Switch from Bimix to Trimix?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
btraws5

Switch from Bimix to Trimix?

Postby btraws5 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:51 am

Wondering about the situations in which an upgrade to trimix has been successful from bimix - Would yall get unsatisfactory erections with bimix, yet still a response? Because for me it is all or nothing - I either get a great erection for 3 hours, or nothing at all. So I don't know if that would indicate an upgrade to trimix. Has anyone else been in this situation (full erectile response or no response whatsoever) and found trimix reduced their amount of "non-responses"?

cincinnatus1951

Re: Switch from Bimix to Trimix?

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:05 am

Btraws
I use tri mix and have something of the same problem. very inconsistent results. I'd say give the tri mix a try. It appears the results are highly variable and it depends on your body's use of the injected material.
Cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:06 pm

That only seems to happen to me on trimix when I miss the spot.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:13 pm

btraws,

Trimix would almost certainly be a stronger formulation overall. Other than that, guys here have grappled with the whole issue of inconsistent results for years (different guys but it keeps surfacing again and again). It might help if somehow the strength of Bimix was somehow right on the borderline for you. Hard to say anything about that.

Like Tomas says, the only 'fail' for most of us is if the shot missed the Cavernosum and glanced off the tunica or just did not go thru. Having a good view of the real estate involved is pretty important and other things like the feel of the needle going thru the tunica, maybe seeing a tiny bit of blood back up into the syringe (I see that every time -- and no I do not back out the plunger -- it just wells up a tiny drop from pressire alone -- or osmosis)!

I suppose we need a checklist for people with inconsistent results -- like a bunch of questions a competent Uro might ask -- if he wasn't so busy and if he was interested.

Just describe how you do your shot now ... and we here can critique it for you.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

btraws5

Postby btraws5 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:28 am

That's the thing, I also get the little bit of blood in the syringe after taking the needle completely out, but that does not correlate with success. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It seems like some combination of factors sometime allow for the penis to respond to the medication, but sometimes not. I wonder if that has to do with the nature of the underlying problem. I am 26 and probably have a venous leak, so maybe those who have had radical prostatectomies have higher responses to correct injections than those with venous leaks. Just an idea.

Return to “Injections”