First Meeting w/DR

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
hockey

First Meeting w/DR

Postby hockey » Fri May 20, 2011 12:29 pm

I had my first meeting with my Uro this morning about my ED. He scheduled somekind of a test and agreed with me that injections should be the way to go. I am not sure what the name of the test is. It sounded like a Doppler Test. I wear hearing aids and I didn't hear him real clearly. He was impressed with where I told him I got the information about injecting. I did tell him I got the courage to proceed from FT. Thank you for pushing, dragging or shoving me in that direction. And away we go. It wasn't near as hard to confront my problem and talk to the good Doctor. He immediately put made me feel comfortable.

He has been treating me for Low T and asked me why I waited so long. He understood my approhension and we had a good laugh.

I would strongly incourage any man who has this problem to simply ask for help.

Thank you Frank Talk!
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

Cajun Jeff

Re: First Meeting w/DR

Postby Cajun Jeff » Fri May 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Hockey: Good for you. So pleased that you got the courage to seek help from the DR. I hope that you have outstanding results. I can say injections gave me new life back in the sack. Best of luck to you.. Do let us know how it goes.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri May 20, 2011 4:13 pm

What Jeff said.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

hockey

Postby hockey » Fri May 20, 2011 4:53 pm

I have got to be patient. Need that test and couldn't get scheduled until July 20th. BIG waiting list. The good Doctor did tell the scheduling Nurse to put my at the head of the cancellation list. Might be sooner. I sure hope so. My anniversary is 7/23 (36 years). Just have to wait it out. My Uro is one of the best in Indiana. Thanks for the support. I will sure be happy to keep you all updated.
67 yr's young. Loving wife and 4 children 7 grandchildren. Type II diabetic for 9 years. Could retire but love my job and the people I work for. Pills, Pumps & Injections all failed. Implanted on 9/2/11. I am now "Bionic":)

hockey

Postby hockey » Sun May 22, 2011 9:10 pm

My Uro gave me a book to read. "Sex and the Heart" How a healthier heart helps overcome Sexual Dysfunction. Author: Christopher P. Steidle, MD & Janet Casperson, ANP-C. I am not trying to sell the book but it is a very good read, It explains totally and completely how we can end up with ED. It goes into ALL the ramifications and treatments. Including all of the problems that can lead to ED. I highly recommend this book. Especially if your a person who is searching for answers and don't know where to turn.
It is available at Amazon.com I am not sure of the cost. Dr. Steidle is my Uro. The book discusses causes and treatments in detail be they drugs, pumps injections you name it. It is a little technical but not to much mostly plain English. I think you will find it highly informative and educational.

hockey

Postby hockey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:43 am

Had that all important Doctors meeting and test yesterday!
Much to my surprise I "Failed" the doppler ultrasound venous test. :x
After the injection my erection amounted to a #4 on a scale of 1-10.
My Dr. recommends an implant. :( I am not a happy camper at this time. :evil:
I am more depressed than I may have ever been in my life. I am sure this will
pass. My wife just doesn't seem to understand any of this. My approach is "It could be worse"

Now the process of checking with my insurance co. and seeing about the cost.

I will keep you posted as I take this journey into the world of bionics!

john100

Postby john100 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:28 pm

What was the doppler ultrasound venous test like? Is it similar to the one boston medical group does? Will it show any blockages?

hockey

Postby hockey » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:28 pm

john100 wrote:What was the doppler ultrasound venous test like? Is it similar to the one boston medical group does? Will it show any blockages?

John the best way to describe it is a simple test to check venous leakage. Ultra sound flaccid than inject something and wait for the erection and measure the blood flow again. Really not a complicated or very long test at all. My problem was the erection never really happened, at least not very strong. My Uro looked at the pictures and said "Not Good". He than said we should look into the implant. I really didn't want to hear that at all, as you can imagine!

He is one of the best in my area. I have a lot of trust and respect for him so I'll let him check out what my insurance will pay and get back with me.

My insurnace problem may be really small compared to getting my wife to buy into this thing. She is a very tough sell. She says she understood but I really don't think she has a clue. I will have been married 35 years in two days. Not going to be a very happy celebration. At least note what I was hoping for. Life goes on.

I would really just say the test is a walk in the park and no big deal at all when you put it in perspective. I incourage you to get the test ASAP. Good luck! At least you will know more when it's over right away!

I haven't got any idea what the Boston Medical Group test is. They must be very simular.

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Hockey,

I see your age is 65, so I'm assuming you're enrolled in Medicare. Medicare will definitely pay for an implant, esp with the test results you've gotten. Your uro should know how to do the paperwork properly.

I know this is not where any of us planned to be, but try and see the bright side. With your implant, you'll have no more shots, no more pills, and major wood on demand. Life could be worse. Just saying.

Best wishes,

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

hardwood0690

Postby hardwood0690 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:01 am

Hockey,

Just read your inital post and the string of replies. I hope that whatever you decided to do has worked out well for you and your wife.

Best regards.
62 years old, TRIMIX injections for four years, outstanding results. Sex life and libido never better providing more intimacy, pleasure, and passion for both my wife and I. TRIMIX injections have given us our sex lives back!

Return to “Injections”