new to get the right dosage.
One problem I just had was the needle wouldn't go in right probably because of going into 2 vials. Now, I hope to squirt the old syringe into a cup and fill a new one with it.
I've done that before.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:37 pm

There is always a chance of contamination from one vial to another. When I have needles removable from the syringe, I used one needle to draw out of the vial, then pulled the plunger back so there was air in the needle end so no med was lost, then changed to a new needle and push the air back out and inject. that way I always had a sharp needle to inject. I do that with my testosterone too. From the new bottle to the old you can add but never from the old to the new. I gave up on the trimix injections back in 2011 but found a bottle dated.......2011..........in the fridge the other day and tried a 75/100 cc injection which was 25% less than the high dose I last used. Never got hard but it certainly plumped things up. Best as I remember only one of the 3 ingredients in trimix goes bad with age. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:02 am

I think this is a good question for a medical professional. I'm not so sure that contamination is a significant risk if sterile needles and alcohol swabs are being used as recommended. My point is that if the older vial contained contaminations, then presumably you were already injecting contaminants when using that vial.

Where in the process are we suspecting that vial No. 1 becomes contaminated?
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:56 pm

The syringes I use are one piece and the needle can't be replaced I think.
They are made by Reli-on.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

6gauge

Postby 6gauge » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:09 pm

I use the one piece syringes too so no chance of replacing then. I never though about dulling them though..
64 Las Vegas
Widower
Willing to show and tell

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:55 pm

I find the grey stopper bottles dull the needle the fastest. When trying to suck the last drop out sometimes I pull the needle out unintentionally and have to poke it again, sometimes I hit the inside of the stopper too. those times the needle is so dull that it shoves a dimple in the skin and won't go in. a new needle takes care of that. Insulin size syringes with a replaceable needle are extremely hard to find. I do not know if they make syringes to fit the BD PEN NEEDL MIS 31GX3/16 or if they only work on prefilled prescriptions. One way to get around a dull needle on a fixed needle syringe is to suck it out with one. Pull the plunger out of a second one carefully placing it like a lever on a fulcrum so the plunger does not touch anything to contaminate it. squirt the filled syringe into the tube, barely put the plunger back careful not to squirt out any meds, turn it needle side straight up and squeeze the air. New needle, your dick is the first thing it punctures and it will be sharp. I do this sometimes. Allergy shots, T and others I give myself several shots a week. Multi use injectibles often have a thicker rubber stopper plug too versus singly use type meds. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Injections”